Music: What are your favourite concerts?

L
  • kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
    Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto
    A
    Sloan puts on a great show! I've seen them a couple of times...

Edgefest 2001 with The Tea Party and then Tool closing out the show was pretty epic!

But my favorite concert experience was seeing The Beach Boys about 8 or 9 years ago
    Here's a story for you. My summer job through university was working in the steward's department of a very big ship that travelled between Michigan and Milwaukee hauling freight cars, automobiles and passengers. The ship was larger than the one that I would take to Europe some years later. It was about a six hour crossing The Beach Boys had played a concert at County Stadium in Milwaukee and opted for the waters of Lake Michigan over a much longer car ride through Wisconsin and Illinois to get to Michigan for their next concert. Once they got on board they all sat down on deck and gave an acapella concert of three tunes, (except for Surfin' USA, I've forgotten the other two tunes). They spent the night, barefoot, in a corner of the large indoor lounge area, shooting craps and drinking contraband booze from paper bags. At the time, pre-Pet Sounds, I thought they were lame as hell. :laugh: Brian Wilson would change all that, and I later saw them in concert a couple of times in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad