Western Playoff race

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
With 6 games to go, there are 6 teams fighting for the last 3 playoff-spots. From Colorado at 6th to Phoenix at 11th there's only a 10 point difference. Here's a look at what the teams have left on their schedules.

Calgary(40-31-5-2) 74 games played 87 points - trend 7-2-1
Teams in the Playoffs: SJ, ANA
Teams outside the Playoffs: MINx2, LA
Teams in the playoff race: BOS

Vancouver(38-35-4-4) 77 games played 84 points - trend 5-4-1
Teams in the Playoffs:
Teams outside the Playoffs: MINx2, NYI, ATL,
Teams in the playoff race: OTT

Columbus(34-32-11-5) 77 games played 84 points - trend 5-2-3
Teams in the Playoffs: STLx2, SJ
Teams outside the Playoffs: MTL, NYI
Teams in the playoff race:

Edmonton(36-34-8-3) 78 games played 83 points - trend 6-4-0
Teams in the Playoffs: NJ, STL
Teams outside the Playoffs: NSH
Teams in the playoff race: BUF

---------------------------
Final standings prediction: (The calculation on the final points are based on wins against teams outside the playoffs, losses against the playoff teams and ties against the teams in the playoff race.)

Team: Current points Final points
Calgary - 86 - 94
Vancouver - 84 - 93
-----------------------------
Columbus - 84 - 88
Edmonton - 83 - 86

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Columbus(29-30-8-5) 67 games played 71 points - trend 3-7-0
Teams in the Playoffs: STLx4, DET, SJ

'nuff said: with a schedule like that, the Jackets wil NOT be making the payoffs this year!

---------------------------
Final standings prediction: (The calculation on the final points are based on wins against teams outside the playoffs, losses against the playoff teams and ties against the teams in the playoff race.)

Team: Current points Final points

Calgary - 76 - 90
-----------------------------
Columbus - 72 - 88

Interesting approach, Ville - I like it. Might as well call me the Leafs: come away with the wrost possible draft pick while failing to make the playoffs. :banghead:

HFNHL Red Wings

Come on Douglas, I need you to at least split those 4 games w/ the Blues ... and lose to me of course ;)

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I'm thinking my coach, Claude Julien, will get Lamoreillo-ed, if we're in rough shape going into game #80.

I've never made the playoffs as a GM, and I've had years where my fourth line now would have looked like my first line. Better make it this time. :P

Default101

dispite a 20-4-1 run in the last 25 games Phoenix is expected to fall off the bus as it picks up steam towards the end of the season, but i think considering i wasn't expected to make the playoffs losing my last 14 games of the season would still be considered a collective success for the season, i'm goin for the playoffs and really got nothing to lose now

Toronto_AGM_Adil

Apr 9, 2006
I'm just glade that the Leafs are in the East... otherwise we'd probably be barely making the play-offs as well :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad