OT: What are you planning on doing (NO NHL) for the next couple of months?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Pookie, just got an email from the Golf club where I was a member last year (BC small town) saying, they'll be cleaning more, keeping sick employees away, etc, following and monitoring health guidance etc, but, so far, seems like they'll be opening. Selfishly on my part, golf is the main reason I return to Canada (from Korean) in the summers, or one of the main reasons for sure.

That’s encouraging.

I think it’s responsible for us to stay away from the clubhouse and lounge.

However, walking in nature seems like a reasonable activity.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
That’s encouraging.

I think it’s responsible for us to stay away from the clubhouse and lounge.

However, walking in nature seems like a reasonable activity.

Yes, I like golf a lot, (kind of a practice freak), and I also believe that it's much more than an expensive hobby for me, it really is about physical and mental health for me. And, i can't see or think of many sports or activities, even if there are groups of people on the course, that would offer as much space as social distancing requires. I'm a bit of a loner, very very often I'll play by myself, usually play in the pm, most members play cart golf in the mornings and are rush rush rush; that's totally not me. I guess for those types, social distancing could be a problem, but, I'm often on the course and there's no one within 3 or 4 holes of me, on weekdays. Also, heat's not a problem for me (having been in KOrea so long), so, while folks are complaining it's too hot, and running into the air con, I find it really really comfortable, plus our course has big trees (mountain course) for shade on pretty much every hole.
Oh, sorry, for the essay.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Yes, I like golf a lot, (kind of a practice freak), and I also believe that it's much more than an expensive hobby for me, it really is about physical and mental health for me. And, i can't see or think of many sports or activities, even if there are groups of people on the course, that would offer as much space as social distancing requires. I'm a bit of a loner, very very often I'll play by myself, usually play in the pm, most members play cart golf in the mornings and are rush rush rush; that's totally not me. I guess for those types, social distancing could be a problem, but, I'm often on the course and there's no one within 3 or 4 holes of me, on weekdays. Also, heat's not a problem for me (having been in KOrea so long), so, while folks are complaining it's too hot, and running into the air con, I find it really really comfortable, plus our course has big trees (mountain course) for shade on pretty much every hole.

All good with the essay.

I share your experience.

I struggle with mental health issues at times. For me, golf... especially those early morning, walk by yourself rounds... is a great opportunity to practice mindfulness and put cognitive techniques to work.

I’m not in it for the cigars and brandy.

Just the chance to unplug my worries and get plugged into life for 3 hrs or so.

There are some sports that really don’t pose a risk to society if you practice distancing and proper sanitary techniques.

Running. Cycling. Skiing (provided you aren’t sharing gondolas or chairlifts or hitting the chalet ). Swimming. Golf. Just my opinion of course, consult the experts.

Reactions: Cams

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
All good with the essay.

I share your experience.

I struggle with mental health issues at times. For me, golf... especially those early morning, walk by yourself rounds... is a great opportunity to practice mindfulness and put cognitive techniques to work.

I’m not in it for the cigars and brandy.

Just the chance to unplug my worries and get plugged into life for 3 hrs or so.

There are some sports that really don’t pose a risk to society if you practice distancing and proper sanitary techniques.

Running. Cycling. Skiing (provided you aren’t sharing gondolas or chairlifts or hitting the chalet ). Swimming. Golf. Just my opinion of course, consult the experts.

Skiing - miss it so much, actually lived in Gangnueng for 2 years, where the last winter Olympics were held, and had a season pass at YongPyun for 2 winters, yeah, missed skiing the last 2 winters.
Also, 'mindfulness', I'm into that as well.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I do this at least once a week, I find it an excellent way to practice and get a little exercise.
I like to go off 1st so I never have to wait and can hit as many shots as I like.
By myself I can walk a 7000 yard course in about 2 1/2 hours.

Still too cold here. Hopefully the courses will open once it warms up.

Reactions: Cams

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I do this at least once a week, I find it an excellent way to practice and get a little exercise.
I like to go off 1st so I never have to wait and can hit as many shots as I like.

Beauty, yeah, especially, early in the year, I like to hit, if there's no one around, 4 or 5 or 6 balls from 150 or 140 or 130 , wherever I end up, then, eventually, get to a point, where I realize, okay, too much practicing on the course, time to just play one ball and get back to the game, and scoring, cause, I love practice so much, I can get trapped into trying to improve on the course, instead of playing the game, but, both are okay.

Reactions: ACC1224

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
The Aussie rules season is going to tho ahead starting tomorrow night, if you can find a stream it’ll be as confusing as f*** but it’s competitive sport. Plus you can ask me here about the rules haha.

my team is playing the best team as the traditional season opener, typically the crowds are 80k-100k for these big matches but they are playing in front of no fans

carlton vs Richmond it’ll be 8pm Melbourne time so it’ll be about 5am here but might be able to find a replay somewhere. Occasionally TSN shows the AFL games too

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

End of April likely as usual. Last year really sucked. May and June were downright cold and wet. Help us get a decent spring this year please. For da love of Gad we all need it.

Reactions: Rogie

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Very similar to what I do. I love playing golf by myself with few people around me on the other holes. it's just me the course and nature. Great time to think and contemplate life.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
They're playing classic games on sportsnet every night. Right now it's toronto vs. Detroit in the 2017 centennial classic.

It's a way to get your hockey fix.

horner

May 22, 2007
They're playing classic games on sportsnet every night. Right now it's toronto vs. Detroit in the 2017 centennial classic.

Iam watching Pittsburgh vs Chicago Stanley Cup finals
Lemieux Jagr Hasek Chelios and JR

Watched Boston vs islander
Trottier Bossy Potvin Park Bourque

Want to see
Bobby Orr
Montreal vs Quebec games
Gilbert Perreault

Reactions: Ratboy

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan

Yeah, that just doesn't do it for me, sure wish it did, but thanks for the info for sure.

Reactions: Ratboy

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan

I don't know if there is really anything in life that is better for a person's health than simply walking. I really don't enjoy walking but cause I love all of things that I get caught up on on the golf course, the game, the shots, the strategies, the nature, just all of it, i hardly notice that i'm walking while I am out there, so, yeah .....

Wow, sounds like you are a good walker lol

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
The Aussie rules season is going to tho ahead starting tomorrow night, if you can find a stream it’ll be as confusing as f*** but it’s competitive sport. Plus you can ask me here about the rules haha.

my team is playing the best team as the traditional season opener, typically the crowds are 80k-100k for these big matches but they are playing in front of no fans

carlton vs Richmond it’ll be 8pm Melbourne time so it’ll be about 5am here but might be able to find a replay somewhere. Occasionally TSN shows the AFL games too

I think that is the sport, where when a goal is scored, the ref/guy with a suit and gloves and hat makes this crazy wonderful very quick chop down with both his arms/hands - I just thought that was cool.

Cynical

Aug 23, 2014
This virus is going to be around significantly until at least July and most likely into August, before another wave hits late this year. Humans are being forced to entertain themselves rather than pay for entertainment.

Right now working remotely, and enjoying being home everyday with the baby and wife.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?

in seoul? im down in gimhae and play (hockey)weekly in changwon and pusan.(but not now BC the links are closed BC of corona)

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think that is the sport, where when a goal is scored, the ref/guy with a suit and gloves and hat makes this crazy wonderful very quick chop down with both his arms/hands - I just thought that was cool.

hahah pretty much yes. His job is to judge if it’s a goal or not. 2 handed chop is a goal 1 handed chop is a point

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Try to teach my 10month daughter NHL 20. Ok no , we might start with "Titta" (look in Swedish) and then all the players name. I just hope diapers dont run out. Refuses to hoard. Dont got economy for that right now.

Play guitar and ukulele probably make some realy bad songs in realy bad english.

Write on my book.

Do some vector art.

Bake like crazy.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Ah, yes lover of golf as well. I'm supposed to be headed to a best ball charity tournament in June here: This course is in Canada, any guess where?
images

images

Small tournament, only 28 golfers, not sure if it will be cancelled or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad