Well, it's clear cut at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Tomorrow's meetings with Bob and Gary have hinted that something is up. But I've stopped being gung-ho optimistic even with this news! I just don't see these guys agreeing for once, even though I'd love to see it. Basically, it's one of two things that will happen tomorrow:
1. Bob comes in and says, "Gary, you can get your cap. BUT we want these changes." He'll prolly ask for a 45 mil cap with the strict penalties, the floor at 32M but no cap on individual salaries and percentages of salary players can make (WTF is with that anyway? If caps were set at 45 mil or so how could the players get much more than 56% of revenues? If the league's fortunes were to dwindle financially, they could try to redo the CBA after 4 years if they choose and vice versa for the players). The rest, who knows? If he's smart, he'll say arbitration will still be two-way like in the proposal, rookie caps the same, but UFA age goes down to 26 or so. Gary says "If you want this, would it be alright if we took away the profit-sharing plan?" Hopefully it would suffice. Rejoicing begins, blah blah. New deal by Saturday.
OR, most likely
2. Major philosophical differences, etc. Gary and Bob face it's over, they congratulate each other for a hard fought battle, then go watch an AHL game, laugh a little, put arms around each other and eat luxury box food all game. Buddies once again because they know the battle's postponed until Sept.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
But why would Bob be there. Obviously theres still a deal to be made. If im Bob, Id sit in my chair in TO and say, "Im head of the PA. Gary you mofo, you wanna cancel the season go ahead"

Obviously a deal is still possible.

Man, why did they ban posting blogs on here. I need some info.
EKLUND!!!!! Help us :D

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
Bob and Gary are meeting for one final time as a PR move. For us fans, really! We can see them together for one last time "trying to work out a deal," and by that I mean playing poker and smoking cigars while listening to a lovely concerto or something of that nature. Finally they will reach an agreement that this season is cooked like a Thanksgiving turkey and Gary will make his way to a podium surrounded by all of the Canadian press and those American press who couldn't find a hotel room Jacksonville.

Crazy Lunatic

mr gib said:
i agree - this new proposal stinks - crosby couldn't make any cake till he is 28 - are you kidding me?

If Crosby is half the star people think he will be, his team will offer him a very fair salary at 22 years old, not 28. And making over a million a year for his first four years isn't chump change. Edmonton wasn't under any CBA pressure to keep giving Gretzky new deals every few years, but they did because not doing so (and having Gretzky sit out) would have hurt their franchises a lot more than just giving the player a fair deal. The length and dollar amount for rookies is 100% negetiable too, so the NHLPA could tweak it quite a bit I'm guessing.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Crazy Lunatic said:
If Crosby is half the star people think he will be, his team will offer him a very fair salary at 22 years old, not 28. And making over a million a year for his first four years isn't chump change. Edmonton wasn't under any CBA pressure to keep giving Gretzky new deals every few years, but they did because not doing so (and having Gretzky sit out) would have hurt their franchises a lot more than just giving the player a fair deal. The length and dollar amount for rookies is 100% negetiable too, so the NHLPA could tweak it quite a bit I'm guessing.
******** - you can't read - 850 till he's 28 - case closed

mytor4*

gary is there to thank bob for he just save the owners millions while costing the players billions. dunb ass bob now keep sending your players to europe where they can make millions ha ha.then he'll say season is over f----k face and laugh at him and i'll applaud him and the owners to the end. cruussshhh the union .

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
mytor4 said:
gary is there to thank bob for he just save the owners millions while costing the players billions. dunb ass bob now keep sending your players to europe where they can make millions ha ha.then he'll say season is over f----k face and laugh at him and i'll applaud him and the owners to the end. cruussshhh the union .
you can't read either

mytor4*

i read fine. you are just blinded by bob like the rest of the union.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
mr gib said:
bob's going so he can tell gary to **** off to his face

Yep that's about Goodenow's intelligence level. I'll tell ya there is not one guy I can think of that would keep his job if he lost 1.5 Billion dollars worth of salary for his union that will never be recovered.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
mytor4 said:

I agree ! Goodenow will be out on his A** if this season is clipped. There is no way they are gonna go back into bargaining for next year with this knothead. Why do you think Linden and Saskin are front and center ?? because Bob is way over his head on this one. Besides anyone who allows David Frost to still be a certified NHLPA agent needs his head read. The owners are going to win this time and Bob is going to be shown the door.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
mytor4 said:
Isnt it past your bedtime young man?

myrocketsgotcracked

mr gib said:
******** - you can't read - 850 till he's 28 - case closed
since you can read so well, can you please point out exactly where the proposal say "sidney crosby can and will only earn 850k till hes 28"? just because others disagree with you doesnt mean they cant read. maybe if you spend as much time thinking as you do insulting people, you might be able to see his point of view too, but thats probably too much for me to ask.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
McKenzie: The Final Stare-Down?
TSN.ca Staff
2/3/2005

Well, if you think the glass is half full, then you can be optimistic about Thursday's lockout meeting - which will include Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow coming out of the bullpen. You also might be nuts. How can these guys negotiate when they are speaking different languages? It's 'Capanese' versus 'Taxenese'.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=113649&hubName=nhl

I hope no one is holding their breath ..

A Good Flying Bird*

Crazy Lunatic said:

People need to stop this rookie salary cap nonsense.
In the end, we're going to see Ovechkin flip off the NHL and earn mucho dinero in Russia.
Not good for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->