What if contact was allowed in the same manner as hockey?

Rapsfan

Jun 7, 2021
I've always liked basketball but one element that I don't like is how touching someone on the bicep is a foul. In hockey, it's not a foul if he has possession. What if in the NBA you're allowed to hit a player as long as he has the ball? I'm tired of refs calling really weak fouls.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I've always liked basketball but one element that I don't like is how touching someone on the bicep is a foul. In hockey, it's not a foul if he has possession. What if in the NBA you're allowed to hit a player as long as he has the ball? I'm tired of refs calling really weak fouls.
I would watch the shit out of gladiator-ball.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I just hope that the motherf***in OP realizes that hockey players are geared up with protection and pads while basketball players just tanktops and shorts on.
Yeah, and padding would make basketball less athletic with it being harder to move. I think the frictionless surface and being on skates would make padding in hockey necessary even without the physicality. But adding it unnecessarily to basketball would rob it of what makes it great, which is it being a sport that revolves pure, explosive athleticism the most IMO.

Not talking about the OP, but I never understood sports fans who want all sports to be the same, I like each big 4 sport for its unique quality. Plus as a practical purpose, I think people should have the option to play sports that aren't violent/overly physical.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Body-contact basketball (as well as body-contact soccer) is something my friends and I would play back in primary school in the school-yard during recess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad