Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Playoffs are a different animal. You can expect player like Hughes and Pettersson struggle mightily. And no 2020 bubble against rusty opponents doesn't count.
Maybe against a team with playoff pedigree/success, Nashville isn’t one of them

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
As a Nashville fan I don't like this matchup, but then again there weren't any good options in the West this year. We struggled in the season matchups as Vancouver matched or exceeded our team speed, and the Garland line was problematic. Saros has been pedestrian at best lately, so unless he eats his Wheaties then I can't see this going past six games. Some Nashville fans will be upset saying it was dumb to have a season like this with a bunch of vets, but I am just enjoying that fact that we still get to watch hockey for at least another couple weeks and anything can happen.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
That’s why Trotz signed ROR and Schenn and kept McDonagh. Josi, Sissons and Forsberg also did have a lot of success in 2017-2018 when they won the West and played 6 games in the finals.
I by no means think Nashville is going to be an “easy out”, It’s just people are overstating this whole playoffs are a different beast angle for this series.

Nashville is a good team this year but they don’t play a heavy physical game like LA does, the notion that they are going to physically dominate Hughes/Pettersson is about as silly as saying the Canucks will sleep walk through the series.

These two teams are going into a series on a fairly even playing field.

Based on potential opponents Nashville IS the easiest that Vancouver could have drawn, but that works both ways. Vancouver is also the best opponent that Nashville could have drawn.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I by no means think Nashville is going to be an “easy out”, It’s just people are overstating this whole playoffs are a different beast angle for this series.

Nashville is a good team this year but they don’t play a heavy physical game like LA does, the notion that they are going to physically dominate Hughes/Pettersson is about as silly as saying the Canucks will sleep walk through the series.

These two teams are going into a series on a fairly even playing field.
I think Nashville is more physical, I think Vancouver is faster. Nashville is probably more aggressive, which could be a problem for Nashville.

I don't think Nashville wins. I just don't know if we're there yet with talent. If we don't win though, it won't be because we lacked players with playoff success or experience, we have as much as that as anyone.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think Nashville is more physical, I think Vancouver is faster. Nashville is probably more aggressive, which could be a problem for Nashville.

I don't think Nashville wins. I just don't know if we're there yet with talent. If we don't win though, it won't be because we lacked players with playoff success or experience, we have as much as that as anyone.
Agreed

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Nashville is a good team, a lot of their top players in Forsberg, Josi, Mcdonagh, ROR have strong playoff resume.

I think their depth (lack of) up front is what really separates these team - their top line really carried them.

Canucks have flaws too.

While our top pairing with Hughes can transition and dance with the puck, the second they are caught deep in the D zone they can struggle. Thats a key to the series, most canucks offense runs through Hughes.

We also have some mistaken prone DMan like Myers/Zadorov and inexperienced forwards up front.

On balance the canucks have the edge. but wouldn't surprise me if either team wins.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site

A lot of that physicality comes from Schenn, Lauzon, McCaron, Smith. Nashville from the games I watched are quite a clean team.

I think the canucks will hit a lot, we have some big monsters on the backend. And most inexperienced playoffs teams usually gets too excited and hit more than they should.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
A lot of that physicality comes from Schenn, Lauzon, McCaron, Smith. Nashville from the games I watched are quite a clean team.

I think the canucks will hit a lot, we have some big monsters on the backend. And most inexperienced playoffs teams usually gets too excited and hit more than they should.
I would for sure add Jankowski and Sherwood to that. I'd also say that Forsberg and McDonagh can throw some weight around as well.

I'm anxious to see how/if Stastney plays. The kid can skate, and seems really defensively responsible.

I worry about Novak and Evangelista a lot. I worry that Lauzon tries to be too physical.

I worry about Saros big game ability. When he's on, he's fantastic but when he's not...

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I would for sure add Jankowski and Sherwood to that. I'd also say that Forsberg and McDonagh can throw some weight around as well.

I'm anxious to see how/if Stastney plays. The kid can skate, and seems really defensively responsible.

I worry about Novak and Evangelista a lot. I worry that Lauzon tries to be too physical.

I worry about Saros big game ability. When he's on, he's fantastic but when he's not...
I forgot that mark jankowski plays for the preds. Glad he’s been able to have a career

horner

May 22, 2007
I watched Nashville play against Winnipeg and they gave the Jets no room to move .
They were getting there offense of Winnipeg turnovers.
This is going to come Demko and Saros in a 7 game series
Iam taking Nashville because of there Stanley Cup experience.

This is going to be a really good series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad