Olympics: What if Crosby and Malkin fight in the Olympic final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
that would be awesome!

they would still have to get back to the season right away after that and work on getting another stanley cup..would be funny and kind of akward!

did this ever happen before to see two team mates fight in the olympics ?

Levizk

Feb 12, 2007
Monroeville, PA
My money is on Malkin turning on team Russia and hitting Ovechkin with a steel chair in the final minutes of the game creating a turnover so that Canada can score a game winning goal. On a side note what if Semin and Richard Simmons fight during the Olympics?

HockeyAndTheSox

Let's Go Pens&Yotes!
Sep 19, 2008
AZ & PA
that would be awesome!

they would still have to get back to the season right away after that and work on getting another stanley cup..would be funny and kind of akward!

Yeah, but the question here is WHY would they fight? Its not like they compete for attention on the Penguins. The only reason this would happen is if Crosby or Malkin got a cheapshot from the other or something like that.

HockeyAndTheSox

Let's Go Pens&Yotes!
Sep 19, 2008
AZ & PA
My money is on Malkin turning on team Russia and hitting Ovechkin with a steel chair in the final minutes of the game creating a turnover so that Canada can score a game winning goal. On a side note what if Semin and Richard Simmons fight during the Olympics?

Malkin hits OV with a steel chair, then Crosby skates down the ice and gets the GWG, goes and hugs Malkin forgetting that they're playing against each other, then they get back to the NHL and the team goes on a tear again.....................WHAT? I can dream.

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
Malkin hits OV with a steel chair, then Crosby skates down the ice and gets the GWG, goes and hugs Malkin forgetting that they're playing against each other, then they get back to the NHL and the team goes on a tear again.....................WHAT? I can dream.

Gonchar, upset with what Malkin has done holds a meeting for team Russian players only. The following day, Ovechkin Gonchar and the rest of team Russia leave North America for the KHL. Malkin then ends up becoming the last Russian born player ever to play in the NHL (he bolts a couple of days later). The NHL later on folds and the KHL becomes the most competitive hockey league in the world.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Yeah, but the question here is WHY would they fight? Its not like they compete for attention on the Penguins. The only reason this would happen is if Crosby or Malkin got a cheapshot from the other or something like that.

just Crosby playing very intensely since this is final, that hes THE player for canada and that hes freaking awesome.. he hits Malkin who had the head a little down.. open ice hits..

Malkin falls and get up right away and he's just mad..like this time in the playoffs where he just unload a slap shot on Martin Biron in a breakaway..

He pushed Crosby and thats it the gloves are down !!

Crowd is like "AAAH"" and this just set the place in fire !!!

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
No, Malkin hits OV with a steel chair, Crosby streaks down the ice on a breakaway, Fedorov shouts 'get the tables', Nabokov chokeslams Crosby through table, OV picks up the puck and scores, Russia wins gold.

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
No, Malkin hits OV with a steel chair, Crosby streaks down the ice on a breakaway, Fedorov shouts 'get the tables', Nabokov chokeslams Crosby through table, OV picks up the puck and scores, Russia wins gold.

But at the medal ceremony, Gary Bettman comes out with Brian Burke to announce that Russia will have to play the US and Slovakia in a triple threat game. While Slovakia is distracting the refs and beating up the Russians in the stands, the United States is scoring uncontested goal after uncontested goal and wins gold after trouncing Russia and Slovakia 42-0-0.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

I see some sort of powder being thrown in Ovechkin's face before he scores but the ref doesn't see it.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
I remember at the '91 Canada Cup, Theo Fleury and Joel Otto (both played for Calgary at the time) really getting into it, not full out fighting, but to the point where I was thinking "Holy Crap! These guys are both on the same NHL team!"

That said, Crosby and Malkin are both centres. If anything were to happen as far as physicality between players on the same team, I'd think Orpik on Crosby/Malkin is more likely.

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
Yes Orpik hitting either of them is probably more likely.

Maybe Rafalski having to deal with Holmstrom in front of the net?
How about Ovie cheap-shots Crosby and Gonchar Malkin later pull him aside in the locker room. All out Pens vs Caps in the locker room.

Or any number of other ridiculous random nonsense.

Sony Eriksson*

Well for one it will not happen since the USA is going to eliminate Canada.....:yo::yo::yo::yo:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
They'e not going to fight.

More likely scenario is if one accidently injures other with a puck. Crosby's got pretty good aim these days so my money's on Malkin accidently taking out Crosby.
He'll probably then run over and hover over Crosby crying and looking distressed while his Russian teammates pull him aside and tell him to let the Canadian medical guys handle it.

Yeah, I should write.:p:

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
I remember at the '91 Canada Cup, Theo Fleury and Joel Otto (both played for Calgary at the time) really getting into it, not full out fighting, but to the point where I was thinking "Holy Crap! These guys are both on the same NHL team!"

That said, Crosby and Malkin are both centres. If anything were to happen as far as physicality between players on the same team, I'd think Orpik on Crosby/Malkin is more likely.

In the same 1991 Canada Cup I saw Joel Otto absolutely smoke Al Macinnis with an open ice hit no less.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Dude that would be totally awesome and what if when they were fighting Malkin pulled out a bow-staff and started crushing Crosby with it but then Chris Pronger jumps off the bench and yells "SID!" and throws Sid a bow-staff and just when you think Sid is out of it he comes back strong and they dual all over the ice and then Malkin pulls out a sword but then Crosby continues to use his bow-staff against Malkin and his sword and then an earthquake hits and the whole rink caves in and suddenly they're on a rock island in the middle of a lava ocean still fighting!!!!!!!!

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Well for one it will not happen since the USA is going to eliminate Canada.....:yo::yo::yo::yo:

In the luge event maybe...

In all seriousness, a Geno vs Sid battle in a steel cage type of format would be pretty cool. Geno has the reach on him, but Sid is a feisty little guy that can take a punch and dish it out too.

I've got Sid winning via 5th rd TKO... :box:

PKV Jungle Friends

Not Growing a Garden
Feb 17, 2007
The Sanctuary
Dude that would be totally awesome and what if when they were fighting Malkin pulled out a bow-staff and started crushing Crosby with it but then Chris Pronger jumps off the bench and yells "SID!" and throws Sid a bow-staff and just when you think Sid is out of it he comes back strong and they dual all over the ice and then Malkin pulls out a sword but then Crosby continues to use his bow-staff against Malkin and his sword and then an earthquake hits and the whole rink caves in and suddenly they're on a rock island in the middle of a lava ocean still fighting!!!!!!!!

Just brilliant stuff... :handclap:

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
expelliarmus!

Diagonaali

Jan 8, 2009
Finland
I could see pronger going for a flying elbow drop.

And then Teemu Selänne would step in and totally crush Prongster against the wall making his nose bleed and Prongmonster would swear to kill Selänne in the hand shake of all three teams and next season they would be all playing in ducks and win the cup.

Badger36

Jan 4, 2010
Columbus, OH
It would be great if Crosby and Malkin fought and then after the olympics there was still bad blood between them and it caused the Pens to implode.
Its highly unlikely that it will happen, but we can always dream!

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
that would be awesome!

What if my aunt had *****?

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
They don't fight now in the NHL. Why would it change when it came to the Olympics? It won't happen. Do you know how awkward they would look. Even if they did, it wouldn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad