NFL GDT: Week 17

TheGreenTBer

Generational Lesson Learner
Apr 30, 2021
Hackett is nothing without Rodgers. Sure, I might be biased because I had to suffer through his wretched playcalling for a bit when he was with the Bills but he is overrated . I understand Rodgers won back to back MVPs under him but that was more on him than Hacks.
The Jets are stupid enough to put all their eggs in the basket of a 40-year old coming off of a massive injury that will play behind a stinkfist of an OL.

They're just delaying the teardown for a year to gouge the fans out of false hope ticket money.

f*** this team from top to bottom.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Browns vs AFCS winner looks like a set match ... I understand that they're still in play for division and #1 seed but I think they will get the 5th spot.... My condolences to the AFCS champ.

I forgot that the Colts almost beat them ( and should've ) in a shootout but I think the Browns would stomp them in a rematch.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And with that, the Browns become arguably the most dangerous team at the dance.

With Flacco playing like he is and that defense? I would put them against anybody.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t know how often I’ve heard Joe Flacco speak at length, but this guy sounds every part of South Jersey

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

With Flacco playing like he is and that defense? I would put them against anybody.
Crazy that Flacco has been like a backup for NYJ when Cleveland could have just signed him and not acquired Watson? And have plenty of future cap space and those draft picks.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Crazy that Flacco has been like a backup for NYJ when Cleveland could have just signed him and not acquired Watson? And have plenty of future cap space and those draft picks.
i feel like motivation is a big thing for him. he was put into a good spot in cleveland with weapons around him and has been playing well. not to mention that he knows this is his last shot at winning another title

in denver, NY, and even his last couple seasons with the ravens on teams that weren't so great, he looked done and very much unmotivated

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Congrats to the Browns and their fans for making the playoffs. As a Jets fan, there's nothing more you can say, they literally sold their soul for a 39 year QB behind a piss poor OL + roster management and got all of Rodgers's buddies in GB only for it to completely blow up in their faces. The Browns are proof that the Jets could've made the playoffs with a legit plan. Browns lost their stud RB week 2 of the season, lost their tackles, lost Watson (idc what you say but no one expected them to do anything once he got hurt + them getting Flacco is way more the Jets did after Rodgers went down) and didn't have their WR1 who just went nuclear the week prior. Douglas should be out of his job for his poor construction of this roster as a whole + Saleh should be out of his job because of how poor this team came out for certain games + game management but neither will be fired and the Jets will miss the playoffs for a 14th straight year next year.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't want to hear anyone complaining about Jets fans' apathy.

This shithole team doesn't deserve anywhere close to the number of fans it has.

What do you mean? Lol

I've only seen other fanbases truly say how shit out of luck we are. I have a Lions buddy who legit said he can't even argue that the Jets have had it far worse than the Lions and the Lions haven't won a playoff game in his lifetime, mind you. As a Jets fan for about 15 years, this is the most apathetic I've been to end a season. These last 2 games, this one against Cleveland and the one against Washington, I literally had PS5 plugged on while having the game streaming in the background, I truly don't care what this franchise does because it's clear they don't care about a winning football team. I haven't seen them in the playoffs since I was in high school, I'm a f***ing full blown adult now with a family of my own :laugh:. The only other sports franchise that is able to say that is the Buffalo Sabres.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
As a Browns fan, clinching infront of a home-crowd was amazing to watch, not sure I've seen that since I was a diehard fan. This team's list of injuries is insane. I will say, given prior comments I've made about Joe Flacco, it's insane to watch him step up like this for us.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
As a Browns fan, clinching infront of a home-crowd was amazing to watch, not sure I've seen that since I was a diehard fan. This team's list of injuries is insane. I will say, given prior comments I've made about Joe Flacco, it's insane to watch him step up like this for us.
Good point. I need to go do a search and delete any posts I've made over the years about how Flacco was good but not great.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
i feel like motivation is a big thing for him. he was put into a good spot in cleveland with weapons around him and has been playing well. not to mention that he knows this is his last shot at winning another title

in denver, NY, and even his last couple seasons with the ravens on teams that weren't so great, he looked done and very much unmotivated
Well, he's not a mobile guy and right now, he is playing without 2 starting OT. Is the current Cleveland OL still better than what was in Denver? I know NYJ is a mess.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I’d say Bills, Allen has the ability to take over in a playoff game

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Well, he's not a mobile guy and right now, he is playing without 2 starting OT. Is the current Cleveland OL still better than what was in Denver? I know NYJ is a mess.
I know Stefanski is a heavy favorite for Coach of the Year, but I would say the two guys who deserve the most credit on the coaching staff right now are Bill Callahan and Jim Schwartz. If there was a HHOF for position coaches, Callahan would be in for how much he coaches up offensive lines.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I know Stefanski is a heavy favorite for Coach of the Year, but I would say the two guys who deserve the most credit on the coaching staff right now are Bill Callahan and Jim Schwartz. If there was a HHOF for position coaches, Callahan would be in for how much he coaches up offensive lines.
Every contender for coach of the year is going to have a good staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad