NFL GDT: Week 17

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Browns are shutting Baker down. He's going to miss the final game and have surgery.
5th year already picked and is guaranteed. Might as well shut him down. They didn’t know that they were eliminated til Sunday and he had taken the reps during practice.

Honestly what upgrade is there?

Pitt, Denver, Wash, Carolina, New Orleans will be looking. Minnesota would if they can move off Cousins. Houston, no clue what they see in Mills so far. Unwise to spend their top pick on this years class of QBs.

I would bet that Rodgers stays in GB. Wilson it’s up to him. But he has certain markets in mind that also need to fit for his wife Ciara. Watson has a no trade so he calls the shots there. Plus he may miss games next season as well due to suspension.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
5th year already picked and is guaranteed. Might as well shut him down. They didn’t know that they were eliminated til Sunday and he had taken the reps during practice.

Honestly what upgrade is there?

Pitt, Denver, Wash, Carolina, New Orleans will be looking. Minnesota would if they can move off Cousins. Houston, no clue what they see in Mills so far. Unwise to spend their top pick on this years class of QBs.

I would bet that Rodgers stays in GB. Wilson it’s up to him. But he has certain markets in mind that also need to fit for his wife Ciara. Watson has a no trade so he calls the shots there. Plus he may miss games next season as well due to suspension.
There may not be a realistic better option. We saw several veteran QBs move this past off-season and may see more this off-season. But wanting a QB and getting one remains two points very far apart.

Baker may remain the Browns starter next season by default no matter what the coach or front office wants.

But the drama should be interesting.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Baker will get a 5th year. His labrum injury will be enough of an excuse for the Browns to give him one last shot.

If you look at it from the Browns perspective, most of the options out there are either a) not all that much of an upgrade on Baker (Cousins, Jimmy G, Carr) where it's worth sending assets out to get them or b) the guy will have to want to come to Cleveland (Russ, Watson) when it's clear they have other destinations in mind. Especially in Wilson's case where he wants the bright lights of NYC and the Giants have the assets to make a deal happen if they so choose.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Baker will get a 5th year. His labrum injury will be enough of an excuse for the Browns to give him one last shot.

If you look at it from the Browns perspective, most of the options out there are either a) not all that much of an upgrade on Baker (Cousins, Jimmy G, Carr) where it's worth sending assets out to get them or b) the guy will have to want to come to Cleveland (Russ, Watson) when it's clear they have other destinations in mind. Especially in Wilson's case where he wants the bright lights of NYC and the Giants have the assets to make a deal happen if they so choose.
Carr is a guy the Raiders won’t trade unless they are forced to. Put him in a bar below Wilson and Watson.
Jimmy, the 49ers need that cap space to upgrade the roster to support Lance. Have to move him. But he’s like baker and Goff who need a supporting cast. He’s not carrying a depleted roster.

cousins contract is insane. Vikings can’t move off him. The Man is a $45 mill dead cap hit. His 2 year extension was fully guaranteed.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

What a tool. He sounds like one of us shitposters except he actually should be taking his role seriously.

He is an idiot so this take isn't surprising

And frankly voters like him should not have a vote

Bingo. What a disgrace.

I despise Aaron Rodgers but he's as valuable to his team as any player in the league. If you have voting responsibility then leave your personal feelings out of it.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
What a tool. He sounds like one of us shitposters except he actually should be taking his role seriously.

Bingo. What a disgrace.

I despise Aaron Rodgers but he's as valuable to his team as any player in the league. If you have voting responsibility then leave your personal feelings out of it.
Just devils advocate...
Lieing about being vexed to my is cheating a drug test..therefore misconduct?
If that is what he is referring to.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hall of fame decides who gets the votes don’t they? Should rescind those of people who don’t follow the procedures of the voting process in terms of factors to consider.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hall of fame decides who gets the votes don’t they? Should rescind those of people who don’t follow the procedures of the voting process in terms of factors to consider.
The official criteria of the hall of fame includes judgement of character, so technically if Rodgers shit in their cheerios on purpose, that's part of the consideration

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The official criteria of the hall of fame includes judgement of character, so technically if Rodgers shit in their cheerios on purpose, that's part of the consideration

Did they change that? That was not the case as I remember one voter saying he would have to consider Darren Sharper for his on-field work despite the sexual misconduct and rapes

Sharper's HOF nomination causes national outcry

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did they change that? That was not the case as I remember one voter saying he would have to consider Darren Sharper for his on-field work despite the sexual misconduct and rapes
Well, he is an idiot for suggesting that, but to my knowledge it hasn’t changed.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I found the article from 2016 and added it, where the HOF states there is no Character clause
Living about his Vax is team related by putting teammates at risk if it be health or positive test and missing games.. If that's his reason for him thinking AR is a jerk..

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I found the article from 2016 and added it, where the HOF states there is no Character clause
Maybe I have it confused with baseball then. But if it’s not official, it’s definitely unofficial. They kept Owens out the first two years.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
hard-rock-stadium-miami-1024x576.jpg

Uncle Ronnie says "Come on Down NFL"! :laugh:

Bluesish

Embrace Mediocracy
Nov 19, 2011
Rust Belt, USA
Living about his Vax is team related by putting teammates at risk if it be health or positive test and missing games.. If that's his reason for him thinking AR is a jerk..
Hub covers Chicago sports. My guess is he is a salty bastard about Rodgers telling Bears fans that he owns them.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Hub covers Chicago sports. My guess is he is a salty bastard about Rodgers telling Bears fans that he owns them.
I heard the interview and part of his reason is lieing about being vaxed which I agree with only cause he lied and missed the KC game because of it.
Also his holdout and wanting more personal control of the team.. shouldn't effect the voting but whatever..

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Florio and Simms are saying that the number of games played per season doesn't matter to season all time records set. If it takes me 14 games and you 17 games, that doesn't matter? :rolleyes: Then Jordan's 30.1 PPG (which includes the Wizards) doesn't matter, because full season records are the only thing that matters. :sarcasm:

MVP Rodgers :rolleyes: missed a loss and teammates may have missed games due to him not following protocols. That's on the field, not off the field.

AB is gone!

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not saying this is true, but some guy who was a hack started the same thing about Wentz, that seemed inconceivable and had teammates rushing to his defense, calling the reporter out, and that became a 2-year shitshow.

So if this is a problem, better deal with it now.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
A lot of athletes play the “no one ever believed in me thing” to get motivation. Baker takes it to another level because he spends way too much time reading what reporters say about him and reading what people say online. He then lashes out constantly, which only lets the world know he reads the clippings.

Heck we have him here replying to Cabot, which is just embarrassing for an athlete to do, especially when she is probably the writer who defends him most of all Cleveland media. Don’t let the world know all it takes is a very mild article like this to get under your skin.

He rides a rollercoaster of emotion, and it makes him a frustrating guy to watch. This cycle remains true, but he remained stuck in the top box for most of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad