Post-Game Talk: Well that was unexpected

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Only thing the Leafs are good for, think I'll celebrate this win with a $2 Teen Burger!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240217_175748_A&W.jpg
    Screenshot_20240217_175748_A&W.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Its been difficult to comprehend why the Oilers dont lean on Bouch more often on PP. When they finally set him up its usually either off the post or directly in. Teams always cover the cross crease to Drai but rarely commit to the points.
Bouchard bombing it on net was the key the PP dominating LA and Vegas at a historic level in the playoffs.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
It wasn’t perfect but they showed resilience and got the W.

One thing I noticed is the ice was shit and Dallas is very clearly used to it. They weren’t trying to be very cerebral or trying to handle the puck too much. They were putting pucks in areas and skating to them, lots of crash and bang, putting pucks on net looking for rebounds and skating hard putting pressure on us knowing the ice was too shitty to be able to handle the puck well.

We started catching on and eventually adjusted but it was clear Dallas is used to garbage ice at home and game plan to take advantage of that.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Its been difficult to comprehend why the Oilers dont lean on Bouch more often on PP. When they finally set him up its usually either off the post or directly in. Teams always cover the cross crease to Drai but rarely commit to the points.
I thought they could have set him up way more on the PP, he’d be winding up ready for a pass and they’d just keep cycling.

His shot is simply elite, a bomb, let the guy rip it and be ready to cash in on rebounds. PP needs to simplify things sometimes. Also I doubt many PKers wanna block Bouch bombs

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Maybe another turning point game?

The third period was a lot better defensively. More of that please.

Team needs another top 6 forward though. That’s a more pressing need than anything else imo.
Wasn't unexpected. I called the W.

Monster game from Bouchard. So glad to have him. this just isn't an incredible velocity shot its a D skating in and picking corners. This guy is going to score a lot of goals.

Dallas fans and the ABC broadcast expecting MCDRAI to star and all they do is hit posts. Boochbomb scores two, wins the game.

Nice power move by Drai to draw the OT call. Drai had a good heavy game.

Stars lose because they lack superstars.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Bouchard leads the team in shots and scores twice. WOW shoot the puck and you score, who would of thought?

Neither shot was from a perfect spot and there wasn’t much traffic on either and Oettinger is no slouch. When you shoot good things happen, and your game plan can’t always be working the puck around looking for that sure thing chance. Get it on net ya bums.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
f*** the leaf’s. But that’s a good promo lol. Last year we had game day Big Macs. Don’t think it’s here this year though

Oh they still have that? I got a couple of those last year
Yeah they have that here for the London Knights too! I've had a few of those but this leafs A&W offer just recently started I think

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Bouchard leads the team in shots and scores twice. WOW shoot the puck and you score, who would of thought?

Neither shot was from a perfect spot and there wasn’t much traffic on either and Oettinger is no slouch. When you shoot good things happen, and your game plan can’t always be working the puck around looking for that sure thing chance. Get it on net ya bums.

Both were pretty uncontested… exactly when/where you should be sniping… with time and space

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Brown f***ing sucks

On ice for all 3 GA today which is hard to accomplish in limited minutes in a 3GA game. His pk duty was crap today. He was caught out of zone on both Dallas PP goals and a terrible missed coverage on the EV goal.

he's just f***ing awful and the myth about his contributions defensively and on pk can just go away and die. This guy costs you having an actual player on ice, and costs us 4M. I've rarely seen a worse player and theres a dozen posters here still defending this tool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad