Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
From his Q & A with HF's man in Russia:

HF: How do you prepare before a game?
AR: I have my secrets and I can’t talk about them. The only thing I can say that I do all the same way as I did before the win. This time before final game against Team USA I did all the same way as I did in the semifinal game that we’ve won. I believe in my good luck charm and always try to do all the right way.

I grew up playing soccer and hockey, and I left hockey as I had to choose in my mid-teens (I was quite a good soccer player, not nearly good enough to go pro or even think about going pro in hockey). This left me with friends in hockey and soccer, and the main difference between a soccer player and a hockey player (outside of guts) is that hockey players are some of the most supersticious people in the world. Native Americans have nothing on these guys.

Maybe he shoulda been a goalie though? I hear Ron Hextall holds the world record for supersticions. Then again, goalies are .. well.. just different. My teams' goaltender way back when I played roller hockey used to rap his goal stick on the boards times (not 8, nor 10) behind the net before every period.

bigeasy

Mar 18, 2003
Yankee in South Ga.
Visit site
all athletes are superstitious

all athletes do the same thing before a game

i was a college football player and got the same person to tape every saturday. listened to the same music(alice cooper as a senior). i had the same routine and taped my hands and knee braces the same way.

don't think it helped me play better but was comforting to know i had taken care of the little stuff so i could play.

some people are worse, i had teammates and have coached guys that had to do everything the same and at the same time. crazy but if you think it makes you play better go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad