NCAA: Week 5: Textile Bowl in the Top 10

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That's right, North Carolina State travels to Death Valley in what is somehow a top 10 matchup in a rivalry they call 'the Textile Bowl.' I don't think I've ever heard of that until I looked it up. Clemson once again will try to impress someone other than themselves with GameDay in town.

Two ranked teams will play before we even get to Saturday - BYU hosts Utah State tonight and Washington finds themselves at the Rose Bowl against UCLE on Friday.

On Saturday, #4 Michigan is in a tough spot as they head to Iowa. Not that Iowa is any good, but they've won 4 of their last 5 hosting top 5 teams. That puts Michigan on upset alert after they had issues shaking Maryland last week. Big Noon is in town.

Other ranked matchups:

Kentucky @ Ole Miss at noon.
Alabama @ Arkansas on CBS
Oklahoma State @ Baylor in the late afternoon window
Wake Forest @ Florida State ????

Also, a matchup of two teams coming off upsets, Texas Tech travels to Kansas State

Pac 12 After Dark has Stanford @ Oregon and Arizona State @ USC.

Finally, the Beavs after a tough home loss get another ranked opponent when they go to Utah (afternoon).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
USU vs BYU:
austin-powers-shoes.gif

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
UW looks like that team that bought into their own hype and slacked off just in time for a hungrier team to embarrass them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
UCLA is good. They are probably a top 20 team but almost got got by South Alabama

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to win enough $$$ to be able to pay all of the future legal fees for the Dolphins & the NFL, then go with The Bear( who again was 2-1 & is 8-4 on the season) on these gems:

Utah minus 10 over Oregon State
Iowa State minus 3 over Kansas
Purdue plus 9 & 1/2 over Minny

No Corso Headgear report today.......thoughts & prayers to Lee for a speedy recovery.

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It is with a heavy heart that I must pick Utah to cover over the Beavs

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
McAfee is doing great mic work for gameday drawing heat and playing the heel

best decision ESPN's made in years
They need a new Corso because he's not long for this world much more.

Sep 19, 2008
TCU up 27-10 end of 1
But people keep telling me that only the "good teams" win in College football :laugh:

this season has some wacky parity especially with OU beating cupcakes and looking human against KSU / TCU

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad