NFL GDT: Week 14

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I agree with the broadcast. Some questionable coaching in that 4th quarter.

Rams and Stafford deserved this game anyway.

Stafford again showed why he was such an unheralded gamebreaker for over 10 years. Him and Romo are two guys who had next-level grit but rarely got credit for it, especially the latter.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The o-line took away any hope of a chance on this final possession with the two penalties and then failing to bother blocking anyone on the last snap.
Was that last snap supposed to be a spike? Seemed that’s what the OL expected.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Stafford again showed why he was such an unheralded gamebreaker for over 10 years. Him and Romo are two guys who had next-level grit but rarely got credit for it, especially the latter.
Losing efforts in Detroit will do that ,happy for him being on a good team. Glad he didn't end up like Sam Darnold with the Jets.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Surely the excuses for Lawrence have to stop at some point. Hopefully next year it gets settled when Meyer is gone.

It's just hard to see how any QB could have any real success or look consistently good on that Jacksonville team. It's a total mess. I'd have to be concerned, not about Lawrence's talent, but if the organization can recover from this disaster year and be competent enough to build around him and not ruin him and make him go through another hellish season. I'd be scared if i was a jax fan

If Lawrence stepped into a situation like Patrick Mahomes for example did, the conversations going around about him would be much different

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Mahomes isn’t the situation people think. He very obviously should’ve been starting in year 1. May have cost them a super bowl appearance.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Mahomes isn’t the situation people think. He very obviously should’ve been starting in year 1. May have cost them a super bowl appearance.
Hard to really argue that Chiefs did anything wrong with having him sit a year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hard to really argue that Chiefs did anything wrong with having him sit a year.
Other than waste a year of his talent? That’s kind of a big one. I’d be pretty mad about that especially if they didn’t already have a Super Bowl since. He clearly should’ve been on the field and playing given what we know now about him now. Very obviously cost them a better chance at going to a Super Bowl, and getting to play against Brady in the playoffs a year earlier.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Other than waste a year of his talent? That’s kind of a big one. I’d be pretty mad about that especially if they didn’t already have a Super Bowl since. He clearly should’ve been on the field and playing given what we know now about him now. Very obviously cost them a better chance at going to a Super Bowl, and getting to play against Brady in the playoffs a year earlier.
You're really just speculating and ignoring that maybe sitting his rookie year is what helped him play well and be prepared his 2nd year. I think playing that first year could have altered his progression. Sure he could have played his first season, but I don't think there is anyway he has the type of season he has without sitting that rookie year.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You're really just speculating and ignoring that maybe sitting his rookie year is what helped him play well and be prepared his 2nd year. I think playing that first year could have altered his progression. Sure he could have played his first season, but I don't think there is anyway he has the type of season he has without sitting that rookie year.
Quarterbacks make their biggest jump from years 1 to 2. It’s more likely that his development is as stunted by sitting the entire season apart from 1 game.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Quarterbacks make their biggest jump from years 1 to 2. It’s more likely that his development is as stunted by sitting the entire season apart from 1 game.
We will never know.

Personally I trust Reed to know what's best for his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad