What do you think will happen if on October 5th ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
... Crosby and/or Ovechkin do not get a single point??? :cry:

First of all, I think HFboards will have to be closed for a few hours if the server doesn't crash.

The suicide rate will grow significantly accross North America, especially among HFboards members.

What else?

PS. This is not another Crosby vs. Ovechkin (or Ovechkin vs. Crosby) thread. Please don't post something like "some fans will lose their mind and start a public shooting, but I know it will happen in Washington and not in Pittsburgh, because Crosby is likely to get a few points on opening night thanks to his all-star linemates".

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
i dont know about october 5, but if by the end of the season, they have a combined 20 points, there will be some angry homosapiens

*edit (personally, i dont think they will disappoint, and AO may surprise a few)

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
roshiajin said:
First of all, I think HFboards will have to be closed for a few hours if the server doesn't crash.

The suicide rate will grow significantly accross North America, especially among HFboards members.

Talk about overreacting.

Maken*

Morons will over-react.
Sane folk will think nothing of it.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Absolutely nothing. They are 2 young kids (18,19 no?) entering the best league in the world. They will both probably have quite a few pointless games in the first 1 or 2 years.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
ryz said:
Absolutely nothing. They are 2 young kids (18,19 no?) entering the best league in the world. They will both probably have quite a few pointless games in the first 1 or 2 years.

But weren't all Pens/Caps games pointless after january 2004?

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
i don't know about you but i am expecting crosby to break sitler's record on oct 5. pens new stadium to be announced on the 6th. break his own points-in-a-game record on the 7th. hall of fame induction on the 8th, appointed governor of pennsylvania on the 9th. president of the world on the 10th.

and on the seventh day god rested......

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
askme
With Crsoby's hype, I'm convinced people are going to be calling him a bust unless he finishes second in Hart voting at an absolute bare minimum.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
ClarkeMustGoDotCom said:
what will happen October 5th?

The Flyers will beat the Rangers :D

And fans in Ottawa will complain about how those of us in the USA should have gotten to watch the Ottawa-Toronto game instead of that one, ostensibly on our behalf.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Chootoi said:
i don't know about you but i am expecting crosby to break sitler's record on oct 5. pens new stadium to be announced on the 6th. break his own points-in-a-game record on the 7th. hall of fame induction on the 8th, appointed governor of pennsylvania on the 9th. president of the world on the 10th.

and on the seventh day god rested......

lol

that's a nice post :bow: :clap:

KeepitinPitt

Mar 31, 2004
Gibsonia, PA
CupDrought67 said:
I think there will be a lot of hockey highlights on TSN's Sportcentre rather than ESPN's sportcenter. :razz:[/QUOT

Seriously, the only hockey talk I expect to hear out of ESPN is the inevitable "Hockey's back but who cares?" joke coming from what of the smug SOBs on Around the Horn which will immediately be followed by a 29 minute discussion reminding us all the Terrell Owens did indeed hold out this summer.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
On Oct.5th, Sidney Crosby will record his first NHL goal, and his first NHL hat-trick as the Penguins beat the Devils 5-1. Unfortunately, the next day, when talking about the game, the most talk will be about how Ben Roethlisberger was at the game, which will prompt a 17 minute discussion on Roetlisberger's Steelers on ESPN's Around The Horn.

Also on Oct.5th, Alexander Ovechkin will go pointless in a 5-0 loss to the Thrashers, which will prompt many HF posters to make comments on like "Ovechkin is a fat bum" and "Why can't that loser Ovechkin be more like Crosby". Ovechkin will respond by scoring 7 goals and 5 assists in the next 2 games, while Crosby goes scoreless, winning player of the week honors, and prompting people to make comments like "Crosby is a fat bum" and "Why can't that loser Crosby be more like Ovechkin".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad