What ever happened to the guys from Making the Cut

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
making the cut 2 was for a endorsement contract and not an nhl tryout wasnt it? a couple of the guys from the first one and the second one had a few games in the ahl and thats it... probably most of them are in the echl or in europe i bet

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
there is a couple playing AHLandECHL, taylor, macdonald, brine are the ones i know of off the top of my head. Taylor had 41 points in 37 games with florida in the ECHL and 0 points in 5 games with rochester. Brine 8 points 22 games with Rochester in the AHL, and 30 in 52 with Florida in the ECHL. MacDonald 2 in 11 with Rochester and 24 in 56 with Florida. Taylor and Brine look like pretty good players so far.

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
Mike Mole is in the Islanders system. He bounces between the ECHL and AHL, but next year he should see backup or starting duty in the AHL with Dubielewicz gone (assuming Bridgeport or NYI don't sign anyone).

Last edited:

Silvercup Returns

King Karlsson
Jul 28, 2005
Ottawa
Mike Mole is in the Islanders system. He bounces between the ECHL and AHL, but next year he should see backup or starting duty in the AHL with Dubielewicz gone (assuming Bridgeport or NYI don't sign anyone).

He's a friend of mine, he's a good guy. Ottawa native. His dad is very high in the RCMP. He's expecting to make the AHL team.

AgentNaslund*

our guy James Demone is playing as a plugger in our AHL farm team. Funny, I remember Bowman saying
"They will all be in the NHL."

my ass.

BTW we still have his rights. ANyone interested? You can have him for a 8th round pick.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
our guy James Demone is playing as a plugger in our AHL farm team. Funny, I remember Bowman saying
"They will all be in the NHL."

my ass.

BTW we still have his rights. ANyone interested? You can have him for a 8th round pick.
DeMone quit hockey after being switched to a forward at this years Moose Camp and then being demoted to the ECHL team.

He's done.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Tibbets had a strong year for the California penal league.

I don't think he has ever spent an entire year on the same team. He played in Finland last season for less than half of the season and switched teams after 4 games (he was on a try-out contract on the first team).

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

do you think there is any chanse he ever plays an NHL game. it would be a GREAT story.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
do you think there is any chanse he ever plays an NHL game. it would be a GREAT story.

Honestly, I could see it. Hell I could even see him developing into a back up goaltender on a consistent basis.

I was always a fan of his when he played for those terrible Ice Dog expansion teams. That was about the same time that I got into Junior hockey. His stats werent ever pretty but he kept them in a lot of games.

Outside of Sauga, he's put him good numbers where ever hes played, whether it be other OHL teams, ECHL or CIS. His numbers in the AHL were average, but it was his first full cup of AHL coffee, sort of speak.

I'd expect him to play a lot of games in the AHL this year and I expect him to play pretty well.Dubie should be in the show backing up Ricky, and the Isles don't really have a goaltending position to give to a prospect, so the Sound Tigers goalie position could be his for the taking.

hluraven

Aug 15, 2005
London
DeMone quit hockey after being switched to a forward at this years Moose Camp and then being demoted to the ECHL team.

He's done.

He played for Hull in the British Elite League after leaving the ECHL. I don't think he's coming back to the UK for next season though

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Honestly, I could see it. Hell I could even see him developing into a back up goaltender on a consistent basis.

I was always a fan of his when he played for those terrible Ice Dog expansion teams. That was about the same time that I got into Junior hockey. His stats werent ever pretty but he kept them in a lot of games.

Outside of Sauga, he's put him good numbers where ever hes played, whether it be other OHL teams, ECHL or CIS. His numbers in the AHL were average, but it was his first full cup of AHL coffee, sort of speak.

I'd expect him to play a lot of games in the AHL this year and I expect him to play pretty well.Dubie should be in the show backing up Ricky, and the Isles don't really have a goaltending position to give to a prospect, so the Sound Tigers goalie position could be his for the taking.
Yea im a Bulls season ticket holder and boy was he ever a rock for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad