Wescott suspended 4 games

SensGod

Feb 27, 2002
Scotia Bank Place
Visit site
Dallas Stars defenceman Duvie Wescott suspended 4 games
Associated Press
February 21, 2007 12:55:00 PM

Dallas, Texas. (AP) - Duvie Wescott of the Dallas Stars has been suspended for 4 games for what the HFNHL calls "playing too much agressive hockey".

Duvie Wescott has been suspended for 4 games by the HFNHL this morning for racking up 22 penalty minutes last night against the Atlanta Thrashers in the Stars 3-2 victory.

The incident happend early in the 3rd period last night when Wescott got into his second fight of the night against Chris Gratton of the Atlanta Thrashers.

After the suspension was handed down by the HFNHL, Dallas Stars GM Laurens was quoted saying, "WHAT THE **** IS THIS ALL ABOUT? You can't stick up for your team in this ***** assed league anymore? They were running Kipper all night long and we have a guy who steps up and sticks up for his teammate and get's suspended for 4 games? Jesus ****ing Christ! What is this league coming too?"

When asked if Wescott's over agressiveness is going to get Wescott traded, Thie responded with, "He just became my most untradeable asset. I'm putting him on a line with Ott, Neil, Kasparitis and McGrattan in the next game. I'll show you "over agressive hockey"...you ain't seen anything yet boys!. I don't want a bunch of wimps on my team. We're gunning for the top of the West this year, and we need to have some cojones to get there this year. We're not the most talented team in the HFNHL, but we've got balls and a desire to fight...and that's what wins championships."

It's becoming obvious that the HFNHL isn't going to endorse rough play this year, and this suspension is a move in the right direction with these types of anitquated thinking GM's.

HFNHL Red Wings

Yes, so you'll just have to get used to being cramped and sharing your popcorn.

Sorry - a very small joke for the grammer geeks out there.

Guess I'm not one of them. I don't get the joke. :phew:

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006
I guess my Adam Mair, Jody Shelly, Andre Roy fourth line took one too many liberties. Guess when your team is compromised mostly of goons people can get frustrated. At least they are able to get under other teams skin and get injuries and suspensions.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
LOL...speaking of bad teams loaded up with goons...anyone remember Dion's teams of 2-3 years ago that I'd say easily had the record for most goons? how did you go that year Dion? :help:

Depends what you mean Josh... In terms of the standings... well i was somewhere near the cellar :D

In terms of penalties... I was high but not league high.. that was the amazing thing... NO SUSPENSION... which was pissing me off... you would think having guys like Marchment, Otto, Peters, O'Donnell, Shelley would at least get suspended... that was the ironic thing, they didn't... I will admit.. I did have one of the best defensive coaches in the business at the time in Paul maurice... his discipline was high.. :)... Its good to get away with murder, night in night out... Lets see if I can do it again.. the all goon team while staying above 70OV... I already have the goon Goalie in Rick D. :P Tucker would definitely be high on the list... *Dreaming* hehehe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad