hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013

coach_q_smile_troll.png

Projected Lineups:

:hawks

Versteeg - Scott - Morin
Brunette - Handzus - Pisani
K. Hayes - Pirri - J. Hayes
Bollig - Nordstrom - Brookbank (playing forward)

Campoli - Rozsival (regular season)
Training camp invite Barker - Erixon
Wisniewski - Jamie Kompon

Huet

:ducks

Perry - Perry - Perry
Perry - Perry - Perry
Perry - Perry - Perry
Perry - Perry - Perry

Perry - Perry
Perry - Perry
Perry - Perry

Anderson

============

tumblr_no1i04z4AA1qd3gyco1_500.gif

LET'S GO HAWKS!

tumblr_ngjexeHjcl1qch5rvo5_500.gif

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Think the Blackhawks head back to Anaheim down 3-1, unfortunately.

Mascht88

May 14, 2010
Salzburg
Teravainen and Vermette will be back in the lineup and all of a sudden Hawks will play a great 60 minutes.

5-2 good guys

Hossa
Bickell
Kane
Keith
Toews

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Not a must win, although I'm sure most would be conceding defeat if they lose this one. 3-1 deficits are not insurmountable.

Kathryn Tappen

yeah whatever ****
Jun 17, 2013
Just win. I'd hate to lose both games at home.

People thought we were dead after detroit took a 3-1 lead we forced a game 7
People thought we were dead after LA took a 3-1 lead we forced a game 7
Boston took a 2-1 lead in the cup final
St. Louis took a 2-0 lead in the first round last year

gives me hope. I think like LA, Chicago has to be one of those teams that plays well when their backs are towards the wall.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Just win. I'd hate to lose both games at home.

gives me hope.

Not sure why the Kings series gives you hope. Reality is Hawks dug themselves too deep a hole and then on top of it blew game 7 (So many blown leads)

This years roster is deeply flawed and hasn't shown any ability to replicate dramatics of Boston/Det/Stl series especially not against this Ducks team that has outplayed them thus far in series

Tonight is a must win

BobbleHeadNight*

Not sure why the Kings series gives you hope. Reality is Hawks dug themselves too deep a hole and then on top of it blew game 7 (So many blown leads)

This years roster is deeply flawed and hasn't shown any ability to replicate dramatics of Boston/Det/Stl series especially not against this Ducks team that has outplayed them thus far in series

Tonight is a must win

They didn't show many signs against Detroit, either. That's the point. Detroit had their way with the Hawks for three of four games.

But 3-1 would be a huge hole, especially since Ducks have home ice, so yeah, this is as close to a "must win" as you can get in a non-elimination game.

A win tonight and the entire series changes complexion. It did in Tampa last night, where the storyline was Triplets and overrated goaltender going in.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They didn't show many signs against Detroit, either. That's the point. Detroit had their way with the Hawks for three of four games.

But 3-1 would be a huge hole, especially since Ducks have home ice, so yeah, this is as close to a "must win" as you can get in a non-elimination game.

A win tonight and the entire series changes complexion. It did in Tampa last night, where the storyline was Triplets and overrated goaltender going in.

Ducks team is far superior to that Wing team and as you said the Ducks have home ice

Also 2013 team was a much better squad then this years Hawks

BobbleHeadNight*

Ducks team is far superior to that Wing team and as you said the Ducks have home ice

I don't disagree with either point. When the playoffs started, I didn't expect this Hawks team to do much. Now that we're within reach, I'm getting greedy. :laugh:

That said, we're going to win tonight. I can feel it. Series have a way of evolving, and this one ain't even half over yet.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

Yep, there is no way we come back from 3-1 on this Ducks team having to win 2 games in their building.Must win tonight.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Come on, Kayes would be sitting in the press box. Swap Regin on the third line.

Go Hawks!! We need this one.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hawks are going to destroy them in this game. Not sure why but it looks like it's time that Toews steps it up.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Teravainen and Vermette will be back in the lineup and all of a sudden Hawks will play a great 60 minutes.

I hope the above is fact. The obvious explanation from Q will be that both TT and Vermy will now be well rested. I assume that Q will resume with the same line combinations from game 2 (but he may over-think that as well).... but if so:

The question is, now that the winning team is back together can they resume where they were physically and emotionally after game 2? It won't be easy.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Is there confirmation that game 2's roster is back? Because I'm highly doubting that. Q will leave Versteeg in, though Vermette may make it back in.

BobbleHeadNight*

If that happens, it will be the first game in the playoffs where the Hawks played a great 60 minutes.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Just win. Hawks even this series up tonight guaranteed. Q will make his usual adjustments that he makes at this point in the series and the Hawks will all of a sudden play the way they should. I won't be able to watch another game until Wednesday unfortunately. I expect to see us closing this series out that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad