NCAA: Week 2: Duel in the Heat

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Feature games:

Alabama -20 @ Texas is Big Noon on Fox projected high 95°F, sunny, probably humid as shit

USC 8.5 @ Stanford prime time ABC

Ranked matchups -
Tennessee -6 @ Pittsburgh (afternoon ABC)
Kentucky @ Florida -6 prime time on ESPN
Baylor @ BYU -3 after dark

Also:
Hawaii @ Michigan -51
The Beavs (-1) head to Fresno on CBSSN

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I think Texas covers tomorrow. But I’m more interested to see what it means for our season. We are really really young on offence. A 55-7 game or something crazy may create a spiral like last years OU game.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's very funny Saban had to learn from the media the Big 12 made the horns down hand sign into a taunting penalty. I get why he wouldn't know. He's not used to the idea of a school being both so thin skinned as well as so powerful in their conference to be able to get this kind of special rule put in place.

I also wonder how Texas is going to handle going to the SEC where rules won't be written to protect their delicate feelings.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
It's very funny Saban had to learn from the media the Big 12 made the horns down hand sign into a taunting penalty. I get why he wouldn't know. He's not used to the idea of a school being both so thin skinned as well as so powerful in their conference to be able to get this kind of special rule put in place.

I also wonder how Texas is going to handle going to the SEC where rules won't be written to protect their delicate feelings.

Lol.

Your depth chart take and now this. You are on a roll. Keep it going!

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Am I wrong here?
Well yes, the AD and players don’t really care if it is or isn’t a penalty.

For the fact it’s a penalty, it’s no different then when a player holsters a gun against tech or throws up a peace sign when they blow past them. It’s taunting. If it’s not a rule when we go to the SEC, we aren’t going to care.

Anyways. I think today is going to be the game that makes Texas go 4 freshman on the offensive line. Our senior right tackle is pretty bad, and I assume that is going to be very noticeable today.

My score prediction 45-27 Bama. They’ll get a special teams touchdown or a turnover by the defence in plus territory.

The roster talent composite for offence is rather close. Defence it’s like Alabama by probably a long long range.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Roll Tide baby.

They are going to eat the Longhorns lunch today and we can fire up the “is Texas back?” speedometer.

Future Seahawk Bryce Young puts up 5 TDs.

My son has hockey evaluations this morning so will have to PVR most of this one.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to earn enough $$$$ to fund Lamar Jackson's next contract, then go with The Bear (who was 2-1 last week) on these matchups:

aTm minus 18.5 over App. State
Kentucky plus 6 over The Gata
Miss. State minus 10.5 over Arizona

• Haha
Reactions: Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
@GKJ If you want to earn enough $$$$ to fund Lamar Jackson's next contract, then go with The Bear (who was 2-1 last week) on these matchups:

I’m very curious about that A&M game. The defence is a lot better than North Carolina, but offence not at all

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I have to say by the way, last week I was 15-2. Too bad I don’t actually bet.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection......."We're Back".....in Austin, TX....where Jordan Spieth & 2022 PGA Player of the Year Scottie Scheffler honed their skillz! :yo:

Factoid: Lee is 21-10 when donning The Elephant, and 7-5 when donning Bevo. :nod:

Sign of the day: "'Bama fans would hate this sign if they could read it" :laugh:

Celebrity Picker: Glen "Hangman" Powell, from "Top Gun, Maverick", a Texas alum, who obviously thinks that Texas will indeed be back after this game! :yo: :amazed:

Lee: Says his record is 6-1 when doing headgear picks at Texas......his only loss was when he picked Texas, so he dons The Elephant :biglaugh:

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well yes, the AD and players don’t really care if it is or isn’t a penalty.

For the fact it’s a penalty, it’s no different then when a player holsters a gun against tech or throws up a peace sign when they blow past them. It’s taunting. If it’s not a rule when we go to the SEC, we aren’t going to care.

Anyways. I think today is going to be the game that makes Texas go 4 freshman on the offensive line. Our senior right tackle is pretty bad, and I assume that is going to be very noticeable today.

My score prediction 45-27 Bama. They’ll get a special teams touchdown or a turnover by the defence in plus territory.

The roster talent composite for offence is rather close. Defence it’s like Alabama by probably a long long range.
Pretending Longhorns fans don’t care about the horns down…. Come on. I live here.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Texas finally got a 3rd down stop on like the 5th try

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Back to back strong defensive plays by Texas to force a FG attempt. Tackle for loss followed by a sack.

FG is good.

3-0

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Bama’s o-Line has been rough last year and so far this year don’t know why

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad