6. Ohio St
7. Michigan
8. Alabama
9. Michigan St
10. Oregon

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Alabama seemed to drop a bunch or passes and were had to kick field goals inside the 10.

Jimbo beat him with a backup QB and true freshman at center and right tackle. Alabama wins that game 19 out of 20 times, but they did it. Now I am a Bulldog fan.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Jimbo beat him with a backup QB and true freshman at center and right tackle. Alabama wins that game 19 out of 20 times, but they did it. Now I am a Bulldog fan.
Definitely perplexing as A&M barely beat Colorado and got pushed around by Arkansas. Another loss and they are most likely our of the playoff. Unless they lose another game and still go to Atlanta and win. That would be interesting to see what they do if that were the case. Especially if that Georgia's only loss.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Definitely perplexing as A&M barely beat Colorado and got pushed around by Arkansas. Another loss and they are most likely our of the playoff. Unless they lose another game and still go to Atlanta and win. That would be interesting to see what they do if that were the case. Especially if that Georgia's only loss.

Yea, if Georgia and Alabama each have 1 loss, I can't see how they don't pick them both unless the Big10 champ is undefeated like Iowa or......Michigan? Cinci is a lock, I think. Oklahoma sucks, but if they win out, they will be in.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Yea, if Georgia and Alabama each have 1 loss, I can't see how they don't pick them both unless the Big10 champ is undefeated like Iowa or......Michigan? Cinci is a lock, I think. Oklahoma sucks, but if they win out, they will be in.

Agreed.

If Alabama wins out and takes the SECCG by beating Georgia they will be in the playoff, and you can't exclude a 1-loss Georgia team that only lost to Alabama in the SECCG in that scenario. Alabama obviously has to win the SECCG though, whereas they didn't have to do so before.

If Cincinnati stays undefeated and impressively so it's going to be hard to keep them out but since they don't have the brand value I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA does their damndest to pick another team.

If the Big Ten champ is a 1-loss Penn State or Ohio State, I think they are strong contenders for a spot because either team would have a set of impressive wins and a conference championship, along with brand value which the NCAA has a hard-on for. Iowa only gets in if they stay undefeated and for a team that relies upon defense and turnovers and is prone to close games, there's absolutely no margin for error on their part.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I haven't seen anything from Iowa that tells me they're a top 5 or top 10 team even. Perfect storm of schedule-induced, luck-driven overrated status. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad Iowa vintage though they've certainly had better offenses before. But with better competition and fewer fortuitous breaks (like Clifford's injury), they'd go 8-5 this year.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Georgia is the best team in the country, and it really isn't close tbh. I'm so mad Texas lost, but even with that game, it has me believing we chose the right guy as the HC. going to take some lumps, I expect to see OU again in December. Big weekend for Texas, got Arch on campus and it's been leaking that Texas is the leader atm. Could be a Chris Simms recruitment.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Even given the Turmoil at the top Alabama getting more of a pass for losing to an unranked team then any other team up there.. (Referring to polls. )
4 Slots for an unranked loss.
Penn State lost 3 for a loss to a team ranked one above them.
Well looking at Oregon's loss of 5 positions it still seems light but not as bad.
And Look I think Alabama will regain spots to top 3 before the season is done unless more teams remain undefeated.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Even given the Turmoil at the top Alabama getting more of a pass for losing to an unranked team then any other team up there.. (Referring to polls. )
4 Slots for an unranked loss.
Penn State lost 3 for a loss to a team ranked one above them.
Well looking at Oregon's loss of 5 positions it still seems light but not as bad.
And Look I think Alabama will regain spots to top 3 before the season is done unless more teams remain undefeated.

Alabama still controls their own destiny in regards to making the PO's, so they have that going for them. It's a binary situation; either they win out (including the SECCG) and they get a PO spot, or they lose at least once along the way and get at best a P5 bowl.

If Georgia's undefeated going into the SECCG they'll get a spot regardless. The winner of the Big 10, if they have one loss or fewer, will contend for a spot; if it's an undefeated Iowa they definitely will get one. Cincinnati is 100% out with a loss but who on their schedule looks likely to beat them right now? The Pac-12 and ACC don't have a realistic path to the playoff IMO; Oregon losing to Stanford was the nail in the coffin and I'd eat my hat if Wake freaking Forest finishes the season unbeaten.

EDIT: I forgot Oklahoma. If they're undefeated at the end they won't be kept out but I think they're bound to slip up once along the way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama has the clout. Everyone knows you need to beat them twice. Last time that happened, they actually did go to the back of the line, going from 5 to 13. They've got Arkansas, Auburn, and presumably Georgia to end the season, that's going to be tough and if they run the table, they should be in and probably at #1

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They just got up for the game. They got the spotlight, they were in their stadium, and were ready for it. This was their national championship.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
crooked af CFB oregon beats ohio state on osu field and behind em in rankings LOL... idc if ohio state looks good now fact is both 1 loss and lost to oregon on HOME FIELD.. such bias for sec teams and osu in this sport its sickening

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
also Spencer rattler might be forced into back up qb now as oklahoma.. rumours i heard is hes abit of a diva and immature soo see how he handles that.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
They just got up for the game. They got the spotlight, they were in their stadium, and were ready for it. This was their national championship.
Basic this. they hedged their season on this. Their prospect list at the game was CRAZY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad