NCAA GDT: Week 14: Championship Weekend

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just watching this team all year, if OSU wins - I think they should be in. HOWEVER, I think Bama would have a better chance at beating a playoff team. For what the committee wants, I think OSU fits the bill. But honestly Bama would have a better chance of winning.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Haven't read through the thread but what is the consensus here if Ohio State just holds on.

They're in or Alabama gets another shot?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Wasn't expecting turf surgery.

My money's still on Alabama getting in if Ohio State wins but Wisconsin getting in if they win.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Haven't read through the thread but what is the consensus here if Ohio State just holds on.

Nobody knows. Alabama probably gets it and honestly I’m hoping it happens. Outrage would be big and the commitee hopefully doesn’t choose anymore and we expand to 6 (pref 8)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

I have no idea. I think tOSU would get in but I can see Alabama getting in. If you let tOSU in that opens a can of worms. Why not Penn State last year or USC, who has played a tremendous schedule.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Just watching this team all year, if OSU wins - I think they should be in. HOWEVER, I think Bama would have a better chance at beating a playoff team. For what the committee wants, I think OSU fits the bill. But honestly Bama would have a better chance of winning.

Alabama is in if OSU wins. Beating Wisconsin with their weak schedule isn't enough to overcome two losses for OSU vs one for Bama.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I have no idea. I think tOSU would get in but I can see Alabama getting in. If you let tOSU in that opens a can of worms. Why not Penn State last year or USC, who has played a tremendous schedule.

I think 2 sec teams being in is worse. We got the playoffs cause we had 2 sec teams in a final. It could happen again. And there’s no argument like they really are the two best (they kind of were), also they aren’t the best conference anymore. They are like 3rd or 4th

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Nobody knows. Alabama probably gets it and honestly I’m hoping it happens. Outrage would be big and the commitee hopefully doesn’t choose anymore and we expand to 6 (pref 8)

Expansion will happen sooner than later. Money rules everything.

I'm not factoring in Wisconsin. If they win, they're in period.

But I'm curious if a close win by Ohio State and the division title will be enough to overlook the Iowa loss. I think Auburn getting routed didn't do any favors for Alabama either.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Chryst outfoxed Schiano. He spotted the ball on the right hash so he had room to run that clear out drag. Schiano never flipped his safeties.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Alabama is in if OSU wins. Beating Wisconsin with their weak schedule isn't enough to overcome two losses for OSU vs one for Bama.

I think Bama should get it, but I think they are so afraid of the idea of conference champs meaning nothing. That would be really bad.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I don't have any horse in the race, but I would hope if these current results hold:

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Alabama

I see no upside whatsoever of Ohio State making the playoff. They will get absolutley BTFO by Clemson for the second consecutive year. OSU should frankly kind of hope they get spared the embarassment.
On the flip side, you get a Natty re-match.

I think in order for Ohio State to make a case over Alabama, they would have to beat Wisonsin by 3 TDs.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
at the rate OSU is going, this may all be for nothing.

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Wisconsin
4. Georgia

Even if they win, OSU right now does not look like a team that should be in the playoff. If they win and the committe is so caught up on "MUH CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP" then just give the #4 spot to UCF. UCF stands about as good of a chance of beating Clemson as OSU does, anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad