Prospect Info: Welcome to Montreal Nathan Legare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
He's a hard worker, heavy player, has a good shot, needs to work on his skating though. He wasn't getting much ice time, and I honestly doubt he gets top 6 minutes here. Believe he's an AHLer, still like him as a player tho

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Will be interesting with the logjam of younger F talent in Laval which type of opportunity/role he'll play. I dont expect him to be a part of the future of the habs though I will say that.

Reactions: Bacchus1

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Still, hope he finds moving to MTL motivating, and he finds that missing something to get him to the right level. Apparently his shot is high quality.

Reactions: FloJack

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Just looking at stars, in junior he never really improved points wise.
This is honestly why teams undervalue numbers in the Q. A guy who put up 90 in their draft year in the OHL or WHL would be a pretty good indicator they've got at least AHL star potential. This guy was 8th in the entire Q in his draft year and everyone ahead of him is a bust. Laf and Veleno are the only ones in the NHL and its as bottom six players.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
This is honestly why teams undervalue numbers in the Q. A guy who put up 90 in their draft year in the OHL or WHL would be a pretty good indicator they've got at least AHL star potential. This guy was 8th in the entire Q in his draft year and everyone ahead of him is a bust. Laf and Veleno are the only ones in the NHL and its as bottom six players.
I think that's more indicative that there's something wrong with the Q.

You look at that year and you have Veleno who's looking like he'll be past and pushed back to the AHL. Laf who's an NHL, but not close to what was expected of him.

You look at the points leaders for that year and a bit below them you have RHP and then even further down Mercer, who looks pretty good. Pelletier should get an opportunity this year.

Given what others are saying he has the potential to be a 4th line, energy player who can finish, assuming he's an absolute dog on the puck and finishes his checks.

Edit: missed Kurashev, as he's ahead of Mercer for points in the Q that year.

Reactions: Nevins and abo9

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Hopefully a late bloomer like Kreider. Learning to improve your skating is tough, but hopefully a change in scenery helps.

Kreider was considered by many to be the fastest player in his draft......really have to squint super hard to find Legare in Kreider.

I have something planned tonight for him.

Do tell.......:popcorn:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

You look at that year and you have Veleno who's looking like he'll be past and pushed back to the AHL. Laf who's an NHL, but not close to what was expected of him.

You look at the points leaders for that year and a bit below them you have RHP and then even further down Mercer, who looks pretty good. Pelletier should get an opportunity this year.

Given what others are saying he has the potential to be a 4th line, energy player who can finish, assuming he's an absolute dog on the puck and finishes his checks.

Edit: missed Kurashev, as he's ahead of Mercer for points in the Q that year.
That is essentially what I mean. The Q is dogshit compared to other leagues and I think below even the USHL now. The US National Development team would be a contender in any CHL league but I feel like they would slaughter the Q especially annually.

Everyone always brings up the memorial cup as if a single good team doing well in single-elimination format after a round robin is indicative of league health. It is something that can be explained by a variety of variables including: it's more common for highly drafted Q players to go back to the Q for both their D+1 and D+2 where as the top OHL and WHL prospects more frequently skip their D+2 and go to the NHL. It leaves you with more top end 19 year olds playing in the Q compared to other leagues.

On a side note: Detroit took four fallers in the 2018 draft and were heralded as having the best draft night by getting Zadina, Veleno, Berggren and McIsaac. Five years later none of them are impact players. Very similar to the Habs in 2012.

The Q is just rotten for development and it goes all the way down to the youth level. They really should be investing more considering how much money the Habs make the province (though an argument could be made that we should be investing more in youth hockey in Quebec).

Reactions: Big Lurk

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I've been saying as much, not from my eyes as I don't know the league that well these past few years but that NHL scouts are telling us this much. That doesn't mean you can't find gems of course, so I hope he can turn things around and if not if he helps Laval or 3R then it's just a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad