NCAA: Week 9: Oregon-na Make Utah Sweat

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Now that baseball season has ended and there’s no more baseball to watch, Week 9 is here, and has been underway because meaningless teams insist on playing earlier in the week, but every game worth a shit is on Saturday once again.

Big Noon is headed to Lawrence, as Kansas as been hovering in around the top 25 this season, but a loss last week to Oklahoma State knocked them out. #6 Oklahoma comes to them this week, and they got a huge scare at home from UCF. The Sooners are giving up 10 here to the spread as their Bedlam rivalry game is next week already.

#4 Florida State made somewhat easy work of Duke last week and just need to stay upright and they will get to the ACC conference championship game. However they are on the road this week at 4-3 Wake Forest and laying 20.5 on ABC.

Penn State remained in the top 10 at #10 after once again failing to match up to a blueblood with a poor offensive showing. They have a get-right game this week hosting Indiana on CBS as both Maryland and Michigan loom.

The mid afternoon slate has the best games lined up again, including both ranked matchups this week. Even though Game Day is in town, Fox has #8 Oregon @ #13 Utah as the Pac 12 contenders separate themselves. Utah finally shut down Cameron Rising, so this Bryson Barnes’ show. He showed out last week when Utah beat USC and gets this game against another top QB, Bo Nix, at home. Oregon is favored by 6.5.

#20 Duke heads to #18 Louisville as the battle for second fiddle in the ACC moves forward on ESPN. This will air nationally on ABC. Louisville is favored, I don’t know, it’s the ACC, doubt anyone cares.

ABC has a good matchup in the Big 12, BYU is not ranked but is also 5-2 and on the road in Austin to see Sark and #7 Texas. The Longhorns have been playing down to some opponents, so they need to be careful.

And the annual Cocktail Party is on CBS, as Florida and #1 Georgia have their annual rivalry game in Jacksonville. Georgia is 14.5 point favorites. Georgia has a run of tough opponents coming up with some surprises. Although they should make quick work of Graham Mertz.

#24 USC has also been punished to Pac 12 network this week, on the road at Cal.

ABC Prime Time finally has Coach Prime, the Buffaloes are in the spotlight and on the road at #23 UCLA as 17.5-point underdogs. The Bruins didn’t let Stanford off the hook did like Colorado did, in a 42-7 rout. Colorado is off their bye, we’ll see if Prime has the ship in some order.

#3 Ohio State plays a rare night game as they head to Camp Randall against Wisconsin. Madison has always been a tricky place for them, and they had to grind out Penn State.

ESPN’s SEC feature has #21 Tennessee at Kentucky, both teams are 5-2. Vols favored by 4 here.

ESPNU has a team flying under the radar, mainly because they’re not bowl-eligible because it’s their second year in FBS, but they are undefeated and some people sent some strongly worded tweets to Game Day for snubbing them or whatever. #25 James Madison hosts Old Dominion with JMU favored by 20.

Finally, the Beavs are holding down After Dark once again, this week on ESPN. #11 Oregon State is waiting for someone to falter so they can sneak into the top 10, they will need to beat Arizona on the road.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Archibald isn't getting the start, but he will get some action. It's Maalik's team for the next few weeks. Hope this makes sark realize he has to go for the neck more often.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Archibald isn't getting the start, but he will get some action. It's Maalik's team for the next few weeks. Hope this makes sark realize he has to go for the neck more often.
Does Quinn Ewers transfer after the year? He'll have to sit out a year I think.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Fully expect the game to be closer than the spread. Every game at Camp Randall is incredibly close.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Virginia Tech winners of 3 out of 4 and putting up some points

Sep 19, 2008
WVU +222 against UCF. Do NOT take the 'Eers tomorrow. UCF will win easily.

-550 on MD
-25000 on PSU
-1400 on FSU

also picking georgia over florida and clemson over nc state, also OSU over Wisconsin big

1698412386060.jpeg

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Does Quinn Ewers transfer after the year? He'll have to sit out a year I think.
He'll go and get drafted this year in the top 3 rounds. Anyone saying he's a 6th round player or a UDFA is either biased or just doesn't really know what they are talking about. Will Levis was a top 60 pick.

Reactions: LT

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
He'll go and get drafted this year in the top 3 rounds. Anyone saying he's a 6th round player or a UDFA is either biased or just doesn't really know what they are talking about. Will Levis was a top 60 pick.
Why would he leave early if he's not going to be a higher pick? He doesn't have the track record to be picked high imo.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They’ll want to get him to the NFL so Arch doesn’t transfer

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Why would he leave early if he's not going to be a higher pick? He doesn't have the track record to be picked high imo.
He's had two shoulder injuries in College, why wouldn't you leave if you're gonna be a 3rd round pick or better?

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
He's had two shoulder injuries in College, why wouldn't you leave if you're gonna be a 3rd round pick or better?
I'd think very hard against leaving early unless I'd go in the 1st, personally.

But given his injury history you might be right. He just has so few starts...

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to continuing outwitting a genius from Stanford, then outwit Stanford Steve (who was 1-3 last week and 12-22-2 on the season :amazed: ) on these humongous matchups:

Army-9.5 vs Massachusetts
Colorado State+14 vs Air Force
California+10 vs Southern Cal
WVU+7 over UCF

And if you want to earn enough $$$$ to help Connor Stalions pay his impending legal fees, then go with The Bear on these titanic tilts:

Texas State+6 vs Troy
Georgia-14.5 vs Florida
Texas-17.5 vs BYU
NC State TT under 16.5

No Corso Headgear Report today as Lee is MIA, however once again the sign of the day is "Michigan stole my other sign" :laugh: .

Reactions: DaveG and GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
@GKJ If you want to continuing outwitting a genius from Stanford, then outwit Stanford Steve (who was 1-3 last week and 12-22-2 on the season :amazed: ) on these humongous matchups:

Army-9.5 vs Massachusetts
Colorado State+14 vs Air Force
California+10 vs Southern Cal
WVU+7 over UCF

And if you want to earn enough $$$$ to help Connor Stalions pay his impending legal fees, then go with The Bear on these titanic tilts:

Texas State+6 vs Troy
Georgia-14.5 vs Florida
Texas-17.5 vs BYU
NC State TT under 16.5

No Corso Headgear Report today as Lee is MIA, however once again the sign of the day is "Michigan stole my other sign" :laugh: .
12-22-2???? :biglaugh:

Dude is playing Army??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad