GDT: We're Here: Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers, 7 PM, ESPN+/Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

giphy.gif

After a long, long offseason, we have made it!

always-sunny-in-philadelphia-meme.gif

We are all a bit on edge after all of this time, but I think we need to be confident in our boys and the work they did this offseason!

1zGy.gif

And don't fear about Nico either. Much like Poppins, he always comes back!

EC6hQh8UYAYH6nH.jpg

It's a new year ladies and gents! Now let's take out the trash in Philly!

giphy.gif

Your New Jersey Devils Projected Lineup:

#17 Yegor Sharangovich - #13 Nico Hischier (C) - #63 Jesper Bratt
#18 Ondrej Palat - #86 Jack Hughes (A) - #91 Dawson Mercer
#90 Tomas Tatar - #56 Erik Haula - #10 Alexander Holtz
#44 Miles Wood (A) - #20 Michael McLeod - #14 Nathan Bastian
Ex: #11 Andreas Johnsson, #49 Fabian Zetterlund, #70 Jesper Boqvist

#71 Jonas Siegenthaler - #7 Dougie Hamilton
#33 Ryan Graves - #28 Damon Severson
#2 Brendan Smith - #6 John Marino
Ex: #88 Kevin Bahl

#29 Mackenzie Blackwood
#41 Vitek Vanecek

Coach: Lindy Ruff

z3w.gif

Philadelphia Flyers:

#21 Scott Laughton - #13 Kevin Hayes - #11 Travis Konecny
#25 James van Riemsdyk - #48 Morgan Frost - Wade Allison
#86 Joel Farabee - #49 Noah Cates - #74 Owen Tippett
#44 Nicolas Deslauriers - #58 Tanner Laczynski - Hayden Hodgson

#9 Ivan Provorov - #77 Tony DeAngelo
#6 Travis Sanheim - #70 Rasmus Ristolainen
#24 Nick Seeler - #61 Justin Braun

#79 Carter Hart
#32 Felix Sandstrom

Injuries:
#14 Sean Couturier
#38 Patrick Brown
#46 Bobby Brink
#89 Cam Atkinson
#94 Ryan Ellis

Coach: John Tortorella

200w.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
I'm predicting an embarrassing Devils loss tonight that'll sink our collective morale and then they go 81-1 the rest of the season.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
49811.jpg

Excited for the start of NJD season 40. I do notice many of you laughing at Philthy and not taking this game seriously. Let's hope the NJD players don't do the same. They'll be hungry to prove they aren't the laughing stock of the league that many here think they will be. And Torts WILL have them ready to play, you better believe that. Torts doesn't allow any passengers or those not giving 100%, but he may make exceptions and allow guys to do that on Saturday when VAN comes to town. He won't tolerate such slacking against a division rival in the NJD.

Very excited to see Carter Hart and how MBW29 responds when going up against Carter Hart, a netminder that came up at the same exact time and that's been superior in every facet over the last two years, as well as in their respective careers. Also excited to watch Konecny, a very underrated player in the NHL. What an outstanding pick in the first round of the 2015 draft, just like the NYb and their pick that very same year. It must be nice not striking out and having to already sell off a disappointing first rounder like PZ.

This game will be a very tough test. I see so many of you laughing and taking this game as an easy and guaranteed 2 points. I see nothing funny here and this will be as tough of a 2 points for the NJD as we'll see all season long. Entering a building like Philly where it's always tough to play.

And just remember, Torts absolutely REFUSES to lose to the NJD.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 593505
Excited for the start of NJD season 40. I do notice many of you laughing at Philthy and not taking this game seriously. Let's hope the NJD players don't do the same. They'll be hungry to prove they aren't the laughing stock of the league that many here think they will be. And Torts WILL have them ready to play, you better believe that. Torts doesn't allow any passengers or those not giving 100%, but he may make exceptions and allow guys to do that on Saturday when VAN comes to town. He won't tolerate such slacking against a division rival in the NJD.

Very excited to see Carter Hart and how MBW29 responds when going up against Carter Hart, a netminder that came up at the same exact time and that's been superior in every facet over the last two years, as well as in their respective careers. Also excited to watch Konecny, a very underrated player in the NHL. What an outstanding pick in the first round of the 2015 draft, just like the NYb and their pick that very same year. It must be nice not striking out and having to already sell off a disappointing first rounder like PZ.

This game will be a very tough test. I see so many of you laughing and taking this game as an easy and guaranteed 2 points. I see nothing funny here and this will be as tough of a 2 points for the NJD as we'll see all season long. Entering a building like Philly where it's always tough to play.

And just remember, Torts absolutely REFUSES to lose to the NJD.
DD certainly in midseason form already.

You mean to tell me that he'll allow his team to be embarrassed by Vancouver (a team that he was once head coach for, which was also his shortest and most embarrassing stint as an NHL head coach) but not us? I guess he's not like Pete, who makes sure he has his boys ready to play against us and not so much against the Flyers or Rags/NYb?

And that part about Carter Hart being superior in every facet to Blackwood over the last two years and their respective careers? That's actually not at all true. Carter Hart is one of the very few goalies that has not been better than Blackwood over the last two years. Come on now.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
DD certainly in midseason form already.

You mean to tell me that he'll allow his team to be embarrassed by Vancouver (a team that he was once head coach for, which was also his shortest and most embarrassing stint as an NHL head coach) but not us? I guess he's not like Pete, who makes sure he has his boys ready to play against us and not so much against the Flyers or Rags/NYb?

And that part about Carter Hart being superior in every facet to Blackwood over the last two years and their respective careers? That's actually not at all true. Carter Hart is one of the very few goalies that has not been better than Blackwood over the last two years. Come on now.

chatting-twich-emote-xqc-asmongold-chat-tyler1.gif

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
are the lines in the op confirmed?

surprised to see mercer and not holtz with hughes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad