NCAA: Week 9: Happy Valley welcomes Big Noon and the Bluebloods

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We actually have two ranked teams going on tonight, presumably people are watching Virginia Tech travel to #24 NC State and #14 Utah plays Wazzu.

Big Noon has the big matchup of the week, #2 Ohio State is in State College to play #13 Penn State.

CBS has the cocktail party, #1 Georgia and Florda in Jacksonville.

Other ranked matchups include #9 Oklahoma State @ #22 Kansas State and #19 Kentucky @ #3 Tennessee on ESPN primetime.

ABC prime time has the latest installment off Michigan State @ #4 Michigan

A number of teams may be on upset alert on the road: #7 TCU in West Virginia, #17 Illinois in Nebraska, #8 Oregon @ Cal, and #15 Ole Miss may be looking to put another nail in Jimbo's Texas A&M coffin

Pac 12 After Dark has Stanford @ #12 UCLA.

The Beavs are on a bye, preparing for next Friday's trip to Washington

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
NC State VT was trying to boar the fans to death.
NC State is scared of letting their QBs pass over 10 yds.
VT got the TD.
But still can't recommend watching

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I saw like a 90 yard touchdown
I was referring to VT D. NC State is terrible offensively and their D is worn out. And as usual they aren't as good as the talking heads thought
There is VT's third
NC State finally threw the ball and they get a TD (Probably too late)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
If you experts out there can remind my memory; which coach was the guest picker who was coaching a game that day? It happened a few years ago, maybe last year.

Edit: It was Lane Kiffin lol

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to earn enough $$$$ to fund the alimony/child support settlement in the Tom/Giselle divorce, then go with The Bear (who was 2-1 last week; 13-11 on the season) on these 3 very pivotal matchups:

Boston College minus 7 over UConn
Pitt plus 3 over North Carolina
aTm plus 2 over Ole Miss

• Haha
Reactions: GKJ
Sep 19, 2008
Miami being eviscerated on TV on Gameday rn

Could have gone to see Miami in Charlottesville today but decided against it. Busy day of women's soccer today. :sarcasm:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Miami being eviscerated on TV on Gameday rn

Could have gone to see Miami in Charlottesville today but decided against it. Busy day of women's soccer today. :sarcasm:
Des has it pegged......he basically confirmed what I have been saying about the players hating Mario & not wanting to give max effort for him. Good riddance........once he gets the players he wants/needs to fit his system things will get better.

Sep 19, 2008
Des has it pegged......he basically confirmed what I have been saying about the players hating Mario & not wanting to give max effort for him. Good riddance........once he gets the players he wants/needs to fit his system things will get better.
It's sad that Manny Diaz did a better job at Miami than Mario.

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
I guess things could improve because he can recruit but Mario has repeatedly shown he is horrible as a coach so not sure him getting his players will improve much. As long as he is the coach not just the recruiter they will never have success.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bryan Harsin on the clock in this quarter perhaps

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Huge turn in the big one. Penn State misses a field goal, but Ohio State called for illegal formation. Penn State gets 4th & 1, then a touchdown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad