NCAA: Week 4: Coach Prime and the Furious: Oregon Drift

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
After having none last week, we’re finally going to get some ranked matchups, since the Pac 12 are going to start playing each other. There definitely are some delicious matchups.

You can check the board, but we have 5 games between Thursday and Friday, currently game has a spread larger than 9.5 points.

The early window on Saturday begins with a Big Ten matchups of undefeateds. That’s where the similarities end since it is Rutgers @ #2 Michigan (-24.5), and it’s only on Big Ten Network.

ABC has #4 Florida State on upset alert. After escaping Boston College with a 2-point win, they now travel to Clemson (+2.5) who all of a sudden are seeing their hold on the ACC throne fade away, but are presented a chance to get back in track.

Big Noon is actually going to give Prime a break, and instead have everyone in Cincinnati, who unfortunately lost last week, but they host #16 Oklahoma (-14.5), and that’s brought the whole crew to town, so, I guess Cincinnati will play them tough and hope people tune in.

The second window has some big ones, and none of those bigger than #19 Colorado @ #10 Oregon. The line is Oregon -21, but the big number to watch will be whatever the rating will be. ABC has the game, but not Chris and Kirk. Huge test for Coach Prime coming off an emotional win over Colorado State where they lost Travis Hunter, the difficulty level takes a big jump now that they’re into Pac 12 play.

Fox has #22 UCLA @ #11 Utah (-4.5), someone’s 0 has got to go there. Utah has been a bit low on the scoring without Cameron Rising.

CBS has #15 Ole Miss @ #13 Alabama (-6.5). Bama tried to get away from Jalen Milroe and their offense was a total mess last week in South Florida trying 2 other quarterbacks. He’s going to be back under center this week as he’s obviously their best guy.

Chris and Kirk are in Baton Rouge for a prime time SEC matchup between Arkansas and #12 LSU (-17.5), who look like they have the best offense and QB in the SEC.

Fox has another ranked game in prime time as #14 Oregon Stare (-3) heads to Pulman to battle against #21 Washington State for the actual soul of the Pac 12 as their last two remaining members sorting their shit out.

Game Day is in South Bend for a top 10 matchup that will take place at night on NBC, #6 Ohio State (-3) visits #9 Notre Dame. Questions have also loomed over Kyle McCord and Ohio State’s offense, but they put 63 on Western Kentucky in last weeks tuneup. Notre Dame has rolled in their 4 games with Sam Hartman at QB, I don’t think they should be an underdog though.

ABC has #3 Texas (-15) @ Baylor. The Longhorns were a bit sleepy last week against Wyoming and have the Red River Rivalry to look ahead to.

CBS has the last ranked matchup at night where #25 Iowa is in Happy Valley against #7 Penn State (-15). Iowa has always been known to play PSU tight and have won the last two in the series. Penn State got played tough by Illinois last week.

The two Pac 12 After Dark games will be hard pressed to combine to match last week’s ratings, but they do have two top quarterbacks, #5 USC (-35), who I don’t know if anyone’s actually seen, but look set to blow out Arizona State down in Tempe on Fox. ESPN has Cal headed to #8 Washington (-20.5). We’ll see which school puts up the most points on their opponents.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Didn't think I'd say this and I understand we lost to them twice. But I think Texas maybe looking ahead at Kansas. That offence is kinda crazy.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see a Wyoming game here with Texas, where they just pull away at the end because the Jimmy and Joe's are actually just more talented.

Also go Auburn

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LT

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

Why “wtf”? A few comments…

- It’s the annual white out game in Happy Valley. Are you at all familiar? If not, educate yourself before throwing out a “wtf”. Disrespectful. This is a bucket list item. HUGE deal.

- PSU is better than Bama. Iowa is better than Ole Miss, too.

- It’s a transition into B1G programming for CBS. The big conference on the big stage.

I’m not sure people realize just how good PSU is. OP - Illinois, at home, literally never stood a chance. The offensive performance was a bit disappointing but these things will happen from time to time for a younger QB on the road especially, but to say they “got played tough”… lol. Illinois was NEVER a threat to actually win that game. Plus, their offense literally **** their pants having to face the PSU defense. Iowa is good and PSU will still win something like 31-13. And a number of PSU fans will be annoyed they didn’t win by more.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why “wtf”? A few comments…

- It’s the annual white out game in Happy Valley. Are you at all familiar? If not, educate yourself before throwing out a “wtf”. Disrespectful. This is a bucket list item. HUGE deal.

- PSU is better than Bama. Iowa is better than Ole Miss, too.

- It’s a transition into B1G programming for CBS. The big conference on the big stage.

I’m not sure people realize just how good PSU is. OP - Illinois, at home, literally never stood a chance. The offensive performance was a bit disappointing but these things will happen from time to time for a younger QB on the road especially, but to say they “got played tough”… lol. Illinois was NEVER a threat to actually win that game. Plus, their offense literally **** their pants having to face the PSU defense. Iowa is good and PSU will still win something like 31-13. And a number of PSU fans will be annoyed they didn’t win by more.
The game was 16-7 late in the third. Penn State needed 5 turnovers to outgain Illinois by 29 yards, and barely covered. They were played tough.

Sep 19, 2008
cfb fans online like

1695381012964.jpeg

1695381064249.jpeg

@Fixed to Ruin

personally i'm fine with deion and i want them to keep winning to keep triggering the haters

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
When it comes to Deion I liken it to the comparison of when Brock Lesnar was in the UFC. You either want to see him win or watch him get his shit kicked in. There’s no middle ground.

Reactions: DaveG

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'm howling at the Iowa being better than Ole Miss. Ferentz couldn't score 25 against an old school big 12 defence, tbh

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
The game was 16-7 late in the third. Penn State needed 5 turnovers to outgain Illinois by 29 yards, and barely covered. They were played tough.
Who is your team? Guarantee Penn St could kick their a**.

I'm howling at the Iowa being better than Ole Miss. Ferentz couldn't score 25 against an old school big 12 defence, tbh
So is this what you’re going to use to excuse Penn St beating them by 3 TD’s? So many people make fun of Iowa yet they extremely rarely lose more than 4 games and are a solid model of consistency. Happy to have them in Penn St’s conference - a mid tier school but will defend their honor against most others. Typically top 25, which if that’s what you go for, awesome! It’s not easy. They’re always a great W!

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Who is your team? Guarantee Penn St could kick their a**.

So is this what you’re going to use to excuse Penn St beating them by 3 TD’s? So many people make fun of Iowa yet they extremely rarely lose more than 4 games and are a solid model of consistency. Happy to have them in Penn St’s conference - a mid tier school but will defend their honor against most others. Typically top 25, which if that’s what you go for, awesome! It’s not easy. They’re always a great W!
Does it matter what program I am a fan of? You think I care if Penn State would beat them? And by the way, they would. I don’t talk shit about them being a playoff-level program every year and then drop off the face of the earth when they fall out the mix. Maybe if you ever stuck around for an entire season you wouldn’t have to ask. By the way, you can say ‘ass.’

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to continue to brag that you are as smart as a Stanford grad, then go with Stanford Steve (who was 2-2 last week and is 6-10 on the season) on these:

UConn plus 22 vs Duke
aTm minus 9 vs Auburn
Illinois minus 15 & 1/2 over FAU
Army plus 13 over Syracuse

And if you want to earn enough $$$$$ to pay former Bears DC Alan Williams' legal fees, then go with The Bear on these Showdown Saturday tilts:

Texas TT over 33.5
Mississippi State+6.5 vs South Carolina
FIU+10.5 vs Liberty
Ball State+6.5 vs Georgia Southern
Texas A&M-7.5 vs Auburn
Tulsa+4 vs Northern Illinois
San Jose State+6 vs Air Force

Reactions: GKJ

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Does it matter what program I am a fan of? You think I care if Penn State would beat them? And by the way, they would. I don’t talk shit about them being a playoff-level program every year and then drop off the face of the earth when they fall out the mix. Maybe if you ever stuck around for an entire season you wouldn’t have to ask. By the way, you can say ‘ass.’
Come on homie, don't humor him, you're better than this.

Reactions: DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
@GKJ If you want to continue to brag that you are as smart as a Stanford grad, then go with Stanford Steve (who was 2-2 last week and is 6-10 on the season) on these:

UConn plus 22 vs Duke
aTm minus 9 vs Auburn
Illinois minus 15 & 1/2 over FAU
Army plus 13 over Syracuse

And if you want to earn enough $$$$$ to pay former Bears DC Alan Williams' legal fees, then go with The Bear on these Showdown Saturday tilts:

Texas TT over 33.5
Mississippi State+6.5 vs South Carolina
FIU+10.5 vs Liberty
Ball State+6.5 vs Georgia Southern
Texas A&M-7.5 vs Auburn
Tulsa+4 vs Northern Illinois
San Jose State+6 vs Air Force
Ball State and Georgia Southern?

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection....from South Bend, IN.......where Dolphins TE Durham Smythe honed his skillz!! :yo:

Factoid: Lee is 8-4 when donning the Leprechaun and 26-13 when donning Brutus :nod:

Sign of the Day: "I wanted to make a joke about OSU, but Michigan has the past 2 years" :laugh: :laugh:

Celebrity Picker: Noted movie star who was in the classic "Rudy" and avid Irish fan Vince Vaughn, who of course has the Irish tonight. :nod:

Lee: Reminds us he picked Brutus more than anyone else, but its hard to go against the Irish at night......and with a green tie on he faked out and angered the crowd once again by donning Brutus!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Auburn and aTm in a battle of the aristocrats down there

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Auburn and aTm in a battle of the aristocrats down there

This has been a painful game to watch

but now we've got MAXIMUM JOHNSON at the helm (Weigman out with an ankle injury)

JOHNSON to JOHNSON touchdown!

Reactions: GKJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad