Well What's The Verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
Flyers are horrific. Hakstol is in way over his head. This team lacks real talent and Hextall has his head buried in the sand refusing to see reality.

We are going to miss the playoffs now for the 3rd time in 4 seasons under Hextall since 2014.

The Flyers are the Titanic of the NHL. Sinking and doomed. Yet, remarkably, many Flyers fans continue to be delusional about so many things it's hard to count them all.

Just to begin..

Ivan Provorov as a #1 Dman-Has never once in his time in the NHL demonstrated the ability to be a true #1 dman despite playing the most minutes on the team.

Provorov continues to get chance after chance to prove himself as a #1, having never once been scratched, and has so far, failed miserably. His play is very inconsistent, his defense isn't good, he's awful on the PK, and his offense can't make up for his lack of D.

Hakstol insisting on playing him almost half a game, every game, is certainly a part of the problem.

Sean Couturier-What does it say about a team that has Couturier as it's #1 Center? If you're the Flyers it says you're going to suck. Bad.

Hextall and Hakstol continue their delusional thinking, first that Provorov is a #1 D, and now with Couturier as #1C. They were so confident Couturier could be a #1C they thought they could afford to trade Brayden Schenn. How terrible.

Terrible thinking. Terrible talent evaluation. Terrible management.

Jake Voracek-He continues to be among the worst contract values in all of the NHL. Simply put, the Flyers gambled on him and lost big. He's making $8 million a year for this. $8 MILLION!

Claude Giroux-Why the Flyers continue to be so delusional is certainly mysterious. The Grand Delusion continues with the Flyers organization believing they can win with a team built around Giroux.

He's never once proven capable of winning anything, yet, here's Hextall insisting this team can make the playoffs (we're only a few points out from the #8 seed, right Ron?)

The bottom line is the Flyers are in a terrible state. Now and in the future if they continue down this line of thinking. Something big has to change and soon.

Call me all the names you want. Tell me I'm just being a hater. I've been right all along.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
This is a rebuilding team with a lot of talent in the pipeline that will be coming up very soon. Coaching has been bad though which I am sure 90% of the people can see. Provy has still been good and that top line is one of the best lines in the league.

Reactions: kelmitchell

intro9

Nov 1, 2005
You literally just took all the players who ARE playing well and crapped all over them. The entire team except for those 4 are the problem.

Reactions: kelmitchell

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
This is a rebuilding team with a lot of talent in the pipeline that will be coming up very soon. Coaching has been bad though which I am sure 90% of the people can see. Provy has still been good and that top line is one of the best lines in the league.
The so called pipeline talent means nothing until they prove themselves at the NHL level.

Coaching is a problem but no coach is going to be able to make up for lack of talent. It gets even worse when your coach is out of his league at this level. It compounds everything else.

Provorov isn't nearly as good as Flyers fans were led to believe. The only thing he's proved so far is that he isn't a #1 Dman.

That top line is leading us right into a lottery pick.

Last edited:

VoiceOfTheFlyers

Sep 28, 2017
You literally just took all the players who ARE playing well and crapped all over them. The entire team except for those 4 are the problem.
Those 4 are who the team mostly relies on, as well as Simmonds. Where have they led us?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
troll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad