western conf playoffs battle

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
tough battle in the western conference ongoing for the last playoffs spots

Oilers 78g - 91 points
Flames 78g - 90 points
Sharks 78g - 90 points

Sharks just lost to flames in penalty shots 7-6, but were very close on winning this very important game. Flames scored in last period last second and took game to overtime.

DAMN IT!

last games will be interesting as teams will first play against western conference top teams and then also play against each others.

Ducks vs Flames
Flames vs Ducks
Flames vs Kings
Flames vs Sharks

Sharks vs Canucks
Canucks vs Sharks
Oilers vs Sharks
Flames vs Sharks

Oilers vs Kings
Oilers vs Sharks
Oilers vs Canucks
Canucks vs Oilers

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
And there were three games left, Flames squeak out another OT/SO win. It's gonna come down to that last game Pasi. It'll be a heartbreaker.

And this is just one of TWO separate battles in the West. The 4 teams vying for 3rd in the Central is an epic fight as well, with only one of those teams making the playoffs as they're too far behind the 3 teams battling for the wildcards.

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
Game 82 pending and still nothing finalized in a few Western play-offs.

Amazing that the last the game for the final wildcard spot is in fact a one game play-off between the Sharks and Flames.

I'm not even sure, if the Sharks win in regulation, what the tie breaker in the sim is after ROW (would be tied in a ROW win scenario for SJS over CGY).

Meanwhile if the Flames win, or at least get a OT loss point, it could even equate to them taking seventh since as in those scenarios the Oilers would need 1-2 points in the final night given a tie breaker goes to the Flames based on ROW.

Finally, as Matt pointed out already, there's still the battle for the 3rd spot in the Central. There's the Jets and Preds tied with 89 points and the Stars still mathematically alive for that 3rd central spot with 88 points.

So many play-off implications and we'll all hope to escape without any new injuries in the final games.

Last edited:

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I think, technically, the Flames have clinched. Even if the Sharks win game 82 in regulation, and therefore are tied in points and ROW, the next tie breaker is head to head, which the Flames lead 4-1, thanks to 3 shoot-out wins. That's how close it is.

PasiK

Jun 11, 2007
Paimio, Finland
congrats to the playoffs teams!

Sharks did their best, but it was not enough this season.

And I already know what was my team problem

- 13 shootout losts, most in the league
- only 5 shootout wins
- Zero wins in OT
- 3 lost in OT

If i would have won couple games in OT or some more in shootouts, i would have made it :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad