Online Series: Werewolf By Night

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well this is unexpected I don't remember hearing about this one before. I love the characters name Jack Russel, yes like the dog breed lol.

Links to Moon Knight with this character in the comics and to Spider-Woman among others. Also Dracula and vampires...Blade anyone?

Wonder if it's a one of "TV movie" or a show.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens

I have this Record/book set from Power Records. I must've listened to this 1,000 times as a kid. It scared the hell out of me (i was around 5) but it never stopped me from continually playing it. Its still kinda creepy.
I have another, Spider-Man "Mark of the Man Wolf", which was equally sombre/terrifying for a child.
I still have both of them :)

PepperKeenan

Sep 22, 2012
Sweden
Looks camptastic, lol!

Man-Thing and Elsa Bloodstone in this as well is exciting. Wonder if we'll get a Blade post credits scene. Also, this is a Halloween special so likely an hourish run time. I hope Elsa will be a red-head whenever she's in a "color project".

Say Hey Kid

Baby, you can drive Makar
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I started reading Marvel in 69 and am looking forward to this. It will be much better than the new Halloween 1 Million. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jussi

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Ya I have been hearing for the media types that get an early viewing there has been lots of praise which is nice.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
loved this, refreshingly different.

only 1 very minor gripe with it, but the choice they made makes sense with the B&W format and it can easily be changed in the future if the characters appearances from now on will generally be in colour

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Lots of fun and a great tribute to the old horror movies in the black and white days of movies. Like the cigarette burns every now and then which were used by the projectionist to know when it was almost time to change the reel.

Seeing Man-Thing on screen was also damn cool.

What is Ted, he looks like Cthulu
He is Man-Thing a human mutate, another situation of someone trying to recreate the super-soldier serum and Dr. Theodore "Ted" Sallis used it and via the serum and mystical means he merged with the Florida Everglades and become Man-Thing.

He could be more important than we know if the MCU decides to go that way...in the comics he guards the nexus to all realities and with the way the MCU has been exploring that...maybe not the last time we see him.

1665227390239.png

Reactions: Jack Straw

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
This was pretty neat...hope marvel does more stuff like this

The...what ill call "daredevil-esque" fight scene was incredible.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
This was fun. Yet another testament to good things happening when they let the creative folks loose and don't force them to be cogs on a continuity machine.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
I had no idea this was a series, I am looking forward to it. I am currently reading the recently released Marvel Masterwork Werewolf By Night volume 1 which has the first twelve issues or so, so I am in the mood for this.

It cracks me up his alter egos name is Jack Russell, a dog breed. They claim that is pure accident and were not aware of the breed.

Also cracks me up the writer for marvel's Tomb Of Dracula was named Marv Wolfman.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I had no idea this was a series, I am looking forward to it. I am currently reading the recently released Marvel Masterwork Werewolf By Night volume 1 which has the first twelve issues or so, so I am in the mood for this.

It cracks me up his alter egos name is Jack Russell, a dog breed. They claim that is pure accident and were not aware of the breed.

Also cracks me up the writer for marvel's Tomb Of Dracula was named Marv Wolfman.
Not a series that I am aware it was a one-off on the shorter side movie that was I think 55 minutes. Supposed they want to do more of these "specials" in the future

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
For a comic series I had no clue about, I enjoyed it. The black and white really fit. Will be interesting to see where they go with some of these characters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad