Injury Report: Weiss out for the year, other injuries

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Bill Whitehead @BillWhiteheadFL 1m
Whoa. RT@goldieonice: Dale Tallon announces Stephen Weiss will have season ending wrist surgery. #FlaPanthers

Steve Goldstein @goldieonice 33s
Theodore, Kulikov, Weaver all out at least a month. Jovo, upshall at least 10 days away. Versteeg day to day.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Since Weiss didn't want to negotiate during the season, now his season is over. So...

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
Bill Whitehead @BillWhiteheadFL 1m
Whoa. RT@goldieonice: Dale Tallon announces Stephen Weiss will have season ending wrist surgery. #FlaPanthers

Steve Goldstein @goldieonice 33s
Theodore, Kulikov, Weaver all out at least a month. Jovo, upshall at least 10 days away. Versteeg day to day.

Well now we know what was wrong with him. Unless he messed it up in that half assed fight.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Erin Brown
#FlaPanthers injuries cont'd: Weaver, 4-5 weeks (lower body), Jovanovski, 7-10 days (lower body), Versteeg day-to-day, hopefully Friday

Not the first time Weiss has played too long with an injury he should have gotten taken care of and it's cost him the season. No idea what's going to happen with him now but I don't like it. This team might as well be Huberdeau's now.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So no team will want him so now we're left with him re-signing as a Panther. I'd lose a ton of respect for the guy if he re-signed elsewhere in the off-season.

3yr @ $4 to $4.5million would be my offer. I'd rather stay closer to $4million though.

So who slots into the #1 Center role for the rest of the year now? Matthias or Kopecky?

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
That really really sucks. That's a first round pick gone. We lose another player for nothing that could have brought back a decent return. God damn our luck

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
So no team will want him so now we're left with him re-signing as a Panther. I'd lose a ton of respect for the guy if he re-signed elsewhere in the off-season.

3yr @ $4 to $4.5million would be my offer. I'd rather stay closer to $4million though.

So who slots into the #1 Center role for the rest of the year now? Matthias or Kopecky?

The #1 center role is Drew Shore's to lose. After that it falls to a guy like Goc. Kopecky will not be playing a natural center role.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
UFA market for centers is weak and now he has a valid excuse. He's going to cash in big and it wont be with us.
If it's just about the $$, then he can **** off for all I care.

I'll throw the whole "Weiss wanted to stay when others from the old guard left because he wants to be a part of the rebuild" **** right out of the window the moment some GM grossly overpays him.

Lundell4Prez

Yandle = Bad
Jul 5, 2008
If it's just about the $$, then he can **** off for all I care.

I'll throw the whole "Weiss wanted to stay when others from the old guard left because he wants to be a part of the rebuild" **** right out of the window the moment some GM grossly overpays him.

Might as well do it now.

Panthers3

Jan 10, 2012
Plantation, FL
Dammit, I woke and had breaking news from the game center app on my phone. Figured Weiss was traded but this news sucks. This season has been a disaster. At least we have one exciting line and now Markstrom back to make the games watchable.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Well, we will find out just how "loyal" he is, wont we.

And not sure just how big the payday will be with damaged goods.

Interesting stuff.

He's been here long enough. I don't have any loyalty issues with him. He made it clear he was testing free agency by saying he would wait until after the season to discuss contracts which gave Tallon notice to move him at the deadline. We got screwed with bad luck.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think it's good that he's leaving. We need to start fresh with no players around from the old loser era.

CoolburnIsGone

Damn kinda sucks with how we could've used him at least as a trade chip. Same goes for Kulikov & Weaver too being out 1 month means they probably wont return in time for the trade deadline so we cant move either of them. Tallon has to start looking at the waiver wire to claim a guy at this point with all the injuries is my guess.

Yeaoh

Jun 14, 2011
Austria
Man that sucks for you guys :( He would have fetched you guys at least a 1st rounder or a solid prospect.

Hope you get at least something for his negotiating rights right before the start of FA.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
He's been here long enough. I don't have any loyalty issues with him. He made it clear he was testing free agency by saying he would wait until after the season to discuss contracts which gave Tallon notice to move him at the deadline. We got screwed with bad luck.

I also have no problem with him signing elsewhere and cashing in. AS long as they are honest and not jayblowing us.

All im saying is we will find out if he really wants to be a panther for life or not this summer.

p9ers

May 11, 2011
Toronto
That really really sucks. That's a first round pick gone. We lose another player for nothing that could have brought back a decent return. God damn our luck

No team that saw him play this season would have given up a 1st for Weiss. If it was last year eiss, yeah, but this year would have been lucky with a 2nd rounder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad