What changes are the Leafs going to do this summer?

What changes are the Leafs going to do this summer?

• Fire Keefe

Votes: 130 70.3%
  • Trade Marner

Votes: 95 51.4%
  • Strip the captaincy from Tavares

Votes: 33 17.8%
  • Roll with the same team but new coach

Votes: 46 24.9%
  • Roll with the same team and same coach

Votes: 20 10.8%
  • Convince Tavares to waive his NTC and trade him

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Fire Shanahan

Votes: 55 29.7%
  • Resign Domi and Bertuzzi

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • Resign Samsonov

Votes: 14 7.6%

• Total voters

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Looked at the playoff scoring stats and I'm sure that doesn't tell it all, but how did 3/4 fall off so much offensively? Wonder if a bigger shakeup is needed.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Rielly can’t be your only defeceman who can move the puck. For a team that’s known for offence threre is so little mobility on the back-end.

Reactions: Fatass

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Keefe and Shanny must go. And I'd strip JT of the C and I would absolutely liquidate Marner into other pieces. I really think the Leafs roster this playoffs had some strong elements that they can keep, but to run it back with the same core 4 is madness.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
So I voted for:

- Fire Keefe
- Roll with the same team but new coach

I considered fire Shanahan - and maybe they do, but I don't know how much on-ice results are necessarily influenced by his position. 50/50 on this one.

Trade Marner? No. They'd never get a good return

Strip Tavares of C? Again, no. That's always a bad idea. It's one thing if you trade him - but if you don't, you're basically telling him you dont believe in him and it's just shit for the locker room. It's not like captain has such an active role in a game that it's a difference maker anyways. Other leaders can step in without being official captain. ie - it would invite drama for no real positive outcome to strip the C off a player.

Trade Tavares? I mean - maybe. Depends on offers and such, might be tough.

Resign Domi and Bertuzzi? Possibly - I'll let Leaf fans comment on that one more.

Samsonov? No - I really didn't like his game in the playoffs. I'd let him go.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Convincing their goal-scorer supposedly better than Ovechkin that just because playoff goals don’t count towards his regular season total doesn’t mean that they don’t matter.

That Matthews scored 1 goal in this series after almost 70 in the regular season cannot be explained by coaching.
I’m no Leafs fan but just looking at him, he was definitely quite sick.

Not a “broken thumb/elbow” thing that you can fight through. He looked to me like he was gonna puke.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Keefe needs to go. Rielly needs to be banished from the power play for life and we need a goalie. Is that woll? Idk.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Keefe and Shanny gone for starters.
Sammy and Brodie walk
Resign Domi, Bertuzzi and Edmundson
Need a real D partner for Rielly
Need another good goalie

When it comes to Tavares and Marner it's one thing to say trade them but all the power in these situations are with the players. If they say I don't want to leave Toronto then that's what it is. This is the most intriguing part of the off season for the Leafs.

Now is the time we see what Tre is all about making changes to this team that fit his vision going forward. He inherited the Dubas team, has seen it all play out with adding guys on one year deals and now it's go time for him.

Last edited:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Leafs fail to provide enough offense in the playoffs AGAIN. MLSE convices the lemmings that the highest playoff scorer of their core players is the problem. I love it.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I’m no Leafs fan but just looking at him, he was definitely quite sick.

Not a “broken thumb/elbow” thing that you can fight through. He looked to me like he was gonna puke.
4 Points in 5 games isn't a bad playoff for him.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Marner should be traded but I can see him refusing without an extension.

Tavares I think you just stick it out

4 Points in 5 games isn't a bad playoff for him.

He scored over 100 in the regular season, it bad

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Everything will be pinned on goaltending and coaching. They’ll run it back with the same core and a mediocre goalie and be shocked when they fail yet again.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Fire Keefe and Shanny. Trade Marner/Tavares for futures. Force them to waive their NMC. I don't care if they bitch about it. That's the problem with this current management. We have bent over for these core players and they haven't done jack shit.

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
2-0 without Matthews in the playoffs

1714933630894.png

Reactions: Realgud

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
What they should do and what they are going to do may not be the same

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Keefe 99% gone. Shanahan 75% gone. Marner 35% gone. Likely they re-sign at least one of Domi and Bertuzzi, more likely Domi, would be fine if both are re-signed though

Tough to see any of the other happening. Don't see anything happening to Tavares with just a year left on his deal, no way Samsonov is back

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Keefe is as good as gone IMO
Shanahan too
And than they will roll with the same line-up, giving new contracts to Domi, Sansonov and Bertuzzi

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
They’re gonna fire Keefe and sign some shitty depth players.

I don’t think they have the balls to shake up the core.

Maybe if they lost in game 5, but the Leafs fight back to reach game 7 OT, they can blame it on Samsonov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad