NFL GDT: Week 14

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Cardinals gonna clown pound the Vikings tonight.

Short week, road game, 4 starters (including 3 best players) out on Defense.

The Vikings starting Safeties tonight are likely to be Shaun Prater and Anthony Harris. Harris was on the Practice Squad as of Monday and Prater was just re-signed after being cut in Camp. :facepalm:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
JJ Watt broke his hand in practice yesterday but will play against the Patriots, per Schefty

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Fitz finna go in dry on the Vikings tonight.

Smith is out, Barr is out. Two pretty big pieces to the Vikings defense.

I like Arizona big in this one. That defense is going to get abused. All Arizona has to do is take AP out of the game and dare Bridgewater to throw. He's been horrible this season.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fitz finna go in dry on the Vikings tonight.

Smith is out, Barr is out. Two pretty big pieces to the Vikings defense.

I like Arizona big in this one. That defense is going to get abused. All Arizona has to do is take AP out of the game and dare Bridgewater to throw. He's been horrible this season.

I think that's an exaggeration but he has been inconsistent and hasn't taken that step many people thought he would in his second season. It seems crazy to say but I've said it since early in the season, adding Peterson to this offense might have hurt Teddy more than it has helped. At this stage of his development, he's at his best making quick decisions out of the shotgun. That's what he did so well in the second half of last season. However, Peterson can't run out of shotgun so they have Teddy under center for the most part, where he's struggling. He has to own it as well because he can be much better but he's also not in his comfort zone. Norv making him take seven-step drops behind this OL and with these WRs isn't helping him one bit either.

Maybe he's just not good enough right now so they'd rather roll with Peterson. I just hope they're not hurting his development by catering to a 30 year old RB who probably only has one more year left with the team.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Terence Newman is starting at safety in Smith's spot.

Trae Waynes is replacing Newman and getting his first career start.

Anthony Harris, who is an undrafted rookie just brought up from the practice squad, makes his first career start at the other safety spot.

Edmond Robinson, who is a rookie 7th round pick, is replacing Barr and also making his first career start.

Lets do this.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lmao this opening.

You can tell McCain at least had fun with that, Franken looks amuse too.

All i ask is for a good game. Money's on the Cards, but i don't really care if they win.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Vikings defense looked like swiss cheese until the Cards got down to the 10yd line. My only hope for them is they at least keep it competitive tonight.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Whole lot of checkdowns by Bridgewater on that drive.

Interesting thing about Bridgwater is his numbers almost mirror what they were last year. I initially assumed he was doing poorly this year, likely because i only seen him at his worst;

Completion percentage: 64.8 (up from 64.4 last year)
TD's: 8 (on pace to match his total of 14 last year)
INT's: 8 (around the pace of the 12 he threw last year, maybe less)
YPA: 6.91 (down from 7.26 last year)

The plus side is he isn't regressing. The down side is those numbers still really aren't that spectacular. Everyone always says year 3 is the big one so i guess we'll see.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
That was a terrible angle by #24. Use the sideline as your friend and wedge him out. Giving up 25 is better than 65.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
That touchdown by AP was a thing of beauty.

That was a great touchdown pass by Palmer on the following drive too.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There were 3 guys near Brown, how did none of them bump him out?

Whoever that was who just swatted at him needs to be benched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad