WFAN to hold funeral for NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
IN MEMORY OF HOCKEY

In response to the many listener's calls ranging from outrage at the players and the league, to sadness at the loss of their favorite sport we will hold vigil for the FANs to mark the demise of the hockey season. WFAN will conduct a memorial service tomorrow in hopes of providing some light-hearted relief.

The "memorial procession," led by a hearse carrying WFAN's Joe Benigno and Sid Rosenberg, will depart at 1pm from the WFAN studios and end at Ben Benson's Steakhouse, 123 W. 52nd St. (between 6th and 7th) in Manhattan. All fans are welcome to attend the ceremony to share their grief over the untimely death of their sport. This ceremony will be open casket and FANs are encouraged to bring their hockey memorabilia and or unused game tickets and officially bury the season. WFAN radio personalities will deliver eulogies in memoriam of the game, and a giant sympathy card will be available for fans to sign.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Injektilo said:
The NHL is dead
Long live Hockey.

Hockey is alive and well thank you.

DONT GO TO THIS STUPID THING...IT'S JUST GOING TO MAKE THE NHL WORSE AND CONVINCE PEOPLE TO STOP CARING...THE FAN IS DOING THIS FOR PUBLICITY AND SHOULD BE STOPPED

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
nyrmessier011 said:
DONT GO TO THIS STUPID THING...IT'S JUST GOING TO MAKE THE NHL WORSE AND CONVINCE PEOPLE TO STOP CARING...THE FAN IS DOING THIS FOR PUBLICITY AND SHOULD BE STOPPED

They are making a valid point that this labor dispute has killed the game we love and it won't ever come back the way we knew it!

Munchausen

Chayos1 said:
They are making a valid point that this labor dispute has killed the game we love and it won't ever come back the way we knew it!

Be philosophical about it. Sometimes change isn't a bad thing. If this whole mess has the league come out of its complancency and change the on-ice product for the better, I'm willing to wait, and ultimately come back. I'm sure others feel the same way.

NYIsles1*

Ironic they are holding a funeral for something they have covered 10x more without games then they ever would have if games were being played now. Most of the WFAN people could not name five players on the three local teams...

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
NYIsles1 said:
Ironic they are holding a funeral for something they have covered 10x more without games then they ever would have if games were being played now. Most of the WFAN people could not name five players on the three local teams...

I was listening to someone take calls on WFAN last Saturday night. Whoever the host was, he thought there were 28 teams in the NHL.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
I think WFAN needs to worry about having a trial to find who killed the NHL before they get to any funeral.

I'd love to hear NHLPA litigation on the case... my god it'd be a riot!

PredsFan77*

nyrmessier011 said:

Inside voice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad