NCAA GDT: Week 12

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Its the final head to head battle of wits between Justin Fuente & Manny "Manure" Diaz. May the Lord have mercy on our collective souls.

Oh yeah & on the undercard......a "loser leaves town" BIG showdown in Columbus as Sparty tries to stun Ohio & possibly eliminate the Buckeyes from CFP consideration.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Its the final head to head battle of wits between Justin Fuente & Manny "Manure" Diaz. May the Lord have mercy on our collective souls.

Oh yeah & on the undercard......a "loser leaves town" BIG showdown in Columbus as Sparty tries to stun Ohio & possibly eliminate the Buckeyes from CFP consideration.
Fuente was fired this week so he left town already

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
@GKJ If you want to earn enough $$$$ to be able to help the Patriots pay for future GOAT Mac Jones' next contract then go with The Bear on these standout matchups:

Oregon + 3 vs Utah
South Alabama + 28 vs Tennessee
Colorado + 6.5 vs Washington

Reactions: GKJ

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
@GKJ If you want to earn enough $$$$ to be able to help the Patriots pay for future GOAT Mac Jones' next contract then go with The Bear on these standout matchups:

Oregon + 3 vs Utah
South Alabama + 28 vs Tennessee
Colorado + 6.5 vs Washington
I guess it’s good someone believes in Oregon.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
I guess I can’t assume anything with PSU anymore, but I mean, it is Rutgers… at home… just win.

Otherwise I’m looking forward to some QB play later today. I hope Brennan Armstrong is healthy so he can torch Pitt and then Virginia can play for the ACC championship assuming they beat VT too the following week. Also, I’m going to really sit down and watch Matt Corral tonight light up Vandy. He’s my top QB in this class by far. Lane Kiffin was interviewed right after he rolled into Tennessee to a chorus of boos and insults and asked what he keeps him calm/confident in this one. He just smiled and said “Matt Corral”.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess I can’t assume anything with PSU anymore, but I mean, it is Rutgers… at home… just win.

Otherwise I’m looking forward to some QB play later today. I hope Brennan Armstrong is healthy so he can torch Pitt and then Virginia can play for the ACC championship assuming they beat VT too the following week. Also, I’m going to really sit down and watch Matt Corral tonight light up Vandy. He’s my top QB in this class by far. Lane Kiffin was interviewed right after he rolled into Tennessee to a chorus of boos and insults and asked what he keeps him calm/confident in this one. He just smiled and said “Matt Corral”.
Yeah I don’t get how Corral isn’t the top QB ahead of the draft. Like, Kenny Pickett? what?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I always forget we have an NCAA section on this website. As an MSU guy, fingers crossed we hang in there and it’s not a drubbing. Not even sure what the game plan will be I can only assume it’s ball control and aggressive D in hopes we don’t get burned. Because if we aren’t aggressive we’re probably going to get burned either way.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also why is Ohio state/Michigan state on ABC at noon? Can’t figure that out. Fox took the Oklahoma game for some reason.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Yeah I don’t get how Corral isn’t the top QB ahead of the draft. Like, Kenny Pickett? what?
Corral faces much tougher competition. Thing with Pickett - he’s surprisingly had a really good year, even mostly playing garbage teams. But he’s an accident waiting to happen. Threw terrible picks that cost them the game against Miami and another that almost cost them against UNC after doing nothing the entire second half, he fumbles a lot and has small hands. His ceiling may be 2nd or 3rd stringer in the NFL… maybe.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Michigan State has great history as underdogs at Ohio State

Since 2011, no team in the Big Ten has beaten OSU more than MSU’s three victories. And five of the Spartans’ victories have come with the Buckeyes ranked in the top five of the Associated Press rankings — including in 1998, when an unranked MSU under Nick Saban, with Mel Tucker as a graduate assistant, ended OSU’s national championship hopes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Corral faces much tougher competition. Thing with Pickett - he’s surprisingly had a really good year, even mostly playing garbage teams. But he’s an accident waiting to happen. Threw terrible picks that cost them the game against Miami and another that almost cost them against UNC after doing nothing the entire second half, he fumbles a lot and has small hands. His ceiling may be 2nd or 3rd stringer in the NFL… maybe.
That’s kind of how I see it, someone who is like a Matt Barkley who will kick around the league and make a career out of knowing playbooks.

Reactions: Rossi Rat

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection......from Columbus OH.....where ESPN & Buckeye legend Kirk Herbstreit honed his skillz! :yo:

Factoid: As we all know, Brutus was Lee's very 1st headgear donned. :nod:

Sign of the Day:
C
FEpMD8bVgAIwEkb

Celebrity Picker - Columbus pop/rock band 21Pilots, who are going with the home team :nod:

Lee: Reminds us Brutus was his 1st love....always stick with your 1st love as he again dons Brutus! :biglaugh:

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Line is 19 with over/under of 69. Vegas thinking blowout here so I hope not.

member 51464

So if Michigan wins today and the winner of them and Ohio State goes to the Big 10 Championship/has an inside track to the playoff, right?

Sep 19, 2008
This is way too hilarious to see "Fraud" MSU get exposed again so badly like this

and yes I'm fully aware OSU is likely to do the same thing to Michigan next week.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Good thing Mel Tucker got that extension this week

Im good with it. Tucker in every interview says he knows the secondary is extremely weak so he’s not delusional. I’ve really liked what he has done overall in two years with recruiting and transfers. Definitely bringing a passion back that faded with the end of Dantonio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad