NCAA: Week 8: Play My Bye Week Music

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Week 8 is great news for some people: Colorado is on their bye, so there’s nowhere to watch or talk about Coach Prime. It’s just that some people will have to find something else to watch or do. Good thing we planned my high school reunion for this Saturday, so between that and the Phillies, this is by and large my bye week.

Both Big Noon and Game Day are in Columbus, the biggest game in the big ten to date, #7 Penn State takes their up and coming quarterback Drew Allar and impressive defense into Ohio Stadium against #3 Ohio State. Last week both teams tuned up by tuning up their opponents, PSU hung 63 on UMass, while tODU won in Purdue 41-3. It’s a statement game for both teams and quarterbacks, Kyle McCord has faced some criticism, but has also delivered when needed. Fox has the game at noon. Ohio is -4.5

Other noon games: Air Force is 6-0 and finally ranked at #22, they are on CBS at Navy. #6 Oklahoma hosts UCF on ABC.

Two teams from the Pac 12 look to keep their seasons above water relative to expectations. Wazzu drops from the top 25 after Arizona walked into Pulman and handed them their own asses 44-6. They get to go to Eugene where #9 Oregon awaits after dropping what will be known as a legendary game against Washington. The bettors expect them to be in a foul mood as Oregon are 20.5 point favorites. 3:30 on ABC.

Third Saturday in October means it’s time for #17 Tennessee and #11 Alabama to do battle. Even though both only have one loss, no one’s been impressed by the only two schools anyone thought can challenge Georgia. A contender has to emerge here, and Bama wants revenge after last year’s thriller. They are at home and favored by 9 on CBS at 3:30.

Iowa is finally ranked as well, #24 even though they still can’t score, and don’t have their starting quarterback or tight end for the season. Not looking good to get to 325 points. They also only have 1 loss (by 31 to Penn State). They’ll get to be featured in an afternoon NBC game at Kinnick favored by 3 against Minnesota.

Prime time games. #2 Michigan plays Michigan State in East Lansing, as State continues to pick up the pieces of their program, their playoff contender rival is favored by 24, and even that seems short. This is also an NBC game.

ABC has a huge one in the ACC. #16 Duke faces a big measuring stick game headed to Tallahassee against #4 Florida State, which will be their toughest game before the ACC Championship. FSU is -14.5, game on ABC, Chris and Kirk should be on the game.

#13 Ole Miss has flown under the radar a bit, they appear to have a test in Auburn, despite their 3-3 record are only 6.5-point underdogs. This is the ESPN/SEC 7pm feature.

On Fox in prime time at 8pm, the bloodbath in the Pac 12 continues, and revenge is on the mind of #18 USC undoubtedly. After Caleb Williams completely shit himself in last week’s rivalry game at Notre Dame, they host #14 Utah, who they have lost to 3 times in the last 2 years. Neither game last year was at the Coliseum, but this year it is. And we’re still waiting for Utah to get Cameron Rising back, which I feel like we hear about every week. It’s likely USC’s last shot at taking care of a program that’s been in their way before separating to new conferences.

God only knows if I make through those games without being stoned or piss drunk, but depending on what the Phillies do, I may be blessed with getting to see the new Heisman front runner on After Dark. Michael Penix, Jr and #5 Washington get to host an Arizona State team that only managed to put up 24 on Colorado a few weeks ago. Washington is at home and it could be fun to watch the Huskies roll them. They are 26.5 point favorites, on FS1.

#25 UCLA gets to go to the farm this week. Stanford got their big comeback win last week in Boulder, an extra day rest, and another After Dark. The Bruins are 17-point road favorites on ESPN.

Enjoy the games and I’ll let you know if I need an Uber.

Last edited:

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Penn St 24
Ohio St 16

Book it. The critics will finally shut up and realize just how good PSU is. O$U will get smacked in the mouth early thanks to a few Allar TD drives, and unfortunately they’ll come to find this isn’t Maryland. They haven’t seen a defense like this, and PSU might be even more talented a roster than theirs.

• Love
Reactions: PanthersPens62

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
must be bacon double cheeseburgers this time

Sounds like some teams are just mad that Michigan knows their opponents' offenses better than their opponents know themselves
.....what?

The Big Ten approached Michigan State on Wednesday, ahead of this weekend’s matchup between the rivals in East Lansing, with what the league described as “credible evidence” that the Wolverines have successfully stolen signs called by opposing teams’ coaches this season.

The Big Ten claims that Michigan, as one source with knowledge of the allegation said, is using a “vast network” to steal opposing teams’ signs.

The league told Michigan State it has reviewed film that shows UM clearly knowing what play an opposing team is going to run before the play occurs.

We haven't been presented with the evidence yet, but it sounds like there's complaints from multiple teams over multiple years with evidence to back up those claims up very blatant cheating

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sign stealing is part of the game, so long as it's done legally. And there's no indication within any of that information that it wasn't done legally.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Brent Venables has made a thing on stealing signs. I call that article a nothing burger tbh

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Sign stealing is part of the game, so long as it's done legally. And there's no indication within any of that information that it wasn't done legally.
There's no indication that it was done on the up and up. Hence the investigation.

I'm not sure how you have a "vast network" that doesn't involve either video or being there in person.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Week 8 is great news for some people: Colorado is on their bye, so there’s nowhere to watch or talk about Coach Prime. It’s just that some people will have to find something else to watch or do. Good thing we planned my high school reunion for this Saturday, so between that and the Phillies, this is by and large my bye week.

Both Big Noon and Game Day are in Columbus, the biggest game in the big ten to date, #7 Penn State takes their up and coming quarterback Drew Allar and impressive defense into Ohio Stadium against #3 Ohio State. Last week both teams tuned up by tuning up their opponents, PSU hung 63 on UMass, while tODU won in Purdue 41-3. It’s a statement game for both teams and quarterbacks, Kyle McCord has faced some criticism, but has also delivered when needed. Fox has the game at noon. Ohio is -4.5

Other noon games: Air Force is 6-0 and finally ranked at #22, they are on CBS at Navy. #6 Oklahoma hosts UCF on ABC.

Two teams from the Pac 12 look to keep their seasons above water relative to expectations. Wazzu drops from the top 25 after Arizona walked into Pulman and handed them their own asses 44-6. They get to go to Eugene where #9 Oregon awaits after dropping what will be known as a legendary game against Washington. The bettors expect them to be in a foul mood as Oregon are 20.5 point favorites. 3:30 on ABC.

Third Saturday in October means it’s time for #17 Tennessee and #11 Alabama to do battle. Even though both only have one loss, no one’s been impressed by the only two schools anyone thought can challenge Georgia. A contender has to emerge here, and Bama wants revenge after last year’s thriller. They are at home and favored by 9 on CBS at 3:30.

Iowa is finally ranked as well, #24 even though they still can’t score, and don’t have their starting quarterback or tight end for the season. Not looking good to get to 325 points. They also only have 1 loss (by 31 to Penn State). They’ll get to be featured in an afternoon NBC game at Kinnick favored by 3 against Minnesota.

Prime time games. #2 Michigan plays Michigan State in East Lansing, as State continues to pick up the pieces of their program, their playoff contender rival is favored by 24, and even that seems short. This is also an NBC game.

ABC has a huge one in the ACC. #16 Duke faces a big measuring stick game headed to Tallahassee against #4 Florida State, which will be their toughest game before the ACC Championship. FSU is -14.5, game on ABC, Chris and Kirk should be on the game.

#13 Ole Miss has flown under the radar a bit, they appear to have a test in Auburn, despite their 3-3 record are only 6.5-point underdogs. This is the ESPN/SEC 7pm feature.

On Fox in prime time at 8pm, the bloodbath in the Pac 12 continues, and revenge is on the mind of #18 USC undoubtedly. After Caleb Williams completely shit himself in last week’s rivalry game at Notre Dame, they host #14 Utah, who they have lost to 3 times in the last 2 years. Neither game last year was at the Coliseum, but this year it is. And we’re still waiting for Utah to get Cameron Rising back, which I feel like we hear about every week. It’s likely USC’s last shot at taking care of a program that’s been in their way before separating to new conferences.

God only knows if I make through those games without being stoned or piss drunk, but depending on what the Phillies do, I may be blessed with getting to see the new Heisman front runner on After Dark. Michael Penix, Jr and #5 Washington get to host an Arizona State team that only managed to put up 24 on Colorado a few weeks ago. Washington is at home and it could be fun to watch the Huskies roll them. They are 26.5 point favorites, on FS1.

#25 UCLA gets to go to the farm this week. Stanford got their big comeback win last week in Boulder, an extra day rest, and another After Dark. The Bruins are 17-point road favorites on ESPN.

Enjoy the games and I’ll let you know if I need an Uber.
The Phillies are going to the W.S and your Eagles are SB contenders. Yeah I’d be getting piss drunk every weekend if I were you lol. Enjoy the ride

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Michigan is trying to be like the Houston Astros. LOL

Last night, ESPN reported that the Michigan analyst, Connor Stalions, is at the center of the NCAA’s investigation. Stalions has since scrubbed his social media. Gone are his Twitter & Instagram pages that were active just yesterday.

In person scouting of future opponents games has been against NCAA rules for 30 years.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
I’m not saying it’s ok what Harbaugh did or downplaying this, but I really wonder how many schools are doing something similar? Sign stealing has been going on in college football for years. This to me just seems like the NCAA in its last gasp of relevance showing its power. It’s an absolute witch hunt. Harbaugh is probably NFL bound after this. Which makes me really wonder who could possibly be the next head coach at Michigan?

I don’t think the NCAA could look you in the eye and say Georgia, Alabama, OSU, Florida, Clemson etc don’t steal signs or had a complaint against them. Also why come out now! And bring this up if schools have been complaining since 2021. We’re smack down in the middle of the season and this stuff comes out. Someone in the NCAA sure has a bone to pick with Harbaugh

Reactions: Say Hey Kid and LT

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I’m not saying it’s ok what Harbaugh did or downplaying this, but I really wonder how many schools are doing something similar? Sign stealing has been going on in college football for years. This to me just seems like the NCAA in its last gasp of relevance showing its power. It’s an absolute witch hunt. Harbaugh is probably NFL bound after this. Which makes me really wonder who could possibly be the next head coach at Michigan?

I don’t think the NCAA could look you in the eye and say Georgia, Alabama, OSU, Florida, Clemson etc. don’t steal signs or had a complaint against them. Also why come out now! And bring this up if schools have been complaining since 2021. We’re smack down in the middle of the season and this stuff comes out. Someone in the NCAA sure has a bone to pick with Harbaugh.
Agreed. Probably some SEC fan. If I was an opposing coach, I wouldn't whine about it. I'd take responsibility for preventing it.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Michigan is trying to be like the Houston Astros. LOL

Last night, ESPN reported that the Michigan analyst, Connor Stalions, is at the center of the NCAA’s investigation. Stalions has since scrubbed his social media. Gone are his Twitter & Instagram pages that were active just yesterday.

In person scouting of future opponents games has been against NCAA rules for 30 years.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I’m not saying it’s ok what Harbaugh did or downplaying this, but I really wonder how many schools are doing something similar? Sign stealing has been going on in college football for years. This to me just seems like the NCAA in its last gasp of relevance showing its power.

100%

This is a nothingburger. More so, you know it's a nothingburger when even Tiger Droppings believes so.

The only college football coach they like to shit on more is Deion Sanders.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Interesting how the only two who seem bought in on the allegations are osu fans...

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Interesting how the only two who seem bought in on the allegations are osu fans...

I’m waiting for everything to come out. Too early to make any kind of assumptions on this. My thing was referencing Tiger Droppings lol.

I will say though, with the UM guy having a background in Intelligence is a HUGE advantage in recognizing signs. And I give them kudos for recognizing that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad