What do you think of my workout/diet plan?

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
- I normally stretch before my workout, which is obviously recommended.

- I use an elliptical machine until I reach 500 calories. I can eventually work my way up to an hour.

- I may also jog an entire mile as an alternative option to the elliptical machine, as I build my way up to it.

- For lifting weights, I use curl bars: 20 lbs = 20 reps, 30 lbs = 15 reps, 40 lbs = 10 reps, 50 lbs = 5 reps (I can build my way up to it as well)

Meal Plan:

- Breakfast: Healthy Cereals like Fiber One, Kashi, Cheerios, a bagel with cream cheese, or a granola bar

- Lunch/Dinner: Grilled chicken, chicken sandwiches, any other meat, mashed potatoes, fresh or frozen vegetables like broccoli and corn, soup that doesn't come in a can: (canned foods usually have more sodium), rice (stovetop), green apples, lettuce w/ chicken or any meat (which is my salad), healthy frozen dinners with low sodium

- Healthy Snacks: Corn Chips like Fritos/Tositios, Cashews/Nuts, Crackers, Granola bars

I already drink water 99% of the time, I don't drink soda, but I do drink Gatorade and Powerade: I only get the ones with no sugar/calories or low sugar.

Overall, my main goal is to eat a healthy diet and to keep up on my daily physical activity level. I may cheat on my diet at times, but it's not a major concern for me. I also need to be more consistent with my plan.

Last edited:

HockeyAnalystGenius

Jun 15, 2017
You do not Need so many words to do a Work Out Plan.

The Number 1 thing is Stretching. I stretch for 15 minutes every single morning and 3-4x a week at Night.

This has enhanced my Musculature and increased my balance probably 10 folds.

I do not use the gym because I dont need to be a Jock.

Reactions: VickAshley

rent free

Apr 6, 2015

The Number 1 thing is Stretching. I stretch for 15 minutes every single morning and 3-4x a week at Night.

you are a little kid. you aren't a jock

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018

Don't act like a muscle head while you work out. Also, going to the gym doesn't make you a jock at all.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Reactions: H3ckt1k and RayP

VickAshley

Dec 7, 2017
Oak Lawn
twitter.com
All of this is literally just wrong although stretching is underrated but all the diets are bad and the "work-out" programs are bad and it all just seems like a giant troll thread in my imo.

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
All of this is literally just wrong although stretching is underrated but all the diets are bad and the "work-out" programs are bad and it all just seems like a giant troll thread in my imo.
I'm not a bodybuilder and I'm not looking for abs either. Being a young adult makes it difficult between all of the responsibilities that we all have to deal with between college and working during the summer/winter breaks. I'm just looking for simple changes and I'll workout when I have the time to. I'm also not trolling, this is real.

Last edited:

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
- I normally stretch before my workout, which is obviously recommended.

- I use an elliptical machine until I reach 500 calories. I can eventually work my way up to an hour.

- I may also jog an entire mile as an alternative option to the elliptical machine, as I build my way up to it.

- For lifting weights, I use curl bars: 20 lbs = 20 reps, 30 lbs = 15 reps, 40 lbs = 10 reps, 50 lbs = 5 reps (I can build my way up to it as well)

Meal Plan:

- Breakfast: Healthy Cereals like Fiber One, Kashi, Cheerios, a bagel with cream cheese, or a granola bar

- Lunch/Dinner: Grilled chicken, chicken sandwiches, any other meat, mashed potatoes, fresh or frozen vegetables like broccoli and corn, soup that doesn't come in a can: (canned foods usually have more sodium), rice (stovetop), green apples, lettuce w/ chicken or any meat (which is my salad), healthy frozen dinners with low sodium

- Healthy Snacks: Nachos, Fritos, Cashews/Nuts, Crackers, Granola bars

I already drink water 99% of the time, I don't drink soda, but I do drink Gatorade and Powerade: I only get the ones with no sugar/calories or low sugar.

Overall, my main goal is to eat a healthy diet and to keep up on my daily physical activity level. I may cheat on my diet at times, but it's not a major concern for me. I also need to be more consistent with my plan.

Okay first off. I would do the elliptical and weights on two different days. If you are going to be doing any cardio beforehand, I would do about 5-10 minutes just to warm your body up. Literally a warm up. Break a tiny sweat then move on. Bodyweight fitness is a legit thing and if that's what you want to do that's all good, but if you are trying to train for strength, you will outgrow those bars very quickly in almost everything. The main thing is progressive overload. Stretching is best to do dynamic (moving) stretches beforehand and all you're really trying to do is get blood flowing through the muscles. If you are doing 10-20 minutes of stretching, you're wasting time. Do your static hold stretches post workout. Doing them pre-workout is often counter-productive and can overwork some muscles and actually lead to injuries. If you are trying to lose weight I wouldn't focus too much on x amount of calories. As you can see, doing that much cardio takes a lot of work just to add a couple hundred more calories. Fix your diet over adding more cardio.

Be careful with cereals. It looks like you are smart enough to know that most of them are packed full of sugar but even a lot of those processed grains are bad. Also, treat granola bars as chocolate. Unless they're those ones that taste like shit, then you know they might actually be healthy.

Most of those lunch/dinner options sound good. Focus not on staying clean 100% of the time but allow for moderation and eat healthy when you know you can. I focus on not eating shitty snacks if I know my body isn't craving them (a simple "no thank you" if someone offers me treats at work) so that I know when I have a craving I don't feel so bad.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

probably helps your folds, 10 balance, too

Reactions: RayP

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Okay first off. I would do the elliptical and weights on two different days. If you are going to be doing any cardio beforehand, I would do about 5-10 minutes just to warm your body up. Literally a warm up. Break a tiny sweat then move on. Bodyweight fitness is a legit thing and if that's what you want to do that's all good, but if you are trying to train for strength, you will outgrow those bars very quickly in almost everything. The main thing is progressive overload. Stretching is best to do dynamic (moving) stretches beforehand and all you're really trying to do is get blood flowing through the muscles. If you are doing 10-20 minutes of stretching, you're wasting time. Do your static hold stretches post workout. Doing them pre-workout is often counter-productive and can overwork some muscles and actually lead to injuries. If you are trying to lose weight I wouldn't focus too much on x amount of calories. As you can see, doing that much cardio takes a lot of work just to add a couple hundred more calories. Fix your diet over adding more cardio.

Be careful with cereals. It looks like you are smart enough to know that most of them are packed full of sugar but even a lot of those processed grains are bad. Also, treat granola bars as chocolate. Unless they're those ones that taste like ****, then you know they might actually be healthy.

Most of those lunch/dinner options sound good. Focus not on staying clean 100% of the time but allow for moderation and eat healthy when you know you can. I focus on not eating ****ty snacks if I know my body isn't craving them (a simple "no thank you" if someone offers me treats at work) so that I know when I have a craving I don't feel so bad.

TL;DR

steveayres35

Apr 27, 2018
Here's the way I view it:

Corn Chips (Nachos/Fritos) > Potato Chips

Fresh/Frozen Vegetables/Fruits > Canned Vegetables (More sodium)

Cashews, Nuts, & Granola bars > Candies & Chocolate

Overall, my main goal is to maintain a healthy weight, along with some physical activity. Maybe I'll lose some weight if I'm more consistent with exercising, but my body weight is average (I'm not fat, but I'm not skinny), so I'm not really worried about gaining weight. Now, if I start to gain weight, then I'll manage it before it's too late.

Furthermore, my cart attendant job helps me keep up on my daily physical activity. Going to the gym would provide some extra benefits as well. However, I can still eat what I want in moderation, but watching what I eat may help me more in the long run.

On an extra note, one of my friends eats McDonald's more often than I do, and he still has abs and muscles. I only eat their maybe 2-3 times a month depending on the situation.

Reactions: VickAshley

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Enjoy your life. Pay no attention to how the media tells you to live.

Gluttony/sloth is a sign of power and wealth.

Being skinny is a sign of malnutrition ... And, therefore, being a poor.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Bros. I eat this every day, sometimes twice a day, and for some reason I'm not losing any weight. Please advise.

34d61e9d-91aa-47da-abc0-60be6bcab6a4.jpg

darko

Feb 16, 2009
1. Stretch
2. Weights
3. Cardio

Also nachos are not healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad