NCAA GDT: Week 8:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
People act like if you don't win the national championship every year you're a bum. That's why all these quality coaches get canned and big time programs spend years trying to get back to where they were which wasn't good enough for them anyway.

Nobody said a word about firing him. His scheme will not win a national title. Probably not even the Big 10. Fact.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
He’s good enough. Rely on your Heisman trophy running back and stout Defense/special teams.

Great punt, Blake.

He can't complete a screen pass to save his life. Everything gets batted down. The passes he completed tonight were just a huck and chuck. You can only rely on Barkley so much if you can't complete a pass

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Good enough doesn't beat Alabama. He needs to be much more efficient.
I think good enough can win the B1G at least - these offenses suck.

But agreed, we’ll all be calling for them if things go our way the rest of the way tonight and next week, but Alabama would be a huge challenge.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Brady Hoke won 11 games one year. 9 and 10 wins is not the Michigan standard. Lloyd Carr did that 10 times and everyone hated him.

I'd be willing to bet that their average number of wins over the last 30-40 years is below 10 games, lol. That's some fantasy standard they have which explains why they booted a good coach in Carr.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Brady Hoke won 11 games one year. 9 and 10 wins is not the Michigan standard. Lloyd Carr did that 10 times and everyone hated him.

Sure Hoke did that once and then went 8-5, 7-6, 5-7. If Harbaugh does that I would agree his offense doesn't work anymore.

Carr did that for 12 years before Michigan had enough.\

I hate Harbaugh so don't like defending him but his offense doesn't work anymore in college football seems a little extreme to me based on the results he has got using it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Well if we are evaluating the effectiveness of their offense I think the fact that the refs screwed them out of the OSU win and likely a shot at the play-off is a pretty big factor.

If they are correctly given that game they are likely in a play-off spot and I am not sure people are saying the offense doesn't work anymore.

Is Harbaugh better off running one of the Air Raid offenses and losing 6-7 games a year like those coaches do? At least then his offense would "work."

Stanford did not win the Pac 12 when Harbaugh was there. Everyone thinks it is easier to win the Pac 12. The closest they got was probably the worst year in conference history at the mid-level. People went way overboard with their love for this dude.

I'd be willing to bet that their average number of wins over the last 30-40 years in below 10 games, lol. That's some fantasy standard they have which explains why they booted a good coach in Carr.

Yeah, they're nuts. I can tell you now that when they lose four or five games this year people are gonna be all up in their feelings over it. The standard at Michigan is to win the B1G, period. I don't think anyone cares how and their offense is very obviously prohibitive to doing that.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
But you were pimping 3 losses.

When?

I pointed out that they were close loses and one was ref aided. We were talking about if the offense is effective or not. If the loses are by one point that is a big difference than blowouts. It shows that even in the few loses they had they were very close to winning. Yes it doesn't mean much at the end of the year but it shows that the offense was effective in keeping them in those games.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Stanford did not win the Pac 12 when Harbaugh was there. Everyone thinks it is easier to win the Pac 12. The closest they got was probably the worst year in conference history at the mid-level. People went way overboard with their love for this dude.

That's awesome. If you want to say that Harbaugh is overrated I might tend to agree with you but that doesn't really have much to do with his offense not working today.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sure Hoke did that once and then went 8-5, 7-6, 5-7. If Harbaugh does that I would agree his offense doesn't work anymore.

Carr did that for 12 years before Michigan had enough.\

I hate Harbaugh so don't like defending him but his offense doesn't work anymore in college football seems a little extreme to me based on the results he has got using it.

They're gonna lose four games this year dude. The QB is not developing and other teams are able to load up on better talent at skill positions because of what Harbaugh wants out of his offense. It seems to be a very pertinent critique. The game has changed.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Yeah, they're nuts. I can tell you now that when they lose four or five games this year people are gonna be all up in their feelings over it. The standard at Michigan is to win the B1G, period. I don't think anyone cares how and their offense is very obviously prohibitive to doing that.

Well they can be perpetually disappointed then. Michigan has a great program, it ain't that great.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
USC is getting wrecked.

Michigan looks to have righted the ship but Penn State is moving. Michigan can't give up more than 27

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Can't wait to see some team take Darnold in the first round. Both so USC can be rid of him and so I can watch the looming trainwreck. Sanchez was a lot better btw.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
McSorley is Rex Grossman 2.0
I was thinking the same, except McSorley moves around better.

Reminds me of 2007 when the Bears were good and we had a poster on here convinced every week that the Bears would cut Grossman and (re-)sign Chris Leak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad