The Athletic - Boston What could go wrong?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I used to feel that way but in recent years I find Toronto fans to be more delusional/annoying. You’d think they have 5 cups this decade with the way some of them are.

Others are more miserable and defeated and I appreciate those ones.
haha, I`ve long since become best friends with the ignore button if I encounter someone I can`t stand any longer and gawd knows I`m sure there are many who have put me on their ignore, and not just Leaf fans, many here I`m sure

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I was living on Long Island when Tavares signed with the Leafs. Now when I talk hockey with my friends from the Island we talk about one of 3 things: how the Isles are doing, how the Bruins are doing, and how much the Leafs suck.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That's my experience too. In person, the Leaf fans I've met were very gracious and their love for their team didn't override their good sense, which is a complete 180 from what I've seen here on this website.
A few years ago (when the Leafs were pretty bad) 4 Leaf fans showed up at the Garden with their Leaf jerseys on and bags over their heads. They wore the bags for the entire game (there were holes for their eyes). They were sitting near @Bam Bam Rubble 's seats.

:baghead:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A few years ago (when the Leafs were pretty bad) 4 Leaf fans showed up at the Garden with their Leaf jerseys on and bags over their heads. They wore the bags for the entire game (there were holes for their eyes). They were sitting near @Bam Bam Rubble 's seats.

:baghead:
They were in back of me and Wr shot the shit with them the entire game - they were all fun loving smart guys - they weren’t 4 drunk yahoos

I’m pretty sure my kid got their emails or address to see them if we went to Toronto

They grew up in households parents that witnessed those great 60’s teams so they were disgusted lol

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I appreciate that Toronto and Leafs fans are extremely passionate. Just as much, origam probably more so than Bruins fans. We both say and do over the top things because we love our teams. It’s great for the game and it makes hockey the most fun sport to watch. It’s that much more fun to beat them, that much more infuriating to lose to them.

Besides that, first reply in this thread sums it up nicely :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad