GDT: Week 8

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Detroit's inability to put the ball into the endzone has been an issue the past few years. Unless that changes, you're going to quite possibly see Case Keenum leading the Vikings into the playoffs.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I guess after all the horse crap calls tonight they might as well miss the obvious Steelers punch.

How many more years of this Caldwell crap do we have to endure?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I guess after all the horse crap calls tonight they might as well miss the obvious Steelers punch.

How many more years of this Caldwell crap do we have to endure?

Well, they just extended him and Martha Ford really likes him so perhaps many more years.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well, they just extended him and Martha Ford really likes him so perhaps many more years.

Oh I know. He has done just enough to keep his job without actually accomplishing anything.

We backed into the play-offs last year and looked horrible getting beat there. Off to a hot start thanks to the schedule this year only to inevitably fall back once the games got harder.

The good news is that the Co-Ordinators seem to be loved by everyone (in the media at least) so that likely gets them to stay on as well despite both doing squat to deserve it. I can only hear how great a
co-ordinator Teryl Austin is so many times while watching this defense get torched and finish bottom 5. At some point result have to happen before people start questioning you doesn't it?

And I am not saying we have Barry Sanders or Laveon Bell back there but maybe 1 game in Joe Bob Cooters career he could get us a back to 100 yards. I mean he loves throwing the ball 2 yards why not get a back to carry it for those small useless yards instead?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Even though it one of the fiercest rivalries in NFL history and always a fascinating matchup, Broncos/Chiefs is going to feel like a friendly compared to the insanity that was WS G5

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Before I fell asleep I saw that Miller injury

Hope for best in what sounds like dire situation

Also what the f*** is a catch in NFL at this point? How was that not a TD?

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
The rule shouldn't exist, it's too nitpicky, but the call was correct within the context of the rule. As I recall the Bears won a game a few years ago because of it.

I hope the "save his leg" talk is ESPN being overdramatic for the sake of web clicks.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
With apologies to the Eagles, the two best teams in the NFL are the Patriots and Seahawks.

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010
With apologies to the Eagles, the two best teams in the NFL are the Patriots and Seahawks.

Any reasoning for this that you would like to provide? I am not saying I think the Eagles are the best, but that Patriots team is not as fearsome as past Patriots teams (of course can never look past them). Seahawks I do not have much of a feel for so cannot comment.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
What's crazy is how SEA managed so much offense without running the ball. I mean they had zero running game.
By the same token, I was amazed by Houston going into the CLink and doing the same to a notoriously stingy defense. Props to them.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Any reasoning for this that you would like to provide? I am not saying I think the Eagles are the best, but that Patriots team is not as fearsome as past Patriots teams (of course can never look past them). Seahawks I do not have much of a feel for so cannot comment.

The Patriots will be there in the end as always, hosting the AFCCG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad