Pre-Game Talk: Week 9: Week at Home (Ana, Wpg, Phi)

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Malinski sucks.
Yup... at least right now. His last two games have been awful and the Avs are pretty lucky they didn't give up another goal or two when he was on the ice. He's gotta start providing some puck movement or offense to overcome how awful defensively he's been.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Thinking Jones scratched

Drouin-Mack-LOC
Wood-Colton-Kiwi
Tatar-RyJo-Mikko
Cogs-Olofsson-MacSnipe

Toews-Makar
Byram-Manson
JMFJ-Malinski

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Meh, run 11-7 and have Mikko play with RyJo at 5v5 but then also center the 4th line. The 4th line spot duty should help to keep his even strength minutes up a bit from having them reduced by playing with RyJo as well.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Yup... at least right now. His last two games have been awful and the Avs are pretty lucky they didn't give up another goal or two when he was on the ice. He's gotta start providing some puck movement or offense to overcome how awful defensively he's been.

I'm just not sure why a coach would want such a high risk player occupying a bottom pairing role when you already have dynamic guys in the team ie getting Makar back in the lineup. Ideal would be the safe, 3rd pairing lug glass and out type guy, not Malinski trying to moonwalk the blueline every offensive zone shift.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm just not sure why a coach would want such a high risk player occupying a bottom pairing role when you already have dynamic guys in the team ie getting Makar back in the lineup. Ideal would be the safe, 3rd pairing lug glass and out type guy, not Malinski trying to moonwalk the blueline every offensive zone shift.
If he was producing offense doing that, I wouldn't have an issue with it. Right now you're just getting all the risk with zero of the reward. Malinski is a just a terrible D'Angelo now... I say that recognizing D'Angelo is terrible.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Do you think I'm chronically online? (Yes.)

I don't understand this!
180.png

It's an old meme.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I go back and forth on how I feel about joking around with Nuke and the powder. I mean, if I felt that he was secure in his sobriety I could be ruthless and funny in his presence and probably make him laugh. However, if he's struggling at all, even if maintaining sobriety, there is just absolutely no way in hell that I would want to throw this in his face.

The Avs, being more secretive than the Illuminati, leave us no indication of how Nuke is doing.

All I know is that I wish the big fella all the best, because as much as I'd like to say the team needs it, the fact is his daughter deserves it.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I go back and forth on how I feel about joking around with Nuke and the powder. I mean, if I felt that he was secure in his sobriety I could be ruthless and funny in his presence and probably make him laugh. However, if he's struggling at all, even if maintaining sobriety, there is just absolutely no way in hell that I would want to throw this in his face.

The Avs, being more secretive than the Illuminati, leave us no indication of how Nuke is doing.

All I know is that I wish the big fella all the best, because as much as I'd like to say the team needs it, the fact is his daughter deserves it.
Well stated...... I am outright amazed sometimes how cruel this Board can be about things they know nothing about.

Let's suppose that Nuke has caught the flu and he has a very young child at home. Ever think how dangerous that could be for her?

Yeah.....I know.... "Lighten up Francis....." lol

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Maybe I'm making too much about intangibles but it feels like there is a leadership void with Landy, EJ and Kadri's swagger missing.

Mack is too much of a dumb dumb and emotional baby to be a true captain.

Makar could be it but can't seem to turn the corner on it.

Mikko could be a candidate with his no-nonsense way to speak and ability to carry the team when he wants to but he's just too inconsistent.

Cogs is just a complementary leader, he doesn't have the stature.

We may miss Landy more than we know.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

Nuke doesn't read this board, in fact he doesn't read at all. Have at it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad