NFL GDT: Week 15 - Part 2

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
To me it sounded like Norman was simply getting his piece in. Beckham was obviously talking **** and trying to fight Norman. Norman waited until they won and Beckham was done being an ass to say his piece, which makes him look better.

I have no problem with it. Beckham acted similarly against Dallas in Primetime (the one the Giants blew with like 2 minutes left.) Kid needs to be told to tone it down.

It actually makes him look worse since you didn't see OBJ whining to ESPN.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Norman bodyslammed him in the first few minutes of the game, that was the first physical encounter of any substance between the two. Why is everybody ignoring that?

cool, give him a 15 yard penalty like he should have got.

Norman started it so are you trying to say he should get suspended too or something? Nothing Norman did was suspension worthy. "starting it" isn't suspension worthy. There was lots of stuff worthy of personal fouls in the game, the only thing suspension worthy was what OBJ did launching himself into Norman's head.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No but i saw OBJ acting like a petulant child on the field, which automatically makes it worse.

The bats thing is a non-story too. Panthers aren't the first team to carry a baseball bat or bats as some type of pre-game symbolism. I seem to recall the Saints and Deuce McAllister having a very similar tradition. It also shows how weak Beckham is mentally if he seriously thought someone was going to take a shot at him with one of those bats. lmao.

Norman wasn't whining either. He was gloating. hence the post of Beckham's famous catch superimposed to have him catching the letter L instead of a football. Someone is mad their little diva WR got rattled (and i'm not even a Panther fan)

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The very first thing Norman did when he got off the field was go to the media and ***** about OBJ. And pretend that he did nothing wrong. Norman is a loser.

Huh. That's weird, I don't see that reported anywhere, nor is it in a lengthy part of his post game interview.

He's pissed because he seemed to think he was a great guy a few days ago. Norman is going to say what he thinks of you. He's not ************ here.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Huh. That's weird, I don't see that reported anywhere, nor is it in a lengthy part of his post game interview.

He's pissed because he seemed to think he was a great guy a few days ago. Norman is going to say what he thinks of you. He's not ************ here.

He came out and said that everything he did on the field was within the rules and feels he shouldn't have been flagged for anything. Are you serious? :laugh:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Beckham is a *****, end of story.

The bat thing has been done by other teams before with no accusations, there is zero chance they would have been able to use said bat on Beckham and Beckham is a weakminded baby if he actually believes such.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Uh, yes. That's literally the same exact thing that I just said. Norman is whining that what he did was within the rules. Which it clearly wasn't.

Beckham is a *****, end of story.

The bat thing has been done by other teams before with no accusations, there is zero chance they would have been able to use said bat on Beckham and Beckham is a weakminded baby if he actually believes such.

Name me one team that had a player bring a bat onto the field, walk over to the other team, and start pointing it at them (all while yelling and allegedly threatening) and then had to be restrained.

Sitting there and saying that this is a regular thing and is somehow OK is laughable.

At the end of the day, there is literally zero reason for the NFL to be dumb enough to even allow baseball bats onto the field in the first place.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Uh, yes. That's literally the same exact thing that I just said. Norman is whining that what he did was within the rules. Which it clearly wasn't.

Name me one team that had a player bring a bat onto the field, walk over to the other team, and start pointing it at them (all while yelling and allegedly threatening) and then had to be restrained.

Sitting there and saying that this is a regular thing and is somehow OK is laughable.

At the end of the day, there is literally zero reason for the NFL to be dumb enough to even allow baseball bats onto the field in the first place.

Running back Reggie Bush ran on to the field at the Superdome before the New Orleans Saints' 2009 playoff game against the Arizona Cardinals holding a black wooden bat.
Earlier that week coach Sean Payton gave every player a bat with the words "Bring the Wood!" emblazoned on the barrel of each one.
The Oakland Raiders have also brought out bats before playoff games in the past as a source of motivation and symbolism.
The bat apparently lost some of its mojo on Sunday as the Giants rallied from a 28-point second half deficit. The Panthers escaped on a last-second field goal by Graham Gano to remain undefeated.

http://www.brandonsun.com/sports/fo...t-hyped-didnt-taunt-wr-beckham-363176421.html

Looks like bats are all over the place.

I'm willing to bet some of them have been pointed at other players. Just cause your NJ Giants lost, you want to find a way to stand up for your guy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Running back Reggie Bush ran on to the field at the Superdome before the New Orleans Saints' 2009 playoff game against the Arizona Cardinals holding a black wooden bat.
Earlier that week coach Sean Payton gave every player a bat with the words "Bring the Wood!" emblazoned on the barrel of each one.
The Oakland Raiders have also brought out bats before playoff games in the past as a source of motivation and symbolism.
The bat apparently lost some of its mojo on Sunday as the Giants rallied from a 28-point second half deficit. The Panthers escaped on a last-second field goal by Graham Gano to remain undefeated.

http://www.brandonsun.com/sports/fo...t-hyped-didnt-taunt-wr-beckham-363176421.html

Looks like bats are all over the place.

I'm willing to bet some of them have been pointed at other players. Just cause your NJ Giants lost, you want to find a way to stand up for your guy.

:facepalm:

Literally not what I asked. I specifically asked the following (since I obviously have to re-state what I asked since you clearly either ignored it purposefully or didn't read it):

By the way, I'm also not "standing up" for Beckham. I just endorse what he did. It was absolutely dirty and cheap. Yet I am glad he did it. You're unable to admit your players did wrong. I, on the other hand, admit it and embrace it. That's the difference, here. You're unable to admit that your thug of a player pointed a bat and threatened a player (or players) on the Giants.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
:facepalm:

Literally not what I asked. I specifically asked the following (since I obviously have to re-state what I asked since you clearly either ignored it purposefully or didn't read it):

By the way, I'm also not "standing up" for Beckham. I just endorse what he did. It was absolutely dirty and cheap. Yet I am glad he did it. You're unable to admit your players did wrong. I, on the other hand, admit it and embrace it. That's the difference, here. You're unable to admit that your thug of a player pointed a bat and threatened a player (or players) on the Giants.

It's most likely have happened. But no one else has been a little ***** about it. It's a mans game, can't take being taunted? Now ever team knows how to make him lose his ****.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's most likely have happened. But no one else has been a little ***** about it. It's a mans game, can't take being taunting? Now ever team knows how to make him lose his ****.

Wait. So now we should just accept your players acting like absolute thugs and threatening other players? Give me a break. Either endorse the behavior and embrace it or call them out on it. This straddling the line stuff is ridiculous.

Glad to know that you couldn't answer the question, though. Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever heard of a player threatening another guy with a ****ing baseball bat on the field during a NFL game.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
This just makes ODBjr look more like a little *****.

th

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
This just makes ODBjr look more like a little *****.

th

Nah, it actually makes Norman look like a *****. OBJ handled his own **** and blasted Norman in the face with his helmet. The guy whining to the media about it afterwards is pretty much the ***** in this situation. Not really sure how you could possibly say otherwise. Norman got smacked in the mouth like a *****. Norman wanted nothing of OBJ after that. If he hadn't swung at OBJ on that play, he likely doesn't take a helmet to the face.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Nah, it actually makes Norman look like a *****. OBJ handled his own **** and blasted Norman in the face with his helmet. The guy whining to the media about it afterwards is pretty much the ***** in this situation. Not really sure how you could possibly say otherwise. Norman got smacked in the mouth like a *****. Norman wanted nothing of OBJ after that. If he hadn't swung at OBJ on that play, he likely doesn't take a helmet to the face.

He ran 15 yards after the play was over to try to hurt him.

What's so hard for you to understand here?

Because he taunted him hours prior?

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Wait. So now we should just accept your players acting like absolute thugs and threatening other players? Give me a break. Either endorse the behavior and embrace it or call them out on it. This straddling the line stuff is ridiculous.

Glad to know that you couldn't answer the question, though. Pretty sure this is the first time I've ever heard of a player threatening another guy with a ****ing baseball bat on the field during a NFL game.

Lol, so pathetic. You act like **** talking doesn't happen all the time.

Did Norman take a swing at him in practice? No, if he did, he would probably been facing jail time.

14-0. I don't have to justify anything. Our record speaks for itself.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He ran 15 yards after the play was over to try to hurt him.

What's so hard for you to understand here?

Because he taunted him hours prior?

Are you serious with this? I'm not saying what OBJ did wasn't dirty or wasn't cheap. It absolutely was. Read what I've written. I approve of his dirty play. I have no idea why this is so difficult. It was absolutely a dirty play . . . and I approve of it.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Lol, so pathetic. You act like **** talking doesn't happen all the time.

Did Norman take a swing at him in practice? No, if he did, he would probably been facing jail time.

14-0. I don't have to justify anything. Our record speaks for itself.

So you still won't either criticize the literal threatening or embrace it? Yeesh. I have to faceplam at that, man. Sort of figured you'd be one to at least embrace the dark side a bit here and embrace the tactics that obviously worked. A bit surprised to see you try and defend it and then pretend it wasn't threatening.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is absurd. Calling this threatening is ridiculous. Players tell each other "I'm gonna **** you up" all the time. That's a threat too. Big whoop.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
So you still won't either criticize the literal threatening or embrace it? Yeesh. I have to faceplam at that, man. Sort of figured you'd be one to at least embrace the dark side a bit here and embrace the tactics that obviously worked. A bit surprised to see you try and defend it and then pretend it wasn't threatening.

It's called taunting, nothing came of it, him and his homies didn't roll up in a 64 and cap him. It's called mind games. Like Rounda tried and failed.

Had he hit him with the bat, I would call foul.

Unsustainable

Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Yeah. Players walk over with bats to a team entering the field and threatening them all the time. :sarcasm:

It's all just motivation, guys!

I gave you examples of players with bats all the time. Think back during the Raiders early years and Mean Joe Green.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's called taunting, nothing came of it, him and his homies didn't roll up in a 64 and cap him. It's called mind games. Like Rounda tried and failed.

Had he hit him with the bat, I would call foul.

It's far and above the taunting you see in a NFL game. Far and above. Threatening a guy with a baseball bat is absurd. Again, you guys brought this upon yourselves. Threatening the team with a bat and all of Norman's antics on the field? I fully approve of what OBJ did. Norman is a complete scum bag who has never had a problem trying to injure guys (his eye gouging of Hurns that he admitted to and all).

What comes around goes around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad