What 3 goal deficit? Habs win 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Eller is not a problem so far. He has 6 goals in 19 games which translate to 26 goals over 82 games. He has only 1 pass but i'll cover that later.

Yeah he is a lackluster top 6 winger. But mostly all teams even top contender have at least one of those.

The problem is the guys playing on the right side of this line. I think Semin, Flynn, DSP and Byron scored only 1 goal total while playing with AG and Eller. I remember the goal scored by Semin but i don't remember any other goal.

AG has 9 passes. Here's the 9 goals scored on his passes :

Eller x4
DD x2 (pp goals)
Weise (pp goal)
Semin (Eller got his pass on this goal)
Petry

1 goal by those RWers while playing on an offensive line ain't enough after 19 games. If those RWers would have scored 2 or 3 more goals and overall played better offensively Eller and AG would both have 2 or 3 more points and people would not criticize them much.

Eller and AG are doing fine. They are not great by any mean but they are both playing a position they rarely played at NHL level and their production is okay. MB and MT need to find a solution on the right side of this line. And i don't think the solution is with us right now. We need to trade or call up a kid.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Eller-Galchenyuk-McCarron

That line would be a possession monster down low. Something that would be really nice for this team since all the other lines are about speed and tenacity. This would throw a curve ball to the opposition trying to match up against the Canadiens.

I think this should happen soon. McCarron has passed the test in St. John's so far. Semin seems on the way out, and they only have 4th liners to fill that 2 RW role. Call the big man up, let's make it happen!

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
Eller is not a problem so far. He has 6 goals in 19 games which translate to 26 goals over 82 games. He has only 1 pass but i'll cover that later.

Yeah he is a lackluster top 6 winger. But mostly all teams even top contender have at least one of those.

The problem is the guys playing on the right side of this line. I think Semin, Flynn, DSP and Byron scored only 1 goal total while playing with AG and Eller. I remember the goal scored by Semin but i don't remember any other goal.

AG has 9 passes. Here's the 9 goals scored on his passes :

Eller x4
DD x2 (pp goals)
Weise (pp goal)
Semin (Eller got his pass on this goal)
Petry

1 goal by those RWers while playing on an offensive line ain't enough after 19 games. If those RWers would have scored 2 or 3 more goals and overall played better offensively Eller and AG would both have 2 or 3 more points and people would not criticize them much.

Eller and AG are doing fine. They are not great by any mean but they are both playing a position they rarely played at NHL level and their production is okay. MB and MT need to find a solution on the right side of this line. And i don't think the solution is with us right now. We need to trade or call up a kid.

LaP I swear I'm gonna hate on you soon :sarcasm: . Everytime I want to make a point in a thread, you have written it just prior. When I come into threads and I see you just posted, I'll just QFT each time, instead of repeating you.

To give substance:
Ghetto time IMO (Hudon/MacAttack need some more time, Thomas won't work on a top 6 for sure, and Holloway I didn't see much of, so I'll refrain from saying anything).

Also, can we trade for Boedker already? :(

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Eller-Galchenyuk-McCarron

That line would be a possession monster down low. Something that would be really nice for this team since all the other lines are about speed and tenacity. This would throw a curve ball to the opposition trying to match up against the Canadiens.

I think this should happen soon. McCarron has passed the test in St. John's so far. Semin seems on the way out, and they only have 4th liners to fill that 2 RW role. Call the big man up, let's make it happen!

I think they could use a shooter like Thomas. I would let McCarron continue in the AHL. No need to rush him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
McCarron is not a good winger... Way better centerman.

I wouldn't say that, but it makes more sense to develop him as a center for now. If the Semin experiment is over, its worth seeing what a guy like Holloway looks like at the NHL level. Hudon may also be worth a try as well.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Heck, even the 'Eller is a Playoffs beast' narrative is getting a little old.

Last Playoffs he wasn't even good. He has 4 more points over DD in the same amount of games. And people **** on DD.

The first 7 games of Eller in the playoffs were as a 4th line center.

BTW it's 5 more points in 1 less game played. It translate to 12 more points over 82 games. That's not a small difference considering the usage and linemates of both prior to this season.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
The first 7 games of Eller in the playoffs were as a 4th line center.

BTW it's 5 more points in 1 less game played. It translate to 12 more points over 82 games. That's not a small difference considering the usage and linemates of both prior to this season.

Ok, so that makes Eller a Playoffs beast how again ? Oh he's better than DD in the Playoffs, okay, granted.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Ok, so that makes Eller a Playoffs beast how again ? Oh he's better than DD in the Playoffs, okay, granted.

Where did i say it makes Eller a playoffs beast?

He has been better then DD in the playoffs so far. I think anyone watching the game knows that. Will it be different this year now that DD has less responsibilities? Maybe so far DD looks better than the previous 2 years imo.

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
A little concerned with Condon, glad he was able to shut the door when it mattered most and it was certainly much better then last game but if Price isn't back for another week or so, he needs to be sharper.

well MT doesn't like defensive mistakes and Beaulieu was in lala land on the 1st goal. Glad to see him chip in some offense, at least he's been picking up some assists. Now has 4 pts in his last 8 games so hopefully his offensive game continues cause we need some others besides Subban/Markov on the blueline to produce.

Wasn't it Petry who gave it away?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I wouldn't say that, but it makes more sense to develop him as a center for now. If the Semin experiment is over, its worth seeing what a guy like Holloway looks like at the NHL level. Hudon may also be worth a try as well.

Once they deem the Semin experiment done, I would try Holloway first, he's torn it up so far and he is older, McCarron I would let him grow in the AHL, I'm sure he'll have some down times, it's all part of development.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The first period last night was probably the worst period of hockey I've seen Petry play since he's been a Hab. He was brutal in that first period but he picked it up and looked much better has the game went on.

He had a bad play in the Colorado game also. Must miss Emelin...

Nynja*

Heck, even the 'Eller is a Playoffs beast' narrative is getting a little old.

Last Playoffs he wasn't even good. He has 4 more points over DD in the same amount of games. And people **** on DD.

Yes, were back to "points are all that matter"...or am i paraphrasing again?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Yes, were back to "points are all that matter"...or am i paraphrasing again?

It seems points are all that matter to some of the stat watchers here. These people never seem to take in account other things like who the line-mates are they're playing with and things like offensive opportunities, TOI and PP TOI.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think they could use a shooter like Thomas. I would let McCarron continue in the AHL. No need to rush him.

He wouldn't be rushed. He'd be getting his feet wet. There's no better time to get him in the lineup than when the team is winning and scoring goals early in the season.

Then send him back down after 2 games unless he tears it up. This is for the long term. Habs need a 6'6 beast of a forward for next years playoffs. The sooner you get him in the lineup, the more comfortable you get with putting him in the post season. The more he plays in the playoffs this year, the better he'll be next year.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
He wouldn't be rushed. He'd be getting his feet wet. There's no better time to get him in the lineup than when the team is winning and scoring goals early in the season.

Then send him back down after 2 games unless he tears it up.

Seriously. Whoever else we have in that RW spot with Galchenyuk won't be producing anyways if it's one of DSP/Semin/Flynn. So if McCarron doesn't produce it won't effect the team in winning or losing. We are winning despite of that hole.

If he does click though and turns out to be able to produce, well then we are that much stronger. It'd be a good idea to give it a shot I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad