Pre-Game Talk: Week 6: @Seattle, Anaheim, @Dallas. Things might get ugly.

Biggest problem right now?

• Total voters

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If it makes you feel any better, Dostal is barely a backup, he's more like a 1B-type. Gibson has played 9 games, Dostal 7. I imagine Dostal will take over sooner or later, that could obviously happen even sooner if they end up trading Gibson, which should happen at some point this season.
According to this place, Gibson supposedly been on the verge of being moved for about 4 seasons now.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
JJs been the least of our defensive woes this year relative to expectations.

He's doing his job just fine out there imo. Biggest culprits are Toews and Makar relative to expectations but also Manson and G for overall play.

Analytically, JJ has outplayed Toews for most of the early season.

That one has been a been a bit shocking.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Local team won 9-1, if the inverse curse continues, we're about to get whooped by the mighty sucks of anaheim

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Analytically, JJ has outplayed Toews for most of the early season.

That one has been a been a bit shocking.

Trends still trending :laugh:, even on the opposite end of the spectrum

1700154644628.png

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
My only guess is that it had something to do with Caleb Jones' status being Emergency Loan, rather than assigned to the NHL per capfriendly.

I don't understand the semantics of that difference. We're already using LTIR and both players make equal money, so it's probably got nothing to do with it but we've sort of have a glut of dmen called up right now. Capfriendly shows 9 dmen up, although they are still confusing Kurtis MacDermid with a defensemen.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm f***ing pissed. I thought today was hockey day. I hate this scheduling. At this point, I'd welcome a back to back lol.

Haven't really looked at the schedule, but all these days off feel like they may come to bite us in the second half of the season. I'm worried a packed schedule may lead to injuries at the worst time right before the playoffs.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Haven't really looked at the schedule, but all these days off feel like they may come to bite us in the second half of the season. I'm worried a packed schedule may lead to injuries at the worst time right before the playoffs.
This year we have a slow start to the schedule due to NHL incompetence. Last season we had a slow start to the schedule due to NHL incompetence in addition to the Global Series. The two years before that were pandemic driven anomalies.

I haven't bothered to really look back pre-pandemic, but I sort of recall that we don't often have a game on opening nights. I can't remember any other seasons seeming to take this long to get started though.

I believe the inability to play consistently (or practice consistently from what I hear) is probably what is taking so long for this team to gel. They need minutes on the ice together in game situations.

Dude I just need my fix. I might re-watch game 6 vs Tampa again tonight.
That 3rd period. *chef's kiss*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad