Post-Game Talk: Well Florida's been here before. Bruins go up 1-0 as Ekblad goes full Weegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
Can we put Ekblad to injury reserve? Let Mahura or Balls play?

$7.5mil former 1st overall draftee vs. undrafted league minimum wage earning nobody. Money well spent.

missed the 3rd period so this is the first time I've seen it.

that's an interesting approach from BOS. a big part of our game is to send the D down to kill exits on half wall and gus has done an amazing job. the Bs are gambling a bit by springing brazeau and Freddy from the weak side. when Chucky misses that puck, we're toast - it's going to be a 2 or 3v1 with us as a speed deficit since gus is essentially a pylon here. we aren't paying ek to defend that. strong side Fs need to be clean and you can be sure we'll have a high F tracking those guys next game.

also, brazeau has some skill. he's scored some really nice goals this year.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
my only issue is that last year vs them took a toll on the players bodies, believe most of our injuries (and lingering ones) came from that series

Yeah but that's going to happen during the playoffs. These guys got some good rest and need to go back to that hard grinding style of play. Too soft on pucks and plays yesterday.

Great8Cam

Nov 2, 2008
#5 looked like complete dog shit. He doesn’t even deserve being called one of the many nicknames that we all have for him. Kinda like that waste of space #17.

There were so many people talking about how f’ng terrible 5 is in the lines at the arena last night. Bob was not good after the 1st when he killed it for us to start the game, but the rest of the game he wasn’t good at all.

I woke up this morning thinking everything was okay, but then the shitty game came back into my brain.

Pomo was a total dipshit with those lines. How hard is it to make an adjustment once he saw the team struggling like a mother fu**er. That was peewee league style coaching there buddy. He got schooled by a former drunk for a coach! Pitiful!!!!!!

It is t really simple, bench 17, Special Agent Okposo, and Cuzzy.

Put Chucky and Swaggy back with Bennett
Tank with Reino and Barky
Lundy with Luo and Samoskevich
Gadjo and/or Lomby, with Stenny and Lorentz.

Reactions: ShootIt

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

The full quote is "one of the next three, for sure. I think."

So it could be longer. What the hell kind of reply is that anyway, could be tomorrow or could be almost another week. Maybe. After it was initially a week plus.:facepalm:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
The full quote is "one of the next three, for sure. I think."

So it could be longer. What the hell kind of reply is that anyway, could be tomorrow or could be almost another week. Maybe. After it was initially a week plus.:facepalm:

He'll make an appearance in the elimination game and won't affect the outcome much due to his hand still hurting (e.g. can't win draws, can't win puck battles, can't shoot the puck, etc).

Reactions: I am not exposed

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
He'll make an appearance in the elimination game and won't affect the outcome much due to his hand still hurting (e.g. can't win draws, can't win puck battles, can't shoot the puck, etc).
That's what I'm worried about most, no matter when he comes back. What kind of mobility and strength in his hand does he have.

Reactions: I am not exposed

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
And where the hell is Lomberg?!?! These are the guys who are needed to drag others to the fight. The injury reports from this team are worth toilet paper. :banghead:

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
I think we all need to take a deep breathe here...

Many overreactions IMO for one game.

Were you guys thinking we would win the SC by going 16-0?

This is a tough league. All teams are good and the line between winning or losing if often very thin. Not so much separates good teams from great teams.

On a particular night, any team can look like the worst team in the league or the best.

Let's see how they respond tommorow.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think we all need to take a deep breathe here...

Many overreactions IMO for one game.

Were you guys thinking we would win the SC by going 16-0?

This is a tough league. All teams are good and the line between winning or losing if often very thin. Not so much separates good teams from great teams.

On a particular night, any team can look like the worst team in the league or the best.

Let's see how they respond tommorow.

Exactly. There's no need to panic. I'll be concerned if we go down 2-0 losing both home games, sure, but we've played exactly one game in round two. Let's give this a little time.

It was a bad start, but there's a lot of hockey left to play.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Book inbound cause still mad.

its kinda scary that we saw a march game creep in into the playoffs.
Weve been taken entire periods off vs tampa but would come back cause tampa is kind of a shell of itself.

Didnt work vs boston, i get not worrying too much and obv were not gonna go 16-1 the way there and bad games happen esp down our #2 C and week off.

But 4(1 EN)-1 is something else. After Chucky scored the entire team packed it up, giving up 3 straight goals in 10 min is something. None of their big guns even scored, which is something good, but being outscored isnt.

PP has been horrible since march, had some spark here and there vs Tampa, but Kompon really needs to get his ass out of his head and come up with something new, was horrendous to start the season, got CV on the PP and the bumper play and it became top 5 for a bit, then once that was figured out its been completely for 2 months. Then the effort on the ice during it is just lackadaisical. Credit to the PK at least.

Worst of all is that Boston seriously has our # this season and nothing last night made me feel any better on it, and just made it worse.

Literally saw toronto without Matthews completely suffocate this team for 3 straight games, no excuse we cant do that as well.

Just hope this wakes them up and at least have the bad game now vs later. Change the lineups and adjust and go from there.

Oel-Kuli best pairing is not ideal lmao

Kuli and ekblad somehow have the experience and skill to be good/solid defenseman, yet their brains just literally freeze at times and do the dumbest things ever constantly. Kuli has at least been pretty solid these playoffs, Ekblad had a good series vs Tampa but holy hell i really hope he was just super hung over from the cinco de mayo Mayo buffet.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I think Boston saw a lot of tape of how Ekblad was the weak link on that pairing.

So many times Tampa dumped the puck in with Ekblad doing the retrieval and due to his lack of speed, Stamkos absolutely stapled Ekblad over and over to cause a turnover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad