What if the Blues were healthy?

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Cant imagine them any better but this would be so nice

Fabbri - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Steen
Sobotka - Berglund -
(Pajaarvi, Blais, Sundquist, Barbashev, Thompson, [Depth Trade])
Upshall - Brodziak - Jaskin

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Edmundson - Parayko
Gunnarson - Dunn/Bortuzzo

Allen
Hutton

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Cant imagine them any better but this would be so nice
Fabbri - Stastny - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Schenn - Steen
Sobotka - Berglund - Sandford/Jaskin
Paajarvi/Sundqvist - Brodziak - Jaskin/Thorburn

Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Edmundson - Parayko
Gunnarson - Dunn/Bortuzzo

Allen
Hutton

If they were completely healthy, that's probably more what would have happened. Upshall wouldn't be here because Fabbri never went down. Sanford would also be in the mix on the 3rd line and Thompson, Barbashev, and Blais wouldn't have sniffed the roster due or Paajarvi might have already been gone and Sundqvist sent down.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
If they were completely healthy, that's probably more what would have happened. Upshall wouldn't be here because Fabbri never went down. Sanford would also be in the mix on the 3rd line and Thompson, Barbashev, and Blais wouldn't have sniffed the roster due or Paajarvi might have already been gone and Sundqvist sent down.

Yep youre probably right. I forgot about Sanford who I really like. Bitter sweet that we'd gain Fabs but lose Upshall. Love what he brings to the team.

Just sayin though if we could add fabbs to this lineup they'd be lethal

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I’d rather have seen

Steen Fabbri Tarasenko
Schwartz Schenn Sobotka
Berglund Stastny Sanford
Upshall* Brodziak Jaskin
Thorburn

Edmundson Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Parayko
Dunn Botuzzo
Gunnarson

Allen
Hutton

If Sanford wasn’t cutting it then the RW upgrade via trade could be explored

That’s a Damn good team!!

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Unless Upshall was being UNREASONABLE in his contract demands, there was little reason to let him walk. Stupid decisions down the stretch aside, he's an elite 4th liner, and he's got offensive tools.

Even before the Fabbri injury, I always felt like this year we would be President's Trophy winners (or at least runners-up), but next year would be the beginning of our big cup runs. Another year on Dunn, and perhaps adding any of Walman, Thompson, Kostin, Blais, Kyrou, or Thomas would make us hands-down favorites.

Oh, and we'd have Tavares, so duh.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Unless Upshall was being UNREASONABLE in his contract demands, there was little reason to let him walk. Stupid decisions down the stretch aside, he's an elite 4th liner, and he's got offensive tools.

Even before the Fabbri injury, I always felt like this year we would be President's Trophy winners (or at least runners-up), but next year would be the beginning of our big cup runs. Another year on Dunn, and perhaps adding any of Walman, Thompson, Kostin, Blais, Kyrou, or Thomas would make us hands-down favorites.

Oh, and we'd have Tavares, so duh.

I'm kinda in the same boat. I think we'll have a good team this year, a better one next year with the additions of the young guys, and then the following year is really when we can take a crack at a Cup. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad