GDT: [Welcome Home Jarome] December 10th - Bruins @ Flames [7:30pm on TSN]

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Seems like the Bruins are getting bitten by the flu bug even more than our team. Good thing Iginla has a lifetime supply of cold/flu medicine.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 2m
Glencross and Galiardi skating as extras once again this morning, so looks like they'll sit vs. Boston tonight. #Flames

FallsForItEveryYear

Jun 26, 2007
Awesome GDT.

I'd say no other fanbase knows better what you guys are feeling. we went through it with Bourque and hopefully we can give Iginla the same ending that Colorado gave Bourque.

hopefully we get a good injury free game tonight for both our teams sake's

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
I'm so unbelievably pissed off. One of my friends got me a ticket for the game, and I had put in for the day off work, but the manager I dealt with on that forgot to actually file the request, and so I was scheduled. I can't find anyone to take the shift, and have been notified it will be entirely unacceptable to not show up for the shift, since they'd know why I missed it.

Literally raging here

I'd miss it.

yolo

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I'm so unbelievably pissed off. One of my friends got me a ticket for the game, and I had put in for the day off work, but the manager I dealt with on that forgot to actually file the request, and so I was scheduled. I can't find anyone to take the shift, and have been notified it will be entirely unacceptable to not show up for the shift, since they'd know why I missed it.

Literally raging here

Any future employer would completely understand your reason for dismissal, and potentially even hire you because of it, shows commitment to ones ideals, and holding your employers to a higher standard than the common employee.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Great job on the GDT and tribute. Good luck tonight.

Hopefully, Jarome scores a six pack for you. :)

Aug 3, 2010
Perfect game tonight IMO:

1) Iginla gets a highlight-reel goal, provides an amazing assist for another goal & fights McGrattan to a tie.
2) Flames still win.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm hoping Iggy scores because I'm curious whether they'll sound the goal horn. :sarcasm:

No, honestly, if that happened, I'd expect the reaction of the crowd would be similar to that of a Flames goal.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'm hoping Iggy scores because I'm curious whether they'll sound the goal horn. :sarcasm:

No, honestly, if that happened, I'd expect the reaction of the crowd would be similar to that of a Flames goal.
I kind of hope Iggy scores so we can all hear the announcer scream "Jaroooooooome Iginla!" just like old times.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I kind of hope Iggy scores so we can all hear the announcer scream "Jaroooooooome Iginla!" just like old times.

I was just thinking that. Would be amazing if he did do it so the Bruins can see what he meant to us, and how important it is to get this guy a cup.

Going to the game, taking a non hockey fan because she has no idea what Iggy means to this city. She thinks I'm crazy for having 7 Iginla jersey's..... She will see why.

Trae

Calgary

I wonder if Beasley has though about this haha

So stoked for this game, counting down the hours now.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

If I was the keeper of the horn, I'd give it a honking if Iggy scored. "Sorry boss, force of habit :D"

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, holy crap he got a hat trick!

dilldog

May 28, 2012
A great gdt for this great occasion! The Boston gdt is great also. Everyone loves Iggy!

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
If I was the keeper of the horn, I'd give it a honking if Iggy scored. "Sorry boss, force of habit :D"

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, holy crap he got a hat trick!

I think fans would blow the lid off, if they blew the horn if he scores, I hope they do the Iggy dance if he scores too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad