What about 2 junior team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Canada could probably ice two competitive teams but I really doubt the Russians could do it. It won't happen either way.

Edit: I thought about it a little more and I think I might revise my position. In a good year Russia could ice two competitive teams but the same could be said about a number of other nations. Part of my proof would be the US at Lake Placid last summer. They were able to ice two teams that were not only competitive but sometimes dominant against the teams sent by Finland and Sweden, both of which were fairly close in composition to thier final rosters.

Last edited:

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
cagney said:
Canada could probably ice two competitive teams but I really doubt the Russians could do it. It won't happen either way.

Edit: I thought about it a little more and I think I might revise my position. In a good year Russia could ice two competitive teams but the same could be said about a number of other nations. Part of my proof would be the US at Lake Placid last summer. They were able to ice two teams that were not only competitive but sometimes dominant against the teams sent by Finland and Sweden, both of which were fairly close in composition to thier final rosters.

How about a Can/Am Team comprised of the best Canadien and American Players that did not make their Countries team.
A team of this nature could be very competitive.
Does anybody want to make a list of players who would be on a fantasy team as if they were going to play this year?

Last edited:

leafaholix*

FiveforFighting said:
How about a Can/Am Team comprised of the best Canadien and American Players that did not make their Countries team.
A team of this nature could be very competitive.
Anbody want to try to make a team list as if it were this year just for the hell of it?
It's an international tournament... not North America vs. The World.

FiveforFighting

Jan 31, 2003
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
It's an international tournament... not North America vs. The World.
Just having some fun and they wouldn't be the top players from the US AND Canada but it would give some more players a chance to show their talent and probably be pretty competitive.

leafaholix*

Canada has plenty of talented players to put up a second team... not sure about the US. If there were a NA team, it would probably consist of 15-19 Canadian players and a handful of Americans.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go pierre hedin said:
Canada has plenty of talented players to put up a second team... not sure about the US. If there were a NA team, it would probably consist of 15-19 Canadian players and a handful of Americans.

See cagney's reply above. At the Lake Placid challenge two U.S. teams fared quite well against the Swedish and Finnish national teams. That might not mean much to you, but it indicates to me the U.S. has decent depth, especially at forward.

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
See cagney's reply above. At the Lake Placid challenge two U.S. teams fared quite well against the Swedish and Finnish national teams. That might not mean much to you, but it indicates to me the U.S. has decent depth, especially at forward.
I'm sure they do... but nowhere near the depth Canada has.

That's why Canada holds a selection camp and the U.S. picks out the roster without one.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
One thing is sure, is that if two teams were form with us and canada players. citizen of both country will criticize the choice. That thread is an exemple. And even just in Canada between the three leagues, that's what happen each year after the player selection for the camp.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
go pierre hedin said:
I'm sure they do... but nowhere near the depth Canada has.

That's why Canada holds a selection camp and the U.S. picks out the roster without one.

Not true. The U.S. did hold an evaluation camp over the summer, and players that excelled at that camp were given the highest consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad