Pre-Game Talk: Week for Leftovers (CGY, @DAL, NYR)

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Oy vey that's bad all round. And Tavares, even if you listen to Coldplay, out of all the Coldplay songs to listen to to 'pump-up' :laugh:

I think a few of their earlier ones like God Put A Smile On Your Face, A Rush of Blood, Low, and Don't Panic were actually passable for pump up songs.

I think my own personal fav has become Oceansize's Trail of Fire. 8 minutes of solid build-up with a big ending.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
Wow, not very good pump up music there.
They could use that mentality a whole lot... It makes me wanna run through walls haha
The wait is soon at end
Always charge, never bend
Morning is here, make your stand
Live for honor, glory, death in fire

Total war is here
Face it without fear
Age of sword, age of spear
Fight for honor, glory, death in fire

See the fire rise
Flames are raging high
Soon all will burn and die
Burn for honor, glory, death in fire

Storm of lethal flames
Only death remains
Ragnarok is closing in
Die for honor, glory, death in fire

Forces of chaos are on the move
Everyone, choose your side
And know the day is coming soon
The day for all to die

The day is here when Bifrost breaks
Nor sun or moon will rise
When the dead rise from their graves
And Surtur spreads his fire

All you know will wither away
And sink into the sea
A new world will be born one day
Where everyone is free

Total war is here, face it without fear
Age of sword, age of spear
Fight for honor, glory, death in fire

Storm of lethal flames
Only death remains
Ragnarok is our fate
Die for honor, die for glory
Die, death in fire

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I hate Parise just a tad bit less now because of that musical choice.

Ditto.

I listen to rock and rap anyway so there's a bias, but I don't know how you can have an entire list like that with so little rock and rap. You trying to get pumped up or fall asleep?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

First we get the "minor" groin injury and now it might be time for the extended version. IIRC, it has happened around this time of year for the last few seasons too. It really is an annual tradition now.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

First we get the "minor" groin injury and now it might be time for the extended version. IIRC, it has happened around this time of year for the last few seasons too. It really is an annual tradition now.

I am starting to believe that the protection decision between Varly/Picks for the expansion draft has already been made.

Don Corleone

Jul 9, 2013
The Avs have not played Pickard as the starter at any point so that would imply that they prefer Varly. However, what point is there to keep an aging 5.9 million semi good starter who's groin is messed up, especially since the both have been pretty much equal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The Avs haven't even reached the halfway point of the season. Varly was going to be given every chance to keep the crease. How the second half looks will be more telling. Varly's yearly groin injuries are really getting bothersome.

If I had to say now it would be Varly because they haven't even tried to use picks as a starter yet. Unless their plan B is to sign someone to start 50% of the games.

If the team did go with Picks, they'd sign somebody for 30+ games next season. Plenty of decent options will be available there (Griess, Miller, Mason/Neuvirth, Bernier)

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Bednar had lots of nice things to say about Z in his presser today.

Also said good things about Goloubef, who I think has looked way better since getting back in the lineup.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bednar had lots of nice things to say about Z in his presser today.

Also said good things about Goloubef, who I think has looked way better since getting back in the lineup.

I like how they've handled Z to be honest. Yeah as far as winning games, maybe he could have been the ice time leader for the defense in more games, but despite our record they are avoiding putting to much pressure on him regardless of the win column. That's not something I think Roy would have been patient enough to do. Just like a lot of people here were pissed about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad