what if Crosby and Malkin didn't get hurt in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
the pens took tampa to game 7 in the first round that season with jordan staal leading the way, tampa then went to game 7 of the east final

how would the season be different if crosby and malkin were healthy? pens win the cup? crosby win the art ross and hart?

corey perry won the hart that year, crosby was dominating before the injury so how would perry be looked at today without that hart?

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
corey perry won the hart that year, crosby was dominating before the injury so how would perry be looked at today without that hart?

I already have Getzlaf ahead of Perry, but a few have Perry ahead because of the awards. Without awards, I'd say Getzlaf is more clearly ahead.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I mean the obvious assumption is that Crosby wins hart/ross as he was far ahead of everyone else and on fire. So Perry loses out. Which sucks for him as that's his one huge career accomplishment.

But team accomplishments for Pitt....? I dunno. Pens didn't win the cup (nor come really close) at anytime between 2010 and 2015. Of course they *could* have won in 2011. With Crosby/Malkin they should be seen among favorites every year i think. But they could just have easily - and more likely - have stumbled in playoffs as they did in many of those other years. So I don't think you can make any assumptions there.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
This is a history board, not a hypothetical board for fantasies about what the Pittsburgh Penguins could have accomplished if X, Y, Z happened. We have had enough threads for that lately.

Seriously... what answer can anyone possibly have? It's been three-straight Springs of this. Stick to history, not projection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad