NFL GDT: Week 12 - MNF

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
A positive this year that I have enjoyed is play of QB Jay Cutler

How good has Jay Cutler been in 2015 ,, With week 12 almost finished 22 NFL starting QB's have thrown more INT"s then him

Still 5 games to go but it seems safe bet that Cutler will be back as Bears #1 next year and he has silenced many of his critics with his strong play helping Bears establish themselves as no pushover this year

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm gonna say it: the Dion Lewis injury is a killer. As bad as losing Gronk is, and it could be real bad depending on the injury, Lewis was a weapon in the backfield. This game really came down to the Pats' running game blowing hard, while the Broncos' duo came out and played. There's no speedy back on this squad to serve as a foil for Blount, and James White just flat out sucks. Too small to be a power back, too slow to be cut back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That Belichick press conference was something else. Watch it if you get a chance. :laugh:

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
I'm gonna say it: the Dion Lewis injury is a killer. As bad as losing Gronk is, and it could be real bad depending on the injury, Lewis was a weapon in the backfield. This game really came down to the Pats' running game blowing hard, while the Broncos' duo came out and played. There's no speedy back on this squad to serve as a foil for Blount, and James White just flat out sucks. Too small to be a power back, too slow to be cut back.

I thought it came down to the fumbled punt by Harper. Bout to have ball in hand, up 2 TDs, with 12 minutes left in the game

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
A positive this year that I have enjoyed is play of QB Jay Cutler

How good has Jay Cutler been in 2015 ,, With week 12 almost finished 22 NFL starting QB's have thrown more INT"s then him

Still 5 games to go but it seems safe bet that Cutler will be back as Bears #1 next year and he has silenced many of his critics with his strong play helping Bears establish themselves as no pushover this year

Cutler is the definition of an enigma. His personalty, his play, his body language, everything. I could see him finishing the season strong, only to go back to old Cutler next year, then back again.

And while I do put a ton of the blame on Harper, the truth is that the Pats will continue to have difficulty moving the chains in the future without a competent rushing attack. Not asking Adrian Peterson, but having a run game that makes every 2nd and 3rd down long is not a winning formula with a depleted receiving corps.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just took a look at some stats and was surprised by what I saw.

Chris Ivory 6th in rushing when before this season he hadn't exactly flourished as a feature back is pretty surprising.

Doug Martin over the 1,000 yard mark already is also a pretty big deal.

Larry Fitzgerald is nearly over 1,000 yards. Brandon Marshall will get there too and the Jets gave up very little to get him.

Lastly, only Tom Brady and Carson Palmer have more touchdown passes than Derek Carr. Really didn't expect that one before the season started.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Oh man! What a day! Last week I went to my first ever Seahawks game. I've been to quite a few London games, but this was different. This was my fav. team playing.

Today, I was there again and what a game it was! Back and forth play, both teams with superb offense and eventually winning the game 39-30! What a day! I'm so sad I am flying back home tomorrow :(

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
hopefully the Steelers start drafting corners and safeties that know how to cover and tackle. Might have to rake my eyes out with a rusty spoon if i have to watch any more of what I witnessed on Sunday.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Add another name to the Wisconsin RB graveyard.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm not sure why there's a thread dedicated to the toilet bowl though. I have no idea who wants to actually watch this game. Only way I'd watch is if there's a cool drinking game to play that could get me wasted before halftime.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
My computer crapped out on me towards the end of the game but by that point I was way too caught up in everything to even sit down anyway. I haven't felt that emotionally attached to a sporting event in years, I can't even remember the last time I actually paced back and forth over sports. Was so close to turning it off after the Pats went up 21-7 but am I ever glad I decided to keep watching. The poise and maturity Brock showed after the muffed punt recovery (which was the right call, Pats fans) was ridiculous for a guy that was only starting his 2nd career game. And then for the D to hold the Pats and the offense summoning the will to drive the field to get the go ahead score... I've never been so proud to be a Broncos fan. That DT catch was incredible and redeemed what had been up until that point a horrendous night for him. And Emmanuel; sums up his career as a Bronco perfectly, Mr. Clutch. CJ though, what a revelation that dude is when he's on... that jump cut to cut the lead to 21-14 was the filthiest, the nastiest thing I've seen in a long while. Absolutely ridiculous for him to pull that off on a slick surface in that moment. We need that CJ going forward... when he plays full throttle and full of confidence he is almost unstoppable and an absolute joy to watch.

Still pinching myself. Lost my voice screaming at the top of my lungs on that CJ run in OT. My dogs literally fell off the couch because I scared the **** outta em.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trying to look ahead to Week 17 to see what the SNF game will be. Could be Seattle/Arizona again, but if Minnesota/Green Bay is for the division, it will be that.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Pinching myself still. Shannon Sharpe is just killing Pats fans on Twitter.

God, it feels amazing. The complaining about no Amendola, Edelman, Dion or Gronk for under 1/5th of the game while simultaneously ignoring the Broncos are without Manning, Clady, Ware and Ward is downright hilarious.

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011

God, it feels amazing. The complaining about no Amendola, Edelman, Dion or Gronk for under 1/5th of the game while simultaneously ignoring the Broncos are without Manning, Clady, Ware and Ward is downright hilarious.

Sharpe pissed Gronk passed him in the record book ahaha

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach

You're missing a few players from the Patriots that are hurt and losing Manning is addition by subtraction.

But a single loss won't derail the season, just have to get healthy for the playoffs. I agree completely BLASPHEMOUS, losing Lewis for the year hurts. Not that the Pats weren't one dimensional to begin with, but that was mitigated by using the shirt passing game in lieu of a rushing attack. Without Edelman, Lewis, and Amendola they don't even have that. We saw that last night, especially in the second half. Rush for no gain, rush for no gain, incomplete deep ball isn't a recipe for success. Hopefully Gronk is okay and Collins, Hightower, and Amendola can come back healthy against the Eagles.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
You're missing a few players from the Patriots that are hurt and losing Manning is addition by subtraction.

Any update on Gronk? As much as I despise the Pats, you never want to see a star player (or any player) get injured like that. I watched the replay a few times on my DVR and couldn't figure out if it was his leg/knee or mid section but even as a Broncos fan it was horrible to see him in pain like that. Hightower is the other Pat injury I missed, I'm unaware of the others but I digress... I just hope both our teams can meet again this season in the conference championship fully healthy and we get one hell of a game. But can it be played at Mile High, pleeeeease? :)

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
Any update on Gronk? As much as I despise the Pats, you never want to see a star player (or any player) get injured like that. I watched the replay a few times on my DVR and couldn't figure out if it was his leg/knee or mid section but even as a Broncos fan it was horrible to see him in pain like that. Hightower is the other Pat injury I missed, I'm unaware of the others but I digress... I just hope both our teams can meet again this season in the conference championship fully healthy and we get one hell of a game. But can it be played at Mile High, pleeeeease? :)

The big ones are Solder, Collins, and Hightower. But also no Wendell hurts.
Haven't seen anything definitive on Gronk yet, but initial reports look promising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad