Post-Game Talk: West Side Story

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Igor needs a reset. He needs to work with Allaire a bit and reset himself. His positioning is off, he's having trouble tracking pucks at times and he's getting beat clean on clear sight shots far too often. He simply has not been good enough the past couple months, especially since the All-Star break. I feel like he's not there mental either. He gives up a goal and then struggles in the minutes after. He really hasn't had a solid 60 minute game in too long.

He has 8 weeks to get his game together in time for the playoffs and if he doesn't we're out in round 1, simple as that. We don't need him to be otherworldly, he just needs to be good always and great occasionally. I know he feels more comfortable when he faces more work but the team this year is not giving up as many shots so he really needs to get to a place where he can make tough saves after not seeing any rubber for a few minutes of game time.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Look, when a goalie is on their game, you have to take away their eyes. He saw every single shot. Every single one. That's on the forwards not willing to pay the price. We got outplayoffed tonight. Not just outgoalied.

As for Shesty, look he will never make excuses. I get the whole he had a baby thing and he's not sleeping that well. But to me, he's lacking explosiveness. He's not getting anywhere near the same push off as we've seen. He's not getting back to his feet with the same ease. He's 100% fighting off a really annoying groin injury or something like it. I have no idea. But I know he's fighting something beyond the puck right now. It's a problem. He's going to have to fight through it. But it's a problem.

Tarasenko -- when he's in space and has the puck he can make things happen. But the coasting is insane. I hope he doesn't coast in the playoffs. But it's very frustrating watch everyone else bust their asses and he's just floating out there.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Again, Igor gave up some bad goals but haven't seen many comments about how freaking soft they played on defense. And too many forwards are guilty of sprinting up the ice before the puck is cleared.
They gave up 21 SOG and played most of the game in the Qzone. Teams are going to get some chances and the goalie needs to make some stops.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Being on the losing end of a 45-15 shot advantage for the first time in years and I’m sure we’ll hear nothing but negativity. If hellebyuck didn’t play we’d be sweeping the jets guts off the LIRR platform. Even the “bad” goals against Igor were after we couldn’t get one by their guy.

No one wants to hear this but the Kid line was so soft tonight in all 3 zones. Time to grow up fellas.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Again, Igor gave up some bad goals but haven't seen many comments about how freaking soft they played on defense. And too many forwards are guilty of sprinting up the ice before the puck is cleared.
21 shots

Reactions: romba

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Hellebuych is a giant who takes up so much area of the net.
I know we have some giants of our own who hopefully will be in net for us in the future so this is not sour grapes but about 5 years or so ago the NHL was thinking of addressing this issue. The thought was that when the professional hockey league was formed the average North American adult male was 5’9” or 5’10 and the net was basically the same size that it is today. The idea was to ratio up the net size to compensate for the height of today’s adult male.
The reason why it was finally rejected was not because it was a bad idea but because it would cost too much to change all the anchor system for nets in rinks worldwide.
When I look at Hellebucyh and goalies his size standing in front of the net, it looks like a gag in a comedy movie.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Hellebuych is a giant who takes up so much area of the net.
I know we have some giants of our own who hopefully will be in net for us in the future so this is not sour grapes but about 5 years or so ago the NHL was thinking of addressing this issue. The thought was that when the professional hockey league was formed the average North American adult male was 5’9” or 5’10 and the net was basically the same size that it is today. The idea was to ratio up the net size to compensate for the height of today’s adult male.
The reason why it was finally rejected was not because it was a bad idea but because it would cost too much to change all the anchor system for nets in rinks worldwide.
When I look at Hellebucyh and goalies his size standing in front of the net, it looks like a gag in a comedy movie.
We answer with Hugo Ollas

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
How do you solve a problem like Hellebuyck

Helly gets solved in game 2. It’s why the jets have never sniffed a championship despite having a top 5 goalie

The D was fine. The forwards were jogging back, and playing patty cake in the neutral zone. that was the issue

NYROrtsFan

Feb 1, 2007
Not even remotely concerned with this game. We outplayed them big time. Need a bit more physicality on the team tho. Hoping that 4th line center is a hitter. Hitting matters, especially in the playoffs

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
No one wants to hear this but the Kid line was so soft tonight in all 3 zones. Time to grow up fellas.
They've been riding Chytil's elevated shooting percentage and that's now coming to an end. The kid line is dumb. We're the only team in the league where our young players can't play with our veterans and vice versa.

Those three need to learn how to play with veterans without sh***** their pants and the veterans need to learn to play with them without treating them like they have cooties.

The whole concept of having an untouchable "kid line" is absurd and anyone that supports it is equally absurd.

Kreider/Zibanejad/Kakko was literally one of the best lines in the NHL. If that line somehow was not untouchable then the kid line shouldn't be either.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad